Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Most apt artifact titles  (Read 2927 times)

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most apt artifact titles
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2009, 06:13:54 am »

Well, not an engraving but the name of a siege in it-I had several sieges that were named "The Siege of Incineration" or some variant of it. They were mentioned in engravings of my dragons roasting stuff.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009, 06:52:11 am »

My first decent artifact weapon was "NatureFriends", a steel crossbow decorated with steel spikes and puppy bones. I got bored of the fort before I ever got around to using though :<
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2009, 07:16:43 am »

I got ThreadNecromancy.

What!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Masennus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2009, 10:49:43 am »

I have a silver spear named Whimsinch the Wonders of Scandal (ah those wonderful whimsical scandals!), a limestone crown named the Memory of Contingencies (sounds like a magical item that helps its wearer with tactical decisions, especially backup plans), the Curl of Cradling a green glass barrel (I'd keep my valuables safely cradled in it's curl), and Stillfierce the Yawning Dimension, a cave lobster shell amulet.

On the [amulet] is an image of a goblin and a dwarf in Nickel Silver. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. The dwarf is striking a menacing pose.

These are all in the same fort. However, their awesome is mitigated by the existence of the Lauded Cacti an iron floodgate, and Waddlelength the ashen scepter...
i mean, what kind of military gives people weapons straight off and tells them to go hit each other with them, with no proper training.
The same guys that think its a good idea to make magmafalls.

kenken244

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2009, 11:21:33 am »

I had an iron artifact axe named "Cloistertarget" The sad part is that even though I literally had over a thousand steel bars, he chose to make it out of iron. It's a pity, it would have gone so well with my artifact steel chainmail.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2009, 04:30:44 pm »

A steel spear named "The Naughtiness of Sprays". For some reason I'm sure this dwarf hadn't had any woman for too long...

that is the most wrong artifact name yet :P

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2009, 04:39:19 pm »

I had an egotistical bastard create an artifact that was his exact name. 

It was a tower-cap cup.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »

I have an oaken scepter named Tulon Willfence, it was made by Tulon Willfence and is engraved with a carving of a Dwarf and Tulon Willfence, the Dwarf is embracing Tulon Willfence.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2009, 08:02:49 pm »

A bed named Rushedlabors
It is made of cow leather, menaces with spikes of cow leather and is adorned with rings of cow leather.
Stitched onto it is an image of a dwarf and elves in cow leather. The elves are laboring.
Stitched onto it is an image of a tentacle demon and a kobold in cow leather. The tentacle demon is standing over the kobold.

I guess that Jewelcrafter loved Cow Leather.
And rape.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2009, 08:07:27 pm »

I have a mica coffin entitled "Bowelcrossed" and on it is an image of a dwarf in the fetal positon. I guess that onul Luslemsazir predicted that he would have to go as he died :P

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2009, 08:27:30 pm »

The Disembowelment of Distinguishing.

A perfect tsavorite with bands of tsavorite.

In the same fort, I had a dwarf making a perfect tsavorite named "Tiredbreath the Static Spirit", encrusted with tsavorite. He became a legendary gem setter. Two artifacts later, another dwarf made The Disembowelment of Distinguishing, and became a legendary gem cutter. I guess the latter dorf was jealous of his apartment he had for free.

I have sand and magma. All traders go home ecstatic.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Chicostick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2009, 08:34:33 pm »

I have a few in this fort that aren't to bad.

One is Declineurged the Hammers of Rampage, a Billon spear. I'm not sure what the declineurged part is about, but hammers of rampage sounds pretty sweet.

My most recent artifact was made by a child that had a mangled leg. Watching him repeatedly go unconcious as he gathered materials was kind of pathetic, but it was worth it when I got the artifact:

The Keeper of Mystery, a Magnetite mug.

Omnibus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2009, 05:58:08 am »

One of my dwarves created a magnetite throne called "Sweetnessreins".

Reins, reigns--I figure he couldn't spell.  And maybe he was an '85 Bears fan.

Sweet or not, it menaces with spikes of magnetite, and my mayor has it in his office.

AshrothTheBrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2009, 06:59:48 am »

Smiledknighted the National Fortunes in an old fort of mine. It was silver something or other and the most expensive artifact up to that point.

Mostodertal, The Shameful Luxury. A oaken amulet. Worth a whopping 28,800.

Semorzaled Sigun Kiron, Unitednoiseless the Tours of Holiness, a native gold grate. Had an image about a dwarf starving to death.

Idekzágod, Braingripped, a Diorite bed. Has hanging rings of iron and bands of Diorite and Granite. Menaces with spikes of turtle shell. Now I just need a mad scientist dwarf.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:17:09 am by AshrothTheBrave »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2009, 07:41:54 am »

Wow, this is the Zombiest thread ever. It is reborn 2 times over a 2 year-span. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]