Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Let's Play Sword of the Samurai!  (Read 17328 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Sword of the Samurai!
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 12:15:01 pm »

Am I the only one who thinks that Bob should disgrace Sakuan by any means necessary?

Wait... I see what you guys are up to. You want Bob to befriend Sakuan so that he won't suspect Bob when things go awry for House Sakuan. You fiendish devils.

Actually, if our liege dies now, then Sakuan will become the liege.  It would be nice to be friends with the new liege.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 12:43:08 pm »

But if we discredit Sakuan now, Bob would become the liege instead of Sakuan. You may speak reason, but ambition has never hurt anyone, now has it?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 01:32:29 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 01:03:13 pm »

Assist Sakuan.

What was the saying or something... "Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer?" :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 01:31:29 pm »

Agh forum noobery.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2012, 05:02:27 pm »

Posting to watch, definitely.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 12:42:59 pm »

Watching.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 01:28:48 pm »

Actually playing as well. It is old, wonderful game. Tried 4 times, became a Shogun once, died all other times :P Damn nightly assasins...
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2012, 11:18:54 am »

Bob left at the head of his army this morning. It took some preparation on my part to get the supplies together for all of them but I managed it.

We met a traveler on the road who told us that Eisei is up to his old tricks again. He's rebuilt his army and is likely going to be looking for revenge.

We've arrived at Sakuan's fief. While large, our holdings are larger.

He was very glad to see us. Before the battle he treated us to an admittedly nice banquet.

Our combined armies were clearly more than a match for the paltry force of our foes.

Our foes may have realized that but they charged anyway. They met nothing but our swords. We lost not a single samurai.

As Bob and Sakuan surveyed the battlefield a messenger approached. Bob seemed excited by the news delivered to him. I later heard the news. House Smith has an heir. Due to Bob's absence, Ari decided on the name. Ieyasu. A fine name. Much better than Bob I might add. Such an outlandish name...his father must have had ingested quite a lot of sake when he decided on that name.

Soon after our victory Sakuan and his troops departed, presumably to fight Eisei for Lord Riemon.

What shall Bob decide to do now?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2012, 11:23:03 am »

Perform few adventures of honour and swordfightery alone!
SigFlags!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2012, 11:25:13 am »

Are we at our max troop amount? If not, make it so! If that is covered, some solo badassery to increase our standing within the clan would be good.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2012, 11:33:59 am »

It depends.Is Bob the favorite ?If he is assassinate the Hatamoto

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2012, 12:00:05 pm »

With our vast holdings it was realized by our advisers that our army could be larger. Eight brave warriors flocked to our banner.

Lord Riemon seems to love large armies. We have received rumors that Sakuan has lost favour to us as of late.

This might not last long though. Sakuan is attacking Eisei. If he wins it could bring him land and favour enough to regain his dominance.

With Sakuan's predicted increase in troops it seemed wise to continue to increase our retinue.

Disaster! Bandits are ravaging our fief! Mobilize brave soldiers! We must crush these pests before they breed!

Sakuan has bested Eisei. What a surprise. I swear, Lord Eisei must be the worst general in all of Nippon.

As we are mobilizing to repel the invaders a messenger from Lord Riemon's court arrived baring news of a strange samurai claiming to be able to best anyone. Bob would surely have gone any other time but unfortunately there's a battle to ready for.

As I predicted, Sakuan's shearing of Eisei has regained him his position as court favourite. Ah well. Let's hope it won't last long.

On the eve of the battle Ari bore a daughter. A good omen! We will surely win!

Bob marches off to battle today. I pray for his victory.

They're hiding in the forests! Watch your flank!

Got them! And the archers have picked off a few of the soldiers on our right too.

These brigands are strong in numbers but we are stronger. Victory will surely be ours.

They are broken! The few remaining bandits flee from the battlefield! They won't dare to remain on our land any longer. Victory is ours!

The battle is won but we must bury our dead now. Nine new graves sit atop the hill where we won our victory. I feel for the widows.

Replacing our ranks takes time. Hopefully we will displace Sakuan.

Terutora was slain fighting the mysterious samurai. Tragedy.

His son has taken over leadership of his house. He is last in court favour but he may prove to be dangerous some day. Only time will tell.

Bob meanwhile, has traveled to Lord Riemon's castle seeking a task but for once, finds none waiting for him.

On his way back home he is harassed by a group of Ronin who insult his regal appearance, insinuating that he has never fought before, only drank tea and written orders for other men. Bob, of course, didn't stand for this. He is so rash...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What a fight! The tale reached the ears of Lord Riemon who acknowledged the battle as a sign of Bob's increasing honour.

Another son! Once again Bob let Ari name him. He gives too much power to that woman. Ah well, such is the way of love. If I was naming the child I would have named him insurance policy.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:32:37 pm by Cicero »

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2012, 04:32:49 pm »

Lol in case it wasn`t clear I`m still taking suggestions as to what to do next...

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2012, 04:34:06 pm »

Assassinate the Hatamoto once Bob becomes the favorite.Just make sure not to fail or
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2012, 05:30:44 pm »

Putting a small space between the pictures for that MELEE montage could make it a bit more viewable for me. Right now at first glance I get a zebra effect and that makes me a sad ursine.

Gather up your armies until you hit the limit. Campaign when possible to gain more land. Recruit more troops. In-between time should be spent whoring for honour wherever possible. The hatamoto is old. You have an heir. We can wait it out. Bob may not become shogun, but House Smith will surely rule Japan one day.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5