Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Carpenter's too lazy to work?  (Read 1869 times)

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Carpenter's too lazy to work?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 06:42:21 am »

In case there's any problem with the task, order 30 barrels from the manager that will make sure you don't miss the cancellation messages as the manager will always reissue canceled orders.

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 07:00:03 am »

I did, all that came out was a purple flash and the next thing I knew I was lying on the ground with a dead Dragon in my bed.

:O
Relevant to my interests. ^_^

Heh. Um. Try setting it to build 30 beds in the Manager thinger.
See if it spams canceled job entries or not.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 12:39:31 pm »

Look under the
  • rders menu. Are your dorfs set to ignore wood?
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

DerUbermensch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 07:17:57 pm »

I'm so dumb, he's been a Mechanic :P

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 07:52:41 pm »

Hey, same problem with my Carpenter.

I did everything listed so far in this Thread and double Checked Dwarf Therapist if Carpentry is the only Labour the Guy has. Heck i even got a Migrant wo was Carpenter too and still they dont work properly. Its something like this:

I order them to make barrels. First they do nothing, just sleeping, eating and hanging around in my meeting hall. After 10 Minutes or so they go to the Workshop and make about 1 or 2 tasks and then return to doing nothing. So in short, in 1 Hour reallife time my Dwarfs finish only about 10 Barrels, which doesnt suffice for my still to make Alcohol all the time.

Because im relatively new to DF and my english isnt perfect i may have missed something, so i tried a few things:

While i was setting up the first few Buildings i had a few messages like this: "insert Dwar Name here" has cancelled give Water, no empty Bucket. With a few random Dwarfs. I dont know what they try to do with that water, i have no wounded Dwarfs. And it only appears sometimes, had a period of an hour where it not appeared and afterwards it started again. I dont think that thats the Reason, because the Carpenter Dwarf never gave me that message.

I dont believe the Material is forbidden, because they used the wood a few Times allready. Deactivating every Labour Except Carpentry does nothing either.

Destryoing the Carpenters and rebuilding it at different places does nothing, tried it about 3 Times now.

Giving the Carpentry Labour to other different Dwarfs doesnt help too, they get as lazy as the 2 Carpenters.

Its really getting annoying because i need Barrels to make some Beer etc. And because of a lack of Water on the Map im playing my Dwarfs will die of Thirst if not provided with either the Alcohol or some Rain that fills my Water Pool again^^
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 03:40:31 am »

Yes! Urist McDorian makes a successful diagnosis
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Illanair

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as Nexie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 08:33:55 am »

So wait...it isn't Lupus? ???
I am going to copy the chicken entry and rename everything chocobo and make it 100x the size of a normal chicken and make it rideable.  Too bad our dwarves probably wont ride them. >_>
Pages: 1 2 [3]