Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.  (Read 93705 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.
« Reply #375 on: May 28, 2012, 09:32:42 am »

She will still be locked in the basement, but, hopefully, she will be too busy to notice.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #376 on: May 28, 2012, 10:01:13 am »

Just tell her its for her own protection because there is an attack on the town and humans might come in looking for enemies.

CuRiSeeechun

• Bay Watcher
  • Available in 1 size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 29, 2012, 03:20:47 am »

Just tell her its for her own protection because there is an attack on the town and humans might come in looking for enemies.

This guy.
This guy. He is smart. Just tell her about the other humans freaking out about the grouges, and that you wish to protect her.
+1

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 31, 2012, 05:44:07 pm »

So. Uh. What are we going to do after the big fight?
We should probably figure out if we're gonna skip town or not. Or do some work first. Etc.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 01, 2012, 02:04:18 am »

Sorry I havn't updated in the last few days. I've sort of been busy but it's mostly because I can't quite make up my mind on what is actually going to happen next since up to this point all of my little ideas for story things are all viable but this attack could rule out a few of them depending on how it goes. I may update later if I can decide but for now here is some bonus art which I drew when I probabley should have been working:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is it related to the story? Is it forshadowing a great evil??
Your guess is as good as mine (maybe even better).

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 01, 2012, 02:33:05 am »

Is it the cute fish monster that will be our team's mascot?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 01, 2012, 03:10:54 am »

Is it a monster powerful demon/unspeakable evil a brave warrior FOOLISH NECROMATIC WARRIOR unleashed came forth to oppose?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:35:25 am by Koliup »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 01, 2012, 08:42:34 am »

Is it a golem we made?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2012, 07:33:52 am »

Turn 39: Standoffs

Panel 1:
After confirming that you are infact allowed to take a shield you do so. You also replace Gain's Sword with one from the pile on his request. You take the opportunity to contact Edgar and give him some instructions while your pretend to fasten the buckles and straps on your shield for optimum confort and practicality.

Mayard(Mind): "Edgar?"
Edgar(Mind): "Yes?"
Mayard(Mind): "I need you and Shelby to come around above the town hall so you will be able to help out if the attack goes badly."
Edgar(Mind): "Sure thing, wait, what is the town hall and where is it?"

It occures to you that Edgar has never even left the shack.

Mayard(Mind): "Um, leave the shack, then go in the opposite direction of the door through the trees unti- Okay, let me try something."

You try to send Edgar a mental image of the path he must take.

Edgar(Mind): "Woa, that was intense."
Mayard(Mind): "Did you get that."
Edgar(Mind): "I think so. SO through the trees over the road through the fields then hide in the bushes overlooking the road?"
Mayard(Mind): "Yes. Don't get seen though."
Edgar(Mind): "Alright, we can do that."
Mayard(Mind): "And get Gurdy into the basment before you and Shelby leave. Put something heavy on the hatch so she can't get out."
Edgar(Mind): "Alright, Will that barrel o-"
Mayard(Mind): "Edgar?!"
Edgar(Mind): "Sorry man, I just sort of burnt some of that dry grass on the table."
Mayard(Mind): "Please don't play with fire in the shack, and the barrel will do. Tell her to clean the weapons or something and to not touch anything."
Edgar(Mind): "Okay, I'll tell Shelby and we'll be right over."

Alright, now you will be able to call the skeletons out for help if the fight goes bad. Hopefully if they are fighting the grouges the villagers won't try to destroy them.

Balcony Guard: "Davis is back with some villagers!"

Panel 2:

Some more people have arrived led by who you assume is Captain Davis, most of them are your family.

Panel 3:
Your father approaches you.

Father: "You're going to fight?"
Mayard: "Yes."
Father: "Alright then, remember to block. And if I die, pull out. Someone needs to take care of your brothers."
Mayard: "Alright. Don't die then, I don't want to have to take care of those brats."
Father: "Well i'll do my best not to let a grouge run me through."

You are then approached by Anne. Anne is the village's tailor. She's only a bit older then you but since her mother died last winter the positition has fallen to her since her mother was teaching her. Since you are around the same age a few people in the village expect you two to marry but to be honest she freaks you out. One of her eyes is blue while the other is brown and sometimes it seems like she knows things she shouldn't. On top of that whenever she talks it always sounds like she is thinking about something else and not paying much attention.

Anne: "Goodluck Mr Carter."
Father: "Thank you Anne."
Anne: "Goodluck Mayard, although with skills like yours I doubt you'll need it."

Anne goes inside before you can respond.

Father: "Eh, what was that boy, are you and h-"
Balcony Guard: "GROUGES ON THE ROAD!"

Panel 4:

Captain Davis: "Everyone form up! Guards and Yakane in front, everyone else behind. And don't die!"

Mayard(Mind): "Edgar, the grouges are here where are you?"
Edgar(Mind): "Nearly where you told us to go."

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:35:41 am by Evil Lincoln »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2012, 08:11:25 am »

FIGHT!  And then we'll see how things proceed. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2012, 10:07:26 am »

13 humans and 2 Yaks(and 2 skeles for 17) on our side, versus 15 grouges and one.. robot?
This looks like a fair fight except for the part where the grouges likely have x2 the combat expertise of one of these peasants. And we have two murder skeletons.
Also. Anne knows. We should tell her we know she knows, and thank her for not telling everyone.
We should try our best to keep ourselves and dad alive.
If it looks like it's getting even slightly dire. Engage murder skeleton mode.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2012, 10:39:08 am »

Have Edgar attempt to bombard them while hidden during the fight. If that doesn't work, bring them both out into the fray.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2012, 10:43:10 am »

Have Edgar attempt to bombard them while hidden during the fight. If that doesn't work, bring them both out into the fray.

I don't think one can stay hidden while blasting fire from one's hands. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2012, 10:47:42 am »

I meant firing from cover, say in the bushes, while firing almost straight up, and attempting to land the shots on the grouges. I was assuming the spell work like a typical fireball spell, does it work in some other fashion?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:17 am »

Nah. Have Edgar only only ONLY come out if it looks like the fight is going badly, but if he does come out he should come blazing and light the gruges up like the vengeance of heaven come to earth. Shock and Awe is a valid and effective tactic. If the gruges begin to win, Edgar better make them wish they'd never come here. And if Edgar seems to be okay, Shelby should charge in as well and begin dispatching gruges to whatever twisted netherworld they call the afterlife.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33