Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Empire Earth: Of Cavemen and Spaceships  (Read 8609 times)

zgamer699

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Earth: Of Cavemen and Spaceships
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 07:13:59 pm »

i tried running it in compatibility mode, i have for EE and EE age of conquest, but i think i have the original version, the readme says 1.0  ive heard tale of a patch, but i dont think ive found it.  if you've got some wisdom for me im all ears.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:08 pm »

The AI is the #1 reason I dont play. You have to abuse the hell out of it to win; it just cheats, pure and simple. Giant towns spring to life out of nowhere, neverending supplies of units even with no resources, etc. Its just stupid.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:38 pm »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 07:31:28 pm »

The AI is the #1 reason I dont play. You have to abuse the hell out of it to win; it just cheats, pure and simple. Giant towns spring to life out of nowhere, neverending supplies of units even with no resources, etc. Its just stupid.

Just macro. It took me, what, two or three days getting used to the game (playing about two games a day) and now I can't lose against a medium AI. The worst situation I had was a base trade and even then all I had to do was pull half my army back.

I mean, you're totally right, it does cheat heavily. But it's also bad - and not in the sense that it's stupid, it just plays badly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]