Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 31454 times)

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Paralympics, but more Special
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2018, 10:26:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bobross chuckles politely at the alliteration, and Judas seems pleased. Tablerace meanwhile stands stock still, listening intently to all that's going on while maintaining his intimidating presence. Bobross decides to get some information. "What are those places you mentioned?" Scav nudges him in the side and quickly adds ”And what’s the closest way to civilization?” Judas is clearly finding the situation quite entertaining, but his men haven't relaxed. He smiles in disbelief as he answers. "Now how does someone (a whole group of someones, rather) find themselves in these parts without knowing about Almen and Muss? If it's civilisation you're looking for, you won't be finding it anywhere else without a boat. Almen's a mining town back that way" -- he gestures vaguely behind him -- "and Muss is where I'm headed now. Nice place; smaller, but lots of food and good people. And always in need of goods from Almen. I reckon we're a little closer to Muss right now, but not by much."

As Judas talks, the cross-faced man begins poking his fingers into the small holes in his chest, holding them there for a bit, then trying a different hole and looking surprised when the initial one begins bleeding. [DEX: 5+1, Crit 5] Eventually he manages to get each finger of each hand into a different hole, somehow stopping the bleeding; as long as he keeps his hands there at least. ((This is what happens when you roll poorly on intelligence))

The caravan's guards take notice and seem quite perturbed. "What's gotten at you boys?" Judas asks, eying up the various injuries of the group. Corvald raises the mask he took from the dead tribal and points at it. "Who has?" Judas maintains a straight face, but he clearly is no longer finding the situation amusing. "Well that simply is not good. The boys over in Muss must be in greater need than I thought. You lads are lucky to still have the skin on your bones." He turns to the young man behind him "Will! Get back to the cart,
and make ready to get going again. Robert! Make sure everyone keeps their eyes open."

While Judas bellows commands at the caravan, Steeve pipes up, asking "Do you perhaps have a map that would help with explanations? We would be very grateful"
Judas pauses and glares exasperatedly at him. "Son, the road is a straight line between Almen and Muss." He points the way you came "that way lies the Innsee" he then points the other way "and that way gets you against the wall." He thinks for a second "We'll call it a favour if you want my protection on the way to Muss, or you can strike out to Almen, but I heartily recommend against going anywhere else if you value your hides."

Judas barks some more orders, and the caravan begins to move.

Where will the party head?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:50:54 am by Skullsploder »
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2018, 10:34:54 am »

Steeve:

How about we work as your guards until we get to Muss and then you repay us with a hearty meal. And by the way, do you know who the mayor is?

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2018, 01:06:42 pm »

Scav:
Eye Steeve. before saying to Judas: "As guards or as guests, I don' much mind, but would be glad for the safety in numbers." , before turning to Hank, tearing off some of the cleanest looking rags from my coat and approaching him. Say: "Ye' ain't gonna keep 'em closed long like that. Let me bandage 'em. Bandage his wounds as best I can if he replies in the affirmative. If in the negative hand him the rags to bandage himself.

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2018, 02:32:33 am »

Bobross:

A hearty meal would be nice...

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2018, 09:54:01 am »

Corvald
What are you selling anyway?

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2018, 12:32:22 pm »

*Try and isolate how many of them there are and how heavily armoured by clinking of equipment.*

"Muss is order. Almen is opportunity."
Tablerace 0
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]