Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Let's Play Sword of the Samurai!  (Read 17330 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Sword of the Samurai!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 11:27:54 am »

The honorable Bob Smith shall defend the clan's honor.This should propel Bob over his rivals.

Heck no, melee battles are a no-go as long as you have no heir.

Fight the enemy army instead.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 11:55:11 am »

Kill the bandits, then go steal an heirloom sword or something from Lord Sakuan. That should lower his worth in the eyes of hatamoto.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 11:57:06 am »

I tried to consul Bob into fighting the bandits, his honour could stand to improve in our lord's eyes but he would have none of it. Here was a chance to strike back against Eisei who had besieged his lands and slain his people. Who was I to argue with such a truth?

Eisei had lost most of his troops in the attack and his forces looked feeble when next to ours. Thus we decided that the simple plan of Yoshi of marching straight towards them should be enough to guarantee victory.

We swarmed against their lines, the clash of arms deafening...

They were slaughtered. Some turned and ran while other, more worthy souls, fought to the death. But they stood no chance against our numbers.

We have won the day! Eisei should have thought twice before attacking us! We even have some more land, as if we needed it.

Lord Riemon, sensing Bob's great military prowess has tasked yet another conquest.

What now? Shall we answer the call of battle or fight the bandits. I also believe I heard Sakuan is present at the court, we could pay him a visit, for a tea-ceremony or for a duel to the death.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 12:03:53 pm »

Sakuan is too great to be challenged directly at the moment. Show the monks their place, maybe Lord Riemon will reward Bob with more land if he takes care of the sohei. With more land come larger armies. With force of arms comes respect. With respect Bob will climb to the top of his clan.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 02:08:56 pm »

We have already proven our might as a general and have abundant lands.  More fighting at this point wouldn't improve our stature.  To me the prudent course of action seems to be to seek out one on one combat with Sakuan then return home to raise more levies.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 04:19:00 pm »

I tried to consul Bob into a duel with Sakuan, but again he rebuffed me saying he would not strike down a man who has done him no harm as of yet. Hmm. Perhaps I shall have to find some wrongdoing for Sakuan to have committed...In any case he marched on the border fort as per Lord Riemon's request.

Once again he chose the simple but ingenious Yoshi tactic.

The monks were shattered by our powerful charge.

The day is won!

Once again our fief swells but I am slow to see the benefits. We already control so much land. A little more doesn't seem to make much difference.

Catastrophe! While we were off fighting for the defense of the realm our rivals were spinning lies about us to Lord Riemon! We must move quickly to rectify this!

Bob is too distracted to focus on his fleeting honour. Once again he has found a woman...her name is Ari and their courting grows irritating to me, an old man who sees only a young man allowing his destiny to be stolen while he drinks tea with a slow-minded woman. Ah perhaps I'm letting my age cloud my vision. The boy is merely a boy after all.

They are married before the end of the week. Even my crusty old soul found joy in their wedding.

The crustiness returns to dominate my mind. While he was dillydallying about Sakuan killed off the bandits earning him so much honour it's a wonder he doesn't transcend here and now.

I've shuffled Bob and Ari home quickly and begun recruiting samurai. If they will not respect us than we shall force them at sword point.

Ever since our ranks swelled the whispering throughout the court that troubled us so has subsided. How mysterious.

Ha! The Ikko-Ikki rabble have risen in Sakuan's land. If he was defeated by such scum than his honour would no doubt be questioned. Although assisting him would certainly gain our house some much needed respect and honour.

The current standings.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »

Assist Sakaun, it will improve our position relative to him by giving us honor while his stature will increase no more.  At the same time it will cement friendship with him meaning that our main rival will not be an antagonist.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 05:03:22 pm »

Assist Sakaun, it will improve our position relative to him by giving us honor while his stature will increase no more.  At the same time it will cement friendship with him meaning that our main rival will not be an antagonist.
Plus, we get to wave our army-dick in front of his face. This, why not.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »

Yes, do this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 05:24:20 pm »

Posting to watch.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 09:34:41 pm »

Yes, do this.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 10:47:16 am »

Yes, do this.

+1
Yep.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 11:13:40 am »

Am I the only one who thinks that Bob should disgrace Sakuan by any means necessary?

Wait... I see what you guys are up to. You want Bob to befriend Sakuan so that he won't suspect Bob when things go awry for House Sakuan. You fiendish devils.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 11:24:50 am »

I say we have Bob kidnap a family member of Sakuan,if he has any.Hold said member hostage for more land.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 11:45:18 am »

Posting to follow.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5