Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: You are a "DiTS"! (AND SO WE RESUME)  (Read 16643 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "DiTS"! (AND SO WE RESUME)
« Reply #315 on: January 06, 2015, 12:05:05 am »

Voaster

Time to kick this into high gear.

Let's evolve now and make a more stable base.  Circulatory, digestive, respiratory systems; let's make some higher-grade life.  Add sexual dimorphism too for that sweet genetic spread.  Keep it in the water for now.  Maybe several varieties of fish, and something to eat them, and stuff for them to eat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 06, 2015, 05:06:18 pm »

Attempt to create a basic bare bones cell keep trying till bed of turn

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 06, 2015, 07:00:09 pm »

Distrest:
Code: [Select]
You name it the bitaur.

The problem with this is that if they reproduce by budding, as you have said they do, their young would be clones of themselves.
If you create two separate-but-similar versions of the animal to allow for both varieties of eye to exist, they would be classified as separate species.
Speaking of, where would the buds start up?

Voz Varcanus:
In the vast expanses of material, you decide to make more material.
Fission and fusion are just subskills of ATOMCRAFT.

You crash into existence some suns before the nebulae have any chance to, although they're definitely doing their thing.
You then slam together a little ball of metals and gasses, rocky and heavy on the CO2.

Molecules are far simpler to make than you seem to think- all you have to do is create a bunch of atoms in a certain arrangement and proximity to each other and it stays together.
So goes the water.

Vergu:
You have not been told what chess is.
Hvlophex:
You create some functional lung-like organs out of plant matter that transform CO2 into oxygen and carbon.
You also create a pair that does the opposite.
At this rate, you could have a full-on plant-person.

Cells are simple enough to make without specification, but proper multicellular animals/plants/other are not.

You understand now that brains are massive, intricate processing plants for all sorts of chemicals.
Needless to say, when you create a rudimentary brain out of some spongy plant matter, it doesn't do jack shit.

Voaster:
You create a variety of carbon-based pseudofish with:
- a simple, inefficient tube for a digestive system
- a circulatory system with no blood (refer to a previous entry for blood ideas)
- a skin-absorption respiratory system, with some bland collection of muscle matter for its skin since neither skin nor respirator systems were specified
- no specified means to actually reproduce
- no specified diet
- thrash-based locomotion

Yeah, it's a lump of flesh masquerading as something feasible.
It would die fast if applied.

Visugee:
You slam together a cell that, although at some point alive, dies.
Random Event: [2] Vexor:
The stem cells do something!
They turn into some writhing little multicellular thing.

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 06, 2015, 07:06:00 pm »

"Hmm. Ok I got this."

Change them to sexual reproduction, Where they Rub patches of Skin on their shoulders to share DNA, Then When DNA is shared, Buds grow from those same spots.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 06, 2015, 11:36:05 pm »

okay, cool, so I have some suns and some planets, and molecules are coming together. uh ... what's next? Organic compounds? Let's do that. Seed the watered planets with organic compounds. Side project, create an articulating construct composed of lead rods with ball and socket joints. It will have a spherical base, and eight protrusions, each made of three rods jointed in sequence. four of the extensions will be tipped sharp, and four blunt.  The protrusions will be arranged like two intersecting tetrahedrons (so you have one extension pointed down, three at angles downward, three at angles upward, and one at top. The rods are each twice the length of the base, so they can wrap around the base completely.make this first one small - nano, even.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2015, 12:07:10 am »

Create more cells. And try to give them the ability to photosnthize energy from the light coming from the big neon light in the sky I am now pronouncing the neonsphere of lifebringing

O

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 07, 2015, 01:44:47 am »

Watch me wind up making plant-people out of my incompetence with animals.
Ok, try forming just the base concept of a brain. Just some cells that can transfer impulses at first, and grow to store information.
Try applying this junk to the Bumbleweeds.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 07, 2015, 10:15:08 am »

((Two things.
PTW, and I really love the idea of the Charm-Strange Spectrum, I like just thinking over the basis of how it actually works.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 07, 2015, 11:46:56 am »

Voaster

((My IRL creative energies are tapped right now, so things may be a bit half-assed for a bit.))

Well, the theoretical practice was good.  Let's specify a bit.

Digestive systems:
 -One that filters nutrients from the water, targeting the smallest life and the bits of "chum"
 -One that is specialized to eat the plant matter
 -One that is specialized to eat other living things
 -One that eats both of the above
 -One that is specialized to eat waste

Respiration systems
 -One that uses a filter apparatus to get oxygen from the water (the plants should have made enough by now; if not, brute force it)
 -One that has to surface to get the oxygen, and has air-sacs in the torso

Skin systems
 -One that has a membranous collection of cells, not unlike the Boxhead
 -One that has a specialized cell for skin, that protects anything inside (not unlike expected skin)
 -One that uses jointed plates to protect the inside

Circulatory systems
 -One that uses a centralized pump hooked to the rest of the body (especially the respiratory and digestive systems) that sends nutrients around to every cell via a cell medium
 -One that utilizes more direct connections between organs, and lets the organs handle the nutrient distribution

