Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Free Web Browser-based MMORTS: Illyriad// Limited Recruiting for Bay12 Alliance!  (Read 57130 times)

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile

Yeah, hard to believe people turn into a frenzy over a small island that isn't all that fertile. They do the same thing over another island that is even less fertile.

Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's a Machiavellian thing. You can't just let people claim land without ☼some☼ dispute, otherwise you'll get people claiming much more. Well, at least openly. Pretty much every alliance out there claims a 10 square radius.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile

True. I know that RES abides by either the eight square rule or the six square rule. Maybe even less.
Lurking since 2009

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

So yeah, on my top thuper-thereal secret alt account I was messing around as usual when I completed the "horses don't have fangs" quest. 4 scrawny wulfs were delivered to my lil' Kobold jungle.
Instantly fell in love with the god-eating pups, and thought about it real hard.
And so it was to be. I was going to make mass scrawny wurlfs armies on top of mass Kobolds.
So I started doing some maths on this, and Scrawny Wolves can be very powerful.
"Cavalry should never be deployed in defense except in the most dire circumstances."
"Dire wolves totally count as dire circumstances."

Direwolves are well rounded, with 8 attack, 8 spear defense, 7 ranged defense and 7 cavalry defense. Lower in almost all regards than even Kobold cohorts for every combat stat except ranged defense.
But they have one thing going for them - speed.
Scruffies all have a nice speed of 15.
With an upkeep of 1gp/h, they're cheap cavalry that can defend. If you're an orc with 7 food towns scattered around plains, these things can respond with a speed infantry wished they possessed.
That cavalry defense bonus on plains isn't that bad either.
They can outspeed all of the T2 cavalry (except the elves, sneaky elves :|), match/win against the speed of most T1 cavalry too leaving them the role of the only defensive cavalry in the game.
Led by a T1 Wolfrider you can get that 15% cavalry defence bonus, giving them all +1. Cheap rapid relief forces.
They only come through the quests though, so if you want to go mass Scruffies you'll essentially be trading your barracks with the Inn for troop production.
They also cost 8 cows for 4 scruffies, but that's still cheaper than the T1 / T2 Orc cavalry and leave much more town squares open for building other stuff.
These would be great for leading the defense of vital squares like towns under surprise attacks or tourney squares whilst stronger infantry lag behind ready to secure the place.

Overall though, I'd recommend no one and everyone mass up armies of T0 units. They're highly specialized, but are worth it on account of being awesome. And they nom nom nom trueshots... In enough numbers :P

Spoiler: Mandatory chat logs (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

POISONOUS CRAWLER IS NATIONAL ANIMAL FOR ARMOKUMID, ALL OTHER ANIMALS ARE SILLY WEAKLING.

POISONOUS CRAWLER STRONG.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile

I still want a poisonous crawler commander...
Lurking since 2009

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile

Tournament 6 has arrived!

Dark Harvest

We're hoping to outdo our outstanding score from the last tournament!
Lurking since 2009

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Praise the red eyes around us,
Who's watching gaze gives no signs,
May he lend our tools the strength to make us,
The forges to create us,
So that the rivers may flow with boiling blood extract,
The limbs sever off in flying arcs of glory,
From the raws we came, to the raws we return,
Blood for the blood God
TO RAW

~Urist.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile

You sent my 200 - person army to the spot. yay.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You sent my 200 - person army to the spot. yay.
Well you are getting compensated for troops that haven't died 1000 times over :P

GirlscoutBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Dark Harvest tournament lasts until 31 Oct, and 192337 dwarves have already died in glorious Armok-pleasing battles!
Well.. some of them might have been less bearded and pointed eared, but their blood is appreciated all the same!

If anyone is eager to join in on the fun, joining now will mean that you'll be battle-ready for the last 2 weeks which, due to the nature of the tournament, will be much, much! bloodier than it has been so far!

(No need to worry about how to equip your new troops for the tourney either, paranoid Tom has been stockpiling weapons for ages :)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Join now and receive free naked druid warriors! (LIMITED TIME OFFER - 2 WEEKS)!

GirlscoutBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yes! The naked blue painted men really are a limited one-time offer!

To join up: http://illyriad.com/?104473
I get some extra prestige if you use this link and decide to stick around, all of which gets sent straight back into our Alliance Pool for future use and, of course, the greater good!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:37:43 pm by GirlscoutBob »

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile

In 2 attacks, we lost 47% of our troops. BUILD TROOPS!
47% because the first attack made us lose 25%, and the next made us lose 23%.

11,120 knights (not including the commanders) were sent during the first attack.
7,714 death packs (not including commanders) were sent during the second attack.

Spoiler: For Loud Whispers (click to show/hide)

By my estimation, there were about 90,000 troops at the spot at the end of the second attack.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Spoiler: For Loud Whispers (click to show/hide)

I THOUGHT YOU LIKED SWORDS BRO

By my estimation, there were about 90,000 troops at the spot at the end of the second attack.
Hey hey hey, giving troop estimations while the tourney is still going on is very bad practice :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19