Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Hey, FOX is making a new movie! Wait, what?  (Read 9270 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, FOX is making a new movie! Wait, what?
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2009, 05:54:06 pm »

Oh, let me rephrase. You can't go against the source material. When people you have a movie based on an IP, you need to exploit that IP for all its worth. When people watch a Spore movie, they want to experience Spore. Not some cutesy child movie.

So the gameplay will have to have relevance to what the movie is going to be, so as to take advatange fully the Spore IP. Otherwise, it would be a waste of the company's money, who could have just invented their own happy alien IP instead.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2009, 05:58:38 pm »

What?
I'm kinda confused too.

I think he doesn't realize that the last part of Spore is about your creature flying around exploring space and that the entire game is hyped as being kiddie and cutesy and so is saying that having the movie be about a cutesy creature flying around exploring space would be the same as having the Harry Potter movies be about a space cow boy even though the books are about wizards and witches in modern England..  In other words, he believes that making a movie that's similar to what it's source material was popular for is somehow the same as making a movie that is nothing like what it's source material was popular for... :-\

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:02:00 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2009, 06:02:59 pm »

No... it's going to be a movie about cutesy creatures doing... whatever. Not raining unspeakable fiery genocide on planets full of cutesy creatures, or dick monsters. It's going to be a cutesy movie about a cutesy game. Remember, this is fox... that is my license for everything that is inherently wrong with the above statement.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2009, 06:32:55 pm »

I still don't see Spore as "cutesy" (you do horrible stuff within that UFO, and you do it all for your species) but I understand your point, Ioric. Okay.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:34:34 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2009, 07:11:41 pm »

Who made the FarCry movie again?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]