Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: This game blows my mind...  (Read 4325 times)

Sincartier

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: This game blows my mind...
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 07:25:33 am »

Just met my first Forgotten Beast, it came from the caves and soon made its way to my stairs as my guys were putting up the last block of fortification.  I try to mobilize my squad when I realise that somehow it got erased since last save and some of my guys, despite being alive, cannot be picked to get back into the squad, very odd.

So I draft a whole new group of people, a couple with skills they already brought with them.  A particularly unhappy dwarf who just got the news about the draft barely got time to get suited up before she went downstairs before the rest of the squad was ready to join her.  The beast had luckily not made it's way up the stairs, having deciding on chasing a kid down the caves.  When it became disinterested in the kid, it turned over to my new recruit, fuming with rage at the beast who had disturbed her daily routine of constantly hoping to finally be asked to milk something.

Os, the Forgotten Beast didn't seem to stand a chance, for the poor quadruped... ahem... made of snow... got the shit punched out of it like a snowman getting ravaged by a bully.  She simply punched two of its feet off followed by a complete leg, single-handedly slicing the upper body off its torso.

The rest of the squad then showed up wondering why she was standing in puddle of slush and what the hell this whole alarm was about.  That night, she would tell tales of her grand battle against Os, the Forgotten Snow Beast, but her comrades would only politely nod and joke about it with her, not believing an ounce of it as she had nothing to show for it at all.

Yeah... so no loot on that beast :(

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 07:29:16 am »

I only got into DF about two months ago. I've played nothing else in the mean time. It has eaten my life.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 01:08:39 pm »

I don't know what it is, the FB are SUPPOSED to be random, but it sure seems like the first few are always made of snow or water or somethign silly.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 06:17:48 pm »

Mine was a terrible hell tortoise of some kind. Died before I actually found it, but I don't remember how to check combat logs or how things died.
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.
Pages: 1 2 [3]