Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Chances of 3 Forgotten Beasts?  (Read 2510 times)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chances of 3 Forgotten Beasts?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 10:00:17 am »

They don't bleed, they can't die from bleeding.

They don't exaust, they never fall to the ground from exaustion.

They never fall unconcious, even by cave ins, they just fall to the ground and get hurt (maybe).

They never feel tired.

THey don't feel pain, they never give in to pain.

And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 10:53:24 am »

Untrappable FBs and demons are dull!!!

Toady should make them trappable at least by the Giant Cave Spider trick to make the game more fun. Or by some other means and tricks.

Capturing dragons, titans and hydras was the most fun thing in the earlier DF, and the things you could do with them. There's nothing fun about giant monsters that have no weak points, imho, they're just things to avoid. Also, where's my Dungeon Master? I already have a king, It's in-game fortress year 10 and I've caught a couple of Ettins and Cyclops, but can't seem to tame them, which is VERY BORING! I don't want to mod or hack the game myself. Making things fun by default should be Toady's job.

Also, the game interface could use some work to make it more approachable, easier to newbies. Might get him more business. Include some table-like database or task manager for the dwarves that you can use.

But then again, I would ditch adventurer mode into it's own game entirely and leave fortress mode in it's own game.

... just my ideas.

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 11:07:05 am »

Capturing dragons, titans and hydras was the most fun thing in the earlier DF, and the things you could do with them. There's nothing fun about giant monsters that have no weak points, imho, they're just things to avoid. Also, where's my Dungeon Master? I already have a king, It's in-game fortress year 10 and I've caught a couple of Ettins and Cyclops, but can't seem to tame them, which is VERY BORING! I don't want to mod or hack the game myself. Making things fun by default should be Toady's job.
isn't the whole point of the raws put in by Toady is so people could make the game more fun themselves?

Also, the game interface could use some work to make it more approachable, easier to newbies. Might get him more business. Include some table-like database or task manager for the dwarves that you can use.
First of all, Toady has no business. did you pay anything at all to get this game? i think not.
They already have mods like Dwarf Therapist for things like managing your dwarves.

But then again, I would ditch adventurer mode into it's own game entirely and leave fortress mode in it's own game.
Then what is the point of having an empty fort just  in the middle of a random map?

... just my ideas.

mLegion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 12:26:13 pm »

Magma safe beasts tend to be referred to as fiery and non drownable tend to be called amphibious.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 01:16:17 pm »

In my current game I have a gigantic quadruped composed of flame boiling my underground lake. I ain't going nowhere near that thingy, partly beacause it's cool but mostly because it seems so much Fun.

I have another beastie there somewhere but I haven't seen it for a while...

I've got a quadreped flaming FB in my caverns as well. Next to the quadruped vomit-monster and the quadruped tube agata monster.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've got three more but they're animalistic and therefore will die when my military is ready and the underground arena/labyrinth is constructed.
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 02:51:59 pm »

2. The fortifications I built weren't designed to keep out flying FBs. I hadn't seen one before so I figured they were very rare. Guess what my first one was.

Yeah, Had the same with a fly FB. It liked to feed of living blood which was a fun extra randomness that worked ou,t but luckily it entered my fort and just waited in a little secluded corner somewhere on some forgotten downward stairway. That was the only easy kill I had. Other FBs tend to eat through the first line of dwarven infantry and then chase your civilians. >:(
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 06:18:31 pm »

But now, i have a question to ask, if you revisit your fort in adv mode, do FB's and the like remain sealed in the corridors that you could manage to wall them in?
Pages: 1 2 [3]