Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: You are a "DiTS"! (AND SO WE RESUME)  (Read 16640 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "DiTS"! (AND SO WE RESUME)
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2015, 06:43:37 pm »

Create two of them.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2015, 06:59:38 pm »

Attempt to program a simple AI to moves on a 2d plane toward randomly spawning white circles, make it represented by a hexagon. Have it collect over time all the circles.
Crack-a-lack-a

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 09, 2015, 11:53:57 am »

((Oooh, I thought you said there was a problem.  I don't care if they don't understand what it is they're doing, as long as the basic animal urge to continue the species is there.  I don't care if they comprehend it on a cognitive level- they haven't been elevated yet.  Speaking of...))

Voaster

It is time.  Since I spent all last turn letting the various species reproduce and thrive, and observing how each combination went *cough*, I now know which one is doing the best.  That one will be elevated.

Take that species and develop a more complete intelligent brain for it.  Have all the young of that species born starting now come with the more intelligent brain.  Let its personality naturally develop from its physical traits and see how that goes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 09, 2015, 09:54:46 pm »

Create a non-photosynthetic cell which is parasitic

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 09, 2015, 11:31:46 pm »

I plan on continuing posting at some point. This post may or may not be edited later with my action.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 16, 2015, 08:38:05 pm »

Let's expand that puddle a bit. Expand my puddle a bit. As in, let's cover the planet with it to a depth of two feet. assume direct control of the small pointy thing and practice direct physical interactions, for funsies. create two additional small pointy thingies and animate them. develop a sort of meta program to cause them to battle one another until one achieves four hits upon the other. run the program on the two new thingies.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 16, 2015, 09:32:56 pm »

I apologize, but this is going on hiatus while I try to deal with school and my other personal projects.
Updating this did, after all, take an hour away from my time after I got home.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]