Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 85972 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.2
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2012, 10:55:34 am »

I understand the obsession with the real game rules, but sometimes it's better just to use your imagination and common sense to make it right in DF, even if it goes against the tabletop game rules. Because DF skill/attack/other rolls are so much more complex, and because the game plays differently as well. Just saying :).

Still, having a hard copy of rules is often awesome. It can provide that warm feel inside, and a lot of inspiration.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2012, 01:21:05 pm »

Thank you. This is one of the few mods I actually use, and of all of them, I like this one the best.
And one question: Why didn't you put any evil clouds? I can understand not including blood rain and undead, but from what I read, Necromunda is covered with drifting mists of mutating and horrific pollution. Love the rest of it though.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2012, 01:24:16 pm »

Thank you. This is one of the few mods I actually use, and of all of them, I like this one the best.
And one question: Why didn't you put any evil clouds? I can understand not including blood rain and undead, but from what I read, Necromunda is covered with drifting mists of mutating and horrific pollution. Love the rest of it though.

Glad you enjoy our work!

Weather effects are planned (loosely based on Necromunda treacherous conditions rules), we just haven't got around to them yet.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:35:55 pm by Destroid »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2012, 01:27:17 pm »

Just copy interaction_weather.txt and inorganic_wasteland_weather.txt from my Post-Apocalypse mod, and change the effects. It should help you to focus on other things, I approve.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2012, 04:38:33 pm »

I understand the obsession with the real game rules, but sometimes it's better just to use your imagination and common sense to make it right in DF, even if it goes against the tabletop game rules. Because DF skill/attack/other rolls are so much more complex, and because the game plays differently as well. Just saying :).

Still, having a hard copy of rules is often awesome. It can provide that warm feel inside, and a lot of inspiration.

This is mroe or less what I was thinking. I'm just bad with words.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 22, 2012, 07:35:00 pm »

Its more about capturing the unique thematic of Necromunda, rather than what people perceive as "40k IP". I always found it was easier to imagine each character in Necromunda and what his/her motivations were.

I think our first rule was that if something feels "hacky" when playing, we should change/remove it. One example was the isotropic rods making isotropic nest boxes available.. by adding something we ruined something else. This is something we try very hard not to do. For various reasons Plasmaguns on the outlaws have fallen to this enemy. They are just too hacky to put in so we will go with something else instead.

When something gets implemented and it fits with the thematic AND tabletop rules... yes there is a warm feeling :D but I dont think we hunt for that as much as theme.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2012, 08:37:26 pm »

Can we have the worthless trash/slag become useful? Like how the scrap mounds in Deon's Post-Apoc mod can be salvaged into a wide variety of useful/weird stuff.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 23, 2012, 01:36:30 am »

Currently scrap can be made into a whole lot of useful things in the Tanners, Reclaimators Shop and Machine Shop. In the next patch you will back to make basic tools and furniture from them as well. This will allow you to optionally spend less of embark tools, and more on skills.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 23, 2012, 01:57:04 am »

Its more about capturing the unique thematic of Necromunda, rather than what people perceive as "40k IP". I always found it was easier to imagine each character in Necromunda and what his/her motivations were.

I think our first rule was that if something feels "hacky" when playing, we should change/remove it. One example was the isotropic rods making isotropic nest boxes available.. by adding something we ruined something else. This is something we try very hard not to do. For various reasons Plasmaguns on the outlaws have fallen to this enemy. They are just too hacky to put in so we will go with something else instead.

When something gets implemented and it fits with the thematic AND tabletop rules... yes there is a warm feeling :D but I dont think we hunt for that as much as theme.
Yep, I understand your way of thinking.

Also I cannot look past your avatar, every time... We need a "Samurai Jack" mod :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 23, 2012, 02:54:40 am »

i was thinking of a samurai jack mod a while back. I think Destroid convinced me it wouldnt be very interesting in a DF mod... now a dedicated adventure game in the same style.... GIMMIE!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2012, 02:35:55 pm »

Will ceramite be added?
From the fluff, much of the hive is created from low grade ceramite. I think that purifying rubble and mixing it with various metals at a refinery would make it armor grade. Not Space Marine grade, but guardsmen flak vest grade. Pure ceramite conducts almost no heat, so I guess it would be quite cold to touch.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:48:03 pm by Mrhappyface »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2012, 04:19:47 pm »

I thought Flak armor was made with layers of crap to do different things (dissipate heat, reduce shrapnal injury, protection and mobility, that sort of thing,) I didn't know ceramite was even in it. Though I may have missed that part when I was reading on it.

Not that it really can do any of that crap up against most of what those poor redshirts fight.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 23, 2012, 05:31:08 pm »

I thought Flak armor was made with layers of crap to do different things (dissipate heat, reduce shrapnal injury, protection and mobility, that sort of thing,) I didn't know ceramite was even in it. Though I may have missed that part when I was reading on it.

Not that it really can do any of that crap up against most of what those poor redshirts fight.
It's supposedly one of the more easy to produce substances in the Imperium. Although I get your point. I remember that space marine armor was a ceramite/adamantine blend.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 23, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »

Ill put some sort of flame resistant material in at the same time as I put in redemptionists. Wont be much.

After playing the succession fort last night, I found a few more bugs with fertilizer. Combination of organs not stored properly and bone not grinded properly. Might just make a simple reaction (Ash+Organs+raw bone+fuel=Fertilizer), or attempt to repair the whole thing. Reactions that use bags/barrels are full of fail at the moment.

Suds just sent me a new version of the tileset. Gonna check it out :D

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 23, 2012, 09:26:42 pm »

Can you release ASCII raws? I love the mod but I hate graphics.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20