Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 85990 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.2
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2012, 06:18:24 am »

So it was either idiots eating toxic plants, or the water (I forgot to bring a fuel rod) causing them to randomly have fevers. Great.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2012, 10:24:24 am »

The only food that gives them fevers is cavespore, it must be cooked to make it safe for consumption.  Waxroot is inedible, it might be wilting if it's sitting around in a stockpile?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2012, 03:00:21 pm »

I kept it all indoors to limit that. Waxroots I had just collected and had prepared we nowhere to be seen. So it was probably the water causing the random fevers.

Also, grox are some tough bastards. One wound up with a sever rot courtesy of a vent lurker since the animal caretaker is broken and it just shrugged it off.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2012, 05:10:38 pm »

Yep Grox have a lot more % muscle in their body so they generate MEAT! This also makes them quite tough.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2012, 05:14:41 pm »

Meat is good. I like meat. The reaction for the shield is working like a charm, so I 'm gonna try to make a similar one to make some plated gloves and shoes. Thanks for the help on that.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2012, 05:34:22 pm »

No probs. Im going to play another fort or two to test out your theories on the hivers being too weak. If i find so, I'd prefer to make their skulls tougher than to give them more armor..

One of my favourite pics of necromunda

Oh Suds. Maybe working on hairstyles isnt such a bad idea!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2012, 05:54:17 pm »

My issue with that was just the fact that DF's engine makes unarmored fighters of any race extremly fragile. Like old tabletop Dark Eldar fragile. I've never had unarmoed soldiers of any sort surivive past thier first battle unless I had alot of extra guys... The helmets were to just give them (well, more me, since I focus on small well trainied assault troops) some kind of hope of surviving getting shot/stabbed/bashed in the face. Plus scavvies were rediculously easy to kill if they weren't armed properly; Had a pair of dogs rip one apart like he was made of wet cardboard. Same happened to an outlaw, though he was able to put up with a fight now that he had knife. Stabbed a dog in the leg which put it out of the fight, had both hands bitten by another dog and a grox bull I had posted near the depot flipped its lid and decided that outlaw needed his shit slapped.

And it was. All over the depot. But he was actually able to put up a fight, at least against three fighting dogs (the grox bull... not so much. All he managed to do was stab it once, then get his arm broken by a now very angry bull instead of a mildly annoyed one.) with the addition of the fighting knife. Forgot to add it to the scavvies as intended, so I did and now they can do alot more in thier escape attempts.

I never played the tabletop of Necromunda, but from what I've read it seems like a pretty good game. Diggin' that pic too.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2012, 09:16:38 pm »

Is there a rule about the kinds of weapons that snatchers carry?  A size limit or something like that?

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2012, 09:18:32 pm »

Is there a rule about the kinds of weapons that snatchers carry?  A size limit or something like that?

I'm pretty sure that it just needs [SKILL:DAGGER] and snatchers/thieves will carry it.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2012, 09:28:28 pm »

The survivability can be fixed up in other ways as well. Im not against changing it, but im definitely against thematic changes. One other avenue is to increase either the thickness of the tissue layers, or lower the penetration on most weapons.

Adding a knife in is a great idea. Also thematic as every member of a Necromunda gang gets a knife for free! I added Shivs in with the junk weapons previously but I dont think the scavvies can get them yet.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2012, 10:07:02 pm »

Well I figured the environment would probably leave alot to be desired in unmutated humans, so I left the tissues alone. I figure helmet aside makeshift armor would work better than thicker skin or muscles most hivers would probably lack anyway. Except for House Golaith. The official art for them I've seen makes it look like you'd need at least a bolter to hurt those freakishly muscled guys.

The knife  was just to make snatchers more interesting to run into and the crude shield to give everyone's melee guys a bit of added survivablity. The helmet was for me though. I added those so my troops could hopefully survive getting bitchwhipped upside the head. Does not help getting punched in the mouth though. Not one bit. Poor Militia commander learned that the hard way. I'm going to take what I've learned and try to make a reaction for a scrap helmet of sorts. Then I can eliminate the actual item from the entities.

Oh, dunno if I said this but Kudos on the chitin body armor too. It actually gave me an incentive to kill those damned spiders.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2012, 10:22:05 pm »

Well I figured the environment would probably leave alot to be desired in unmutated humans, so I left the tissues alone. I figure helmet aside makeshift armor would work better than thicker skin or muscles most hivers would probably lack anyway.

Again, I think you are taking the wrong angle on this. Increasing the thickness of tissues in the raws can be used as a balance mechanism. While DF is very Simulation oriented, one of my personal goals with the mod (dont know if this was Destroids idea as well), was to make the whole thing more Game-like. Which means gameplay balance over "realistic" numbers, ad adding goals, both short and long term to the mod.

One example I can give was that spiders are retardedly tough because of how many hit locations they have (8 legs with 3 parts each), I suggested that spider legs have only 1 location. Im sure you would say "BUT SPIDER LEGS CAN BEND!". This would simply a way to balance the gameplay, not a way to change the thematic.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2012, 10:43:16 pm »

Ok, so here's my ignorance really shown. And I never really noticed anything in regards to hit locations. Bit one, bit two, bit three. Besides, after a couple parts get lopped off they usually die of blood loss so thier hit locations aren't really an issue. At least to me anyway. If anything the only thing they have going for them is the fact it takes awhile  for them to bleed out and thier venom.

And to show the ignorance: What in the hell does Thamatic mean.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2012, 01:52:43 am »

Do you guys know if making a pistol with a bayonet having a "dagger" skill assigned allows it to be used by thieves? If so, you could have ranged thieves.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2012, 01:54:36 am »

Do you guys know if making a pistol with a bayonet having a "dagger" skill assigned allows it to be used by thieves? If so, you could have ranged thieves.

I doubt they'd do it, but that'd be wierd... And interesting....
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20