Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Transcendence: Inspired by StarControl2 and Nethack  (Read 15106 times)

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Transcendence: Inspired by StarControl2 and Nethack
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2011, 04:47:06 pm »

Beta versions are not released on the main website. You can find them on the announcements sub forum.

And this for extra aesthetics:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=760

I'm quite sure this mod is not compatible with anything later than 1.03, since it overwrites entire stations, not just the images.

It does, I'm using it atm.  ;)

I didn't say that it won't run. I said that it probably isn't compatible.

1.05 added respawning ammo at certain stations. BM stations, commonwealth fortresses, and some of the dealer stations are a few in particular that I know SiaFu's mod overwrites. And 1.06 changed large portions of the economy code, and broke several station mods.

All I'm saying is that the stations in SFSpaceStations are not the same as the stations in the latest version, and some degree of unexpected behavior might result, and it will only get worse as more versions are released.

If you're fine with that, good for you. I'm just putting this information out here for the benefit of anyone else reading this.

Really, the only thing SiaFu's mod modified from the 1.03 stations was the image tags, so if you download the 1.06 source, you can just paste the new stations into the mod. He has complete instructions for this in the XML.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2012, 07:07:40 pm »

Noticed recently this that happened 2 months ago :
http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4893

Transcendence is now open source, this should very likely help modders and coders that want to put their hands on a very nice engine, and possibly even build standalone games from it, as long as it's non commercial from what i read.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2012, 08:02:23 am »

Version 1.1 is out.

Not a lot of actual new content, but
The game display now adapts itself to different screen resolutions, from 1024×600 netbooks to 1600×1080 multimedia desktops.
will get me playing again.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2012, 06:35:52 pm »

Been awhile since I last played this game. Last I remember, I was balsting pirates and drones away with omni-directional, and mining lasers.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]