Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: this noobs fortress, my pictures and questions  (Read 2726 times)

sogeking99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: this noobs fortress, my pictures and questions
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 01:42:37 pm »

he is a clothier. so i will make a clothier workshop.

yeah i do have a food storage area, guess placement could be better

TheJackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 02:31:26 pm »

What's the fey dwarf's highest skill? Usually that's the workshop type he'll want. If it's not the highest, then the highest with a specific workshop type. Otherwise, it's either a mason or craftsdwarf workshop.

Important note! If you don't have the Workshop your Fey Dwarf needs, you'll have to build it. How would you know which kind of shop?
Look at the Fey Dwarf's Skills. He'll need a shop matching his skills, naturally.
Lets say you have a Mason shop and a Craftsdwarf workshop, great! However, he's not claiming them. So look at his skills; Uh-oh, the Fey Dwarf has Clothes-Making as a skill, and you've no Clothesmaker Workshop!

Queuing one to build then is your priority, but remember. Moody dwarfs will not build a workshop, so you need to enable the labor on another dwarf. So for our example, Urist McMoody needs a Clothesmaker Workshop, but because he's moody he won't build it. Instead we take Urist McNotdoinganything and enable Clothesmaking on him - he builds the workshop, and then we disable Clothesmaking. Urist McMoody claims the shop, yada yada.

Insert whatever skill or labor is needed.

sogeking99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 04:11:21 pm »

thanks i make a clothier workshop, now he is demanding cut gems and silk cloth, not make any of them but i guess i need a jewellery and a loom.

this game is addictive...so addictive i almost cant wait to see the next disaster that will lead to the downfall of sediliburk.

TheJackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 04:26:53 pm »

Oh man, thats not good. The cut gems are easy enough - if you have found any gems yet! The cloth is harder, much harder to get. I would advise buying it from a caravan. You don't need the whole bin if you can't afford it, but I always keep plenty of cloth on hand as a hedge against weird moods.

sogeking99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 05:25:55 pm »

ok there is an elven caravan here now, how do i start a trade and ask for silk? i have a trade depot.

i dont know how do manage my military equipment.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 06:23:09 pm by sogeking99 »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2010, 12:20:44 am »

press {q}, just like activating a workshop, and go over to the trade depot. From there, you need to move {g}oods to the depot before you can {t}rade. Also, you need to assign a Broker in the {n}obles screen.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 01:18:26 am »

Also make sure you don't try to trade anything inside wood bins/buckets/barrels/cages.  Elves don't like it when you try to hand them wood.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

TheJackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 08:50:09 am »

Heh - you'll also want to assign a new noble. A Broker.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Trade

Quote from: The Wiki
If the broker has the Appraisal skill, they will allow you to see the count of your fortresses Wealth in the Status screen (z). The exactness with which this can seen is determined by the duties of the Bookkeeper.

At the Depot, you can specify that only the broker may Trade with visiting caravans. The advantage of this is that the broker gains skill in appraisal as he trades, which both allows the display of fortress wealth and helps with getting the best deals in your trading efforts.

As a note, elves won't accept a wooden item, or things with a wooden component like some kinds of glass. If you have a bunch of wooden bins full of things, you can certainly take them down to the depot. You'll just need to trade the items *out* of the bin separately. A caravan just arrived, so I'll provide a screenshot to help you in a few minutes.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:03:34 am by TheJackal »

sogeking99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 09:09:52 am »

thanks but im afraid...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2010, 01:58:47 pm »

That's okay, it's part of the Fun.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]