Reproductive systems (Unless otherwise specified, there's two "genders" in all of these
 -One where the two genders mate and the male provides DNA to the female, who gestates the young internally.  The mother cares for the young until they can do so themselves
 -One where the above happens, except the female lays eggs where the young develop and mature on their own
 -One where both genders spray their DNA material into the water, and the successful couplings develop in the water

Locomotion systems
 -One with water-adapted fins that allow it to glide through the water, propelled and steered by motion of the fins
 -One with a long body and no limbs that indeed "thrashes", but it is specialized for doing so
 -One with many tentacles that can be used for both locomotion and feeding
 -One with two grasping upper limbs and a lower tail
 -One with four grasping upper limbs and a lower tail, that is bifurcated into two tails (one above the other, not two side-by-side, so they're parallel instead of on the same plane)

A one-size fits all excretion system that filters the circulatory system for unwanted waste and pushes it out a hole in the back.  (Or for the direct-feed-organ guys, a second "out" tube; each organ filters for itself)

Tall order here, so if this is two turns, no problem.

Pick one of each system and analyze it as a cohesive whole(the example below works): are there any major problems or things that are lacked?  If not, proceed:

Finally; mix and match!  Make every combination.  Seed them throughout the world and see which ones prosper.  Go ahead and chum liberally (but not too densely; they have to learn to feed on their own).  900 types of sea life should be a good start.  No, I'm not making 900 names for now; they can be numbered for now.  Example:  A plant eater that surfaces for oxygen, with jointed plates, has a blood-based circulatory system, cares for the young, and has a long "thrash" body would be 223112.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 07, 2015, 07:12:52 pm »

Distrest:
You modify their shoulders to let them reproduce with any member of their own kind via prolonged, abrasive contact.
This way, the species may have two different varieties of eye.

Are you ready to create a functional bitaur?
You will need two of them.

Voz Varcanus:
You form a bunch of carbon-based compounds together and toss them into the puddle on the one planet you made.

You also make a ridiculously tiny, dangerously pointy thing.

Visugee:
After naming your sun, you make more cells that use the nutrients in the water and sunlight to thrive.
Hvlophex:
You modify the nonfunctional brain to process a few chemicals and electrical impulses.
It can also somewhat catalog its experiences.
That is, when it may be able to experience things.

As to the bumbleweeds, you have very little clue how to relate this complex organ stuff to a free-floating vine-balloon; they seem to be doing fine without it.

Voaster:
You lob a hell of a lot of fish upon which you have decided on several various traits to test into the ocean and chum the waters more with nutrients and such.
You also seem to have falsely determined that fish are able to grasp the concept of gender; the sexes you determine they need, they've got understood just fine, but gender's beyond their tiny minds.

Random Event: [6] Hvlophex:
You direct your attention now upon the hurricane.
It seems to be getting wilder and water in it seems to be turning into steam.
The Ast C+1 still in the hurricane is beginning to evaporate it.

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
My tumblr.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 07, 2015, 09:22:00 pm »

Tinker with the cells in an attempt to improve efficiency within the cells

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 08, 2015, 12:30:59 pm »

((Is this a problem of undefined gender or they simply can't tell one another apart?))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 08, 2015, 01:55:03 pm »

Well then.
Create an organ that can contract and relax itself to move. A muscle. Try layering these onto some random vines, and attaching brains to them that are hooked up to be able to control them in a manner that's better than "totally random".
They should probably have some means to sense their surroundings, too...
Create organs that have a sense of touch. A nerve. Then stick all through the plant-thing.

Do this addition of muscles and nerves to the Bumbleweeds. I'll figure out why later.

Create a Strange-Charm atom that consists of 6 venusion, 4 exertion, and 9 muons.
See what it does.
Don't make it near the planet.

It should form some kind of phasial conduit, unless I'm not remembering things right.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 08, 2015, 06:41:02 pm »

Shit, only three to respond to.
Any PTWers want to join?

I've noticed that Viridian, Vexor, and Vulex haven't been posting.

Visugee:
They're now spreading pretty fast.
Voaster:
((It's a matter of mixed-up terminology. Gender's the strange mental thing and sex is the physical thing. Thus, fish with next to no brain can not begin to grasp the concept of gender. They know how to breed and distinguish between the two sexes they are capable of producing (as well as those born with what might be considered defects), but beyond that, they're glubbing idiots.))

Hvlophex:
You give a bumbleweed a brain and muscles which it can now flail about to move.
You give it a brain to control its decisions and nerves to convey these objectives.
Sense of touch is a complex thing- there're different sensitivities.
Heat detection, pressure detection, damage detection, chemical detection, and so on and so forth.

You can not seem to be able to do it from the raw venusitrons and extertrons.
There must be some ridiculously counter-intuitive and cicuitous way to create an impure element.
Have you tried splitting a larger atom?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:43:42 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 08, 2015, 06:41:23 pm »

Crap, gimme a sec to do the random event.

[10] Varan:
Some of the element clusters gravitate towards eachother and slam together, causing them to mingle and form a hunk of metallic debris.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:43:18 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23