Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 86006 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.2
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2012, 01:07:51 am »

I don't see why the fists would get involved in anything. SO they'd be best left in the fanciful critters section.

That is exactly why they are in the fanciful section :D Has anyone found a carving/craft of them yet? I was hoping it would occur more frequently.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2012, 06:16:19 am »

heaven't done enough engraving/crafting to be honest. I keep giving up by year 3 due to being overwhelmed by migrants.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:11 am »

build a migrant filter... which is an automated system to drop all but 1 of the migrants into a very deep hole whenever they arrive :D

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2012, 09:34:38 am »

With slab fixes, a HAS(DAS) would work.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2012, 02:45:40 am »

Did you have a problem with people trying to store "ammo" shot by creatures? Like, plasma or something.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2012, 02:48:16 am »

Is there a reason hivers lack the mental capacity/ability to make simple armor...? Cause it makes having assault troops redundant since they're a hell of alot squishier without it than even a piss poor PDF trooper would be, and I dislike using ranged troops.

You'd think armor would be easy to obtain/scrap armor be producable at least.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2012, 04:51:54 am »

In Necromunda, all armour is rare trade (even the Imperial Guard standard flak armour).  Currently you can purchase the armours from the Guilder caravan, and we will be implementing some new types over time, but armour will never be as effective as it is in standard Dwarf Fortress.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2012, 04:59:38 am »

Still, making some plates and chains and embellished skull-shaped codpieces with spiky bits out of metal wouldn't be out of place. Maybe not helmets though, that would get in the way of having fabulous hair (or a bandanna or whatever) which is arguably what Necromunda is all about. Perhaps you could use a reaction in a custom workshop to turn any metal into less-effective scrap armor.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2012, 05:20:18 am »

Is there a reason hivers lack the mental capacity/ability to make simple armor...? Cause it makes having assault troops redundant since they're a hell of alot squishier without it than even a piss poor PDF trooper would be, and I dislike using ranged troops.

You'd think armor would be easy to obtain/scrap armor be producable at least.

Firstly your Settlement militia are NOT Planetary Defence Corps, nor in any way related to imperial guard, both in training or equipment

Secondly.. Junk/Scrap armor is actually available already

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2012, 05:23:00 am »

Did you have a problem with people trying to store "ammo" shot by creatures? Like, plasma or something.

Not sure what you mean by this Deon...

Also. Subscribed to your Youtube :D Prospector is awesome!

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2012, 10:12:06 am »

snip
Secondly.. Junk/Scrap armor is actually available already

You know, one of these days I should actually sit down and play this mod longer than a half hour.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2012, 06:32:55 am »

Some grox proved my point on melee being way more entertaining (nose removed by horn. Rhinoplasty I think.) Though being up far longer than a sane man should be helps.

There seems to be a glitch with the home caravans;None showed up the first year. Also, I noticed you fixed the column graphic. Nice. But was the caravan thing intention or is it really a glitch like I'm figuring?

Before I do anything, I'm gonna apologize, but I made the following changes for my own use, and figured I'd share them in case any of them arouse interest.

added in a custom weapon, Fighting knives, for outlaws, scavvies, and hivers.
Crude shields for the same sans scavvies. Upped the blockchance on riotshields to 40 so they remain superior. Takes two bars to make a crude shield with a blockchance of 20
Gave access to home-made helmets to hivers and outlaws. decided against breatsplates since there's the scrap armor that I didn't know about until ealier yesterday.
Made vent lurkers, scavvy dogs, and wolf spiders tameable and breedable. WOlf spiders are especially prolific breeders due to being, well, spiders. Unless those are actual spiders made huge and scary and I'm ignorant on them.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2012, 12:13:14 am »

You will probably find your guys will be way too tough with 40% block chance shields in DF.  Unfortunately, shields simply stop any attack they block, regardless of it's penetration, or what the shield is made from (unless that was fixed in .34).  If you are finding your men being shot down too easily you could try fighting in more closed spaces, allow them to enter some corridors or similar.  When it comes down to it, this is a futuristic mod with simulation elements too it, melee is never going to be as good as guns, and armour will never be especially effective (on the tabletop, even the best armour only increases your chance of shrugging off most hits (lasguns/boltguns) by 1/3rd).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2012, 12:35:13 am »

That's why i set the shilds to such a block chance; I imagine riot shields would be rather large (They look about the size of a Legionaire's Scutum, the tower shield they employed) while the crude variety being substantially smaller, represented as currently taking half as many materials and having half the blocking chance. Plus to even get them I'd need the guilders to show up. Might reduce the blockchance to 15.

As far as being shot down, it's less of an issue because the few attackers I've recieved don't seem to know what guns are, otherwise I try to draw them into the gate house and tie them up with assault troops while riflemen cripple them, unless I forget to make ammo. Then it turns into a huge clusterfuck of epic proportions.

But thanks to Abregado, I plan on moving the crude shield over to the relaimator shop to be made from a couple leather strips and a scrap sheet, and make gloves with a metal plate on the back using those chunks (since I have no ideanor have I seen them used for anything) as a stand in for gauntlets; Hand injuries are the worst a soldier can sustain next to nerve damage in the legs/feet. If you can't hold a sword or rifle you can't fight after all. I may do the same to make some plated boots from leather shoes and scrap chunks, if either is possible possible. And to make things fair, I'd allow the hostiles to have these too naturally. I'm trying to limit the injuries by adding things someone would probably make in place of proper armor. After all, some metal plates and gloves with a bit of metal to help reduce injury is better than just your shirt and pants.

And with the knife I added, snatchers now have a chance of actually suriving to report what they saw. Before they only had that feeble bag. Even dogs could bring them down it was so pathetic. So I used the carving knife as abase to give everyone but the guilders access to a simple knife. If I were better at reactions I'd make them useable as bayonets.

Also, Are waxroots edible? because my uncultivated ones keep disappearing when I need clothes for those hivers who arrived without.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2012, 02:36:09 am »

Also, Are waxroots edible? because my uncultivated ones keep disappearing when I need clothes for those hivers who arrived without.

iirc yes, but they're mildly toxic. if you see a lot of people running around with ! over their head and it isn't because they're hungry or thirsty, it's probably because they ate waxroot.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20