Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile  (Read 8533 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2016, 04:13:47 am »

"Aside from a lingering pain in my left shoulder from headbutting a foreign God presence, while embodying the divine spirit of the Boar, not really." Tyra said lightly, aiming for levity.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2016, 04:37:58 pm »

The Khan is unpersuaded by Tyra's affectation. He remains solemn as he continues.

"Then here are the issues most pressing: firstly, the game and forage here is depleted, and we must move. Everyone here knows as much, but mobilizing a clan of this size... A momentous undertaking. We must decide where to march and how." Several Khanmen scurry around the yurt, placing tokens and maps on the table. "To the north, mountains. The Fleetfoots warn of a cold climate, but defensible passage. To the south, wild shrub-lands. Here, the scouts say, there is much variety in flora and fauna, both benign and extreme. The terrain seems amiable, so long as our magics and gods keep us safe from the unknown. To the east, a vast sea of grass similar to our lost home-- but more bountiful. However, there lies the domain of the cityfolk. Of course, it would be preferable to guarantee safe passage before turning the wheel once again... but we have too many clanfolk and too little time to tary. So, simply put, the decision must be made: shall we prepare for the mountains, the wilds, or the grass sea? We can change our decision later, but the coming time of preparation will have been spent in vain-- perhaps to our detriment.

"As for the second issue..." The khan, however young, affects a grim aura befit of a man twice his size as he continues, "We have a fractured clan still, and we must make a show of the rings unity under me. Moreau, Master of Mystics has gained quite the influence over the hearts and minds of the clanfolk since the return of the gods... a respect and admiration trumping my own. This cannot stand." He speaks as if the Master was not present, his eyes locked on some distant point beyond the ring. "What will my ring do to correct this?"
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2016, 04:56:07 pm »

"I believe that the clans are in need of bountiful lands, more than needing to defend themselves. Still, it would be unwise to provoke these city dwellers. We should prepare to march to the wilds.

As for the Master of Mystics, it would be best if he were to simply remind the clansfolk of our chosen leader. Being well-respected is not a bad thing."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2016, 05:02:45 pm »

"As the master of trade, I want to say to the sea of grass, to open trade potential.

As a caring human being, I'd say the wilds, to survive.

And as an optimist, I would say the mountain, to maybe have a chance of an even better ending to our great journey.

So... the wilds or the mountain path.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2016, 05:27:19 pm »

Are these not the most tumultuous times our people have ever been though? Of course our people turned to the gods. That happened without my or anyone else's efforts. Their respect will shift to you as you lead them to their new home and as these divine events fade into the past.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2016, 05:37:05 pm »

"Men are easier to overcome than starvation.  The grasslands will allow our herds and people to flourish, and the city dwellers can be dealt with by any means necessary.

Do not fear challenges to your rule, my Khan.  Adversity is the key to strength; do not turn on your advisor over perceived threats.  Allow yourself to be ruled by fear, and your reign will never know peace or security.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2016, 07:05:42 pm »

"As the Master of Scouts I recommend moving to the Grass Sea, it is the most prosperous region in this new land. The City Folks will stay in their city as long as we don't interfere with them."

"He deserves the praise, the Gods have returned to us because of him. It would also be a bad time to get the clans riled up before we move."

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2016, 08:32:00 pm »

The grass sea is most tempting if we can keep the city dwellers on good terms we can trade as well as live our traditional life

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2016, 02:56:18 am »

"The mountains will be difficult for this many but not impossible for this many people. South is a better bet and while there might be good game one the plains, we would come into conflict those people eventually I feel."

"As for the other issue, I feel it simply solved by having the master speak of your strong leadership in this time of need."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2016, 09:58:57 am »

"Indeed, they make their cities there for a reason, do they not? The Grass Sea is clearly a fine place to inhabit. "
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2016, 11:05:11 am »

The Greater Khan shifts in his seat, his face twisted with distaste. “The severity of the situation… Very well.” He shakes the anger from his voice before continuing. “If my ring believes this… shift in respect to the Master of Mystics is acceptable, I will concede. As for the primary issue, our destination, the majority of you agree that the grass sea is the best for the clan. And so the clan will prepare to march to the east. Let us ensure the negotiations with the foreigners fall to our favour.

“This concludes our meeting. May the five and five’s wills align with our own!”

The Gods Watch...
Now is time for you to initiate public actions of your own machinations, whether it be with NPC groups, individual conversations, or general management of your duties. I may throw out some interaction for specific members... Bevy events are resolved during this time behind the scenes.

The following days would strain the nerves of the clanfolk. They waited for word from the Master of Scouts' chosen bevy, praying for good news. The gods may well have returned, but it seems their influence remained lax. The bevy returned, thankfully, but with a final counter-offer. The foreigners would meet, but only on 'neutral ground'-- a secluded valley midway between the city and the camped clan. Surely better than meeting them in their own city... but still dangerous. Regardless, the Khan remained staunch to his role as leader of negotiations. He would revise his initial choices: Varin, Ara, and Nix would all be chosen as his bevy for the mission. Tyra's request to stay would be honoured.

The clan grounds buzzed with activity. Men, women, and children packing their goods, preparing for the long waited return to the nomadic lifestyle they were so accustomed to. Even in the face of great uncertainty and danger, morale was high... all the greater the potential for devastation. But the burden of their future welfare lie on the shoulders of a select few.

The Greater Khan prepared for the journey in secret, as was his proclivity. He sent instructions to his chosen bevy: Choose two of their own bevy to act as personal advisers or guards. Nix had the responsibility of choosing the density and composition of their vanguard; up to 20 warriors and up to 50 clansmen were available. But should they show a great force or a token one? Varin and Ara would have no choice so direct, but they would be crucial in the upcoming negotiations. The other ring members were left to tend to the camp in any way they saw fit.

The mission to the valley would begin soon... but until then, the gods watch.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2016, 05:33:20 pm »

Nix had much to do.  Going among the warriors, he selected the strongest 20 that he could find.  They would be the front of the vanguard, the hammer wielded by the khan to show he was not helpless away from his people.  The rest of the vanguard...Nix gave it much thought.  The rest of the guard must be quick, mobile, capable of killing men without having to engaged in pitched battle.  Hunters were the solution.  50 of the fleetest, most cunning hunters, all armed with bow and arrow.

For his personal bevy, Nix took Trowlka and Croh.  Trowlka had always been keen of eye, if anybody could spot a trap or deception amongst Nix's personal thanes, it would be him.  And Croh was solid like a wall.  Not as overtly aggressive as the others, his steadfastness was exceptional indeed, and if anyone would sacrifice life and limb to defend the khan, Croh would be of greatest use.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2016, 05:41:29 pm »

Layleth had her own concerns to address. First, she sends a messenger to the Master of Trade, to request a meeting. She then visits the clansfolk, particularly her own Wanderers, to discern their thoughts and opinions at the moment. She also instructs her bevy to do the same when they are not otherwise occupied. While she visits, she attempts to subtly encourage working together, mingling with the other clans rather than sticking together in close-knit, homogeneous cliques.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]