Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.  (Read 93690 times)

CuRiSeeechun

• Bay Watcher
  • Available in 1 size!
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.
« Reply #435 on: June 21, 2012, 06:41:58 am »

Isn't Mayard a really bad liar though?
Try to act surprised, like here:
Ask her if she knows what it is. We can play dumb and see if she knows anything that might give us away.
+1

plus this is a good idea:
I'd actually suggest asking specifically, "Do you know what the hell it is?" Seems a bit more surprised and confused than "Do you know what it is?"

Probably just me nitpicking but I stand by it all the same.

But I reckon if it fails, try to pass it off as tiredness. I mean, I personally cannot emote very well when I just wake up. Maybe even pretend to start getting suspicious of HER if she keeps asking you questions.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 21, 2012, 07:29:58 am »

Turn 44:

Panel 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mayard: "Do you know what the hell it is?"
Yergen: "No. We should get help."
Mayard: "Alright."
Yergen: "The captain and the mayor will want to know about this."

You agree since you can't think of any reasonable argument for that. You could always~
No, No. You couldn't hurt Yergen, she isn't a bad person. You don't think you could kill or incapacitate her even if you tried.

Panel 2:

Mayor: "What is it Davis?"
Captain Davis: "Harmless, like this. It's crystaline energy."
Father: "More information please..."
Captain Davis: "Necromancers take energy out of dead bodies and store it like this, for later use..."
Mayor: "So a necromancer did this?"
Captain Davis: "Yes. Spread out and take a look around. They might still be close."

Panel 3:
The Mayor and the Captain talk. You stay near to try and overhear the conversation.

Mayor: "How do you know about Necromancy?"
Captain Davis: "I've had dealings with Necromancers before."
Mayor: "Back when you were a-"
Captain Davis: "Yes before I was taken down a notch."
Mayor: "No more said about that then. How much danger do you think we are in? I thought after that fight the grouges would be to down on numbers to try anything. But this, this, I don't think we can deny that there is a Necromancer behind this, possibley even two."
Captain Davis: "I don't know, I thought they would leave since they have what they wanted. Yet they attack the village."
Mayor: "How can we fight them if we don't know what their goals are?"
Captain Davis: "I don't know, I will send a runner to the outpost to the west to request aid when we return to the hall. If you will excuse me I want to question the boy."
Mayor: "Go ahead, is it safe to get a closer look at that crystal?"
Captain Davis: "Yes. Perfectly safe unless you try to eat it."

Oh god, questions. Gotta try and look confused, like you haven't overheard their whole conversation.

Captain Davis: "So boy, you were here the only time when this could have been made?"
Mayard: "Yes... I was Sir."
Captain Davis: "But you were asleep?"
Mayard: "Yes, I was worn out after that fight, and all that magic."
Captain Davis: "Did you hear anything? Notice anything at all?"

>_____

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 21, 2012, 08:43:28 am »

"No sir."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #438 on: June 21, 2012, 08:45:06 am »

Ask the captain if the necromancer might be here to help us, considering the skeletons who attacked the Grouges. Maybe the crystal energy is his price, he did help us afterall, whoever he is.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 21, 2012, 10:12:59 am »

we should also ask him if all necromancers are evil, (if we're comfortable letting him know we were eaves dropping a little) you know, test the waters a little with the guy.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 21, 2012, 10:53:55 am »

Ask the captain if the necromancer might be here to help us, considering the skeletons who attacked the Grouges. Maybe the crystal energy is his price, he did help us afterall, whoever he is.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 21, 2012, 02:56:39 pm »

Start by "No sir". Immediatly "wonder" if the skeletons earlier may be related. Considering those skeletons helped, what are the necromancer's goal? Maybe he's not totally evil? Also because if he came and did this, he also let me (Mayard) unharmed (logic).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 21, 2012, 04:13:21 pm »

"no sir..." "sir? do you think all Necromancers are evil? because... in the fight there where those skeletons, It might have been the chaos and all. but they seemed like they were attacking the grouges... so... they were helping us?"

"if a necromancer did make those crystals, then by some virtue he did leave me alone right?"

should we start thinking about leaving town? hmmm that would make us look wicked 'guilty' (also, lets pray he doesn't search us and finds those crystal jars =x)
edit: if he does find our crystal jars maybe we should just come clean and tell him we only wanted to use our gift to help our family friends and kin.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 21, 2012, 08:10:07 pm »

if he does find our crystal jars maybe we should just come clean and tell him we only wanted to use our gift to help our family friends and kin.
Agreed, otherwise I think that we should stick to our story of sleeping through the whole thing. They haven't said anything about necromancy to us, so don't ask about it unless you reveal that you were dropping on their eaves...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 22, 2012, 05:48:36 am »

dropping a few eaves isnt a terrible crime, afterall we're 'concerned' theres a necromancer 'on the loose' in our 'peacefull' little hamlet.

but yeah, we can just mention the skeletons and the golem and go from there, if he mentions necromancers we can ask him if he thinks the skeletons were attacking the grouges.

I really want to know if he thinks all necromancers are evil. or that its a valid profession ;)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 22, 2012, 07:26:14 pm »

Well if they do then it could cost them their job, and a lot more besides, so it may be difficult to find out without compromising ourselves...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 22, 2012, 08:14:00 pm »

Say no with respect, but don't ask about necromancers. We shouldn't have heard their conversation about necromancers after all, so don't bring it up unless he does so first. Ask if theres anything else we can do to help.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 23, 2012, 10:14:01 am »

I don't object to coming clean about hearing them mention necromancy, but if we just blurt out "how do you feel about necromancy?" without any reason as to why we would know anything about necromancy, then it is a one-way trip to being weighed against a duck...
Read the First Post!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 23, 2012, 04:48:02 pm »

yeah you guys are probably right, lets just say no and try to be compliant for the time being

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 24, 2012, 01:30:55 am »

Turn 45:

Panel 1:

Mayard: "No sir, I didn't see anything."
Captain Davis: "Captain."
Mayard: "... what?"
Captain Davis: "Call my either Captain or Davis. Just don't call me sir."
Mayard: "Oh, I'm sorry Captain."
Captain Davis: "Don't worry about it. Now, since you are obviously tired are you still okay to bury these bodies? I understand if you want to go back to the village after this."

>______

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33