Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile  (Read 8535 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
[IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:08:08 pm »

Three days have passed since the landing. For some, the weeping has not ended. Others seem to travel from place to place without purpose, as though their spirits have abandoned their bodies. Still more fight and argue over what should be done next. Worst of all, many curse the gods for this tragedy.

The Wanderers and Trutherseekers curse the Battleborn for dragging them to what they believe is their just punishment. The Battleborn spit back, blaming the others for being too weak to fight the damned Empire. The three clans, within and without, are decaying of strife and hatred...

But a select few have assembled, those with greater vision, strength, determination... those who wish to preserve this clan. The new Clan Ring, forged of necessity from the remains of the shattered rings of all three clans. Milo Kaliss, the only surviving Khan... or the only one with a connection. He was the untrained heir to the Truthseeker's Clan. But since all three Khans, and their heirs, died on the long voyage to this foreign land, he is the only one with any scrap of legitimacy. It is agreed, begrudgingly by some, that he must be the Khan. If only to restore some normalcy, some sanity to the survivors. He is weak, but his Lesser Khan, Dula Goldcarp, has shown much inner strength. Hopefully, she can use her experience to forge Milo into a respectable leader.

And the others: Masters of their trades. They would need to use all resources at their disposal to calm the instability and return their new Great Clan to strength.

The Ring Assembles...

LESSER KHAN, Dula Goldcarp: "It goes without saying that we are in dire straits... And so there will be no ring forging ceremony. We need to act immediately, reign in those who would bring further chaos to our clan, and give hope to those who have lost their ways. Those of you who wish to represent your aspects must wait. First, we must decide on how to handle three looming disasters.

"One: The stars above, as you might have observed, are different than those which we are accustomed. This has hampered the powers of both our god-talkers and our magicians. While they are hard at work interpreting these new and unfamiliar constellations, they ask the ring to donate a large sum of wealth to speed the process along. Specifically, they wish to sacrifice a large portion of the weapons our benefactors left us with, to show the gods that we still rely on them above our own power at arms.

"Two: We have remained immobile for three days, and without strong magic to supplicate our food supplies, our hunters and gatherers struggle to feed the massive clan. The fruits, nuts, and game of this area are unfamiliar, so they take particular care so as not to endanger anyone. We can begin our journey now, but many are injured or unwilling to leave. So we can either force the clan to pack up or order the hunters and gatherers to be less cautious.

"Three: Our foxes have shown an intolerance to this new land that perplexes their handlers. They grow lethargic, refuse to eat or hunt. They are slowly dying. As our sacred animal companions, this has alarmed a great many clanfolk. The godi of Cauda have asked a fair portion of any sort of wealth we care to spare to divine the cause of this curse. I suggest 250 cattle, though that would damage their population for quite a time. The godi admitted they are not confident in this divination, but can think of no other course of action."

Reports from your respective bevy's are pending...
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 09:23:02 pm »

Nix stands, arms locked together, his face furrowed in contemplation.

"The last thing we need right now is to lose what strength we have.  The god-talkers will manage, and if the gods themselves are angered, then we will have to endure.  But we cannot be any less prepared for battle than we already are."

Turning to the Master of Mystics, Moreau Windwalker, Nix spoke:

"I mean no offence to you and yours, but surely you must understand, we cannot sacrifice what we have for what may be.  Death lies in that direction, far more than I am willing to accept."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 09:38:18 pm »

Ara Fox for the first issue seems to zone out not quite sure what to think having never been much into the main gods and mainly focusing on cauda.
I think we should keep our weapons for now I feel we may need them and I'd rather like having them around this is a strange place who knows what we could encounter.
The second issue leaves ara looking worried but relatively calm and with some hesitation and slight sadness.
I think we need to tell the hunters to be less cautious we need them to get us food and stuff and though....some may die many more will probably die if we move.
At the third issue ara  looks extremely worried and with a calm no nonsense voice.
If cauda needs our help then we give it to them...it would be ungrateful for me to say otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:48:29 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 12:42:27 am »

Leon Rough-hide with his bow still strung to his back, sits still deep in thought over the matters addressed hand on chin. While Leon was a simple man he respected the gods wishes, but he knew they could not give up their weapons yet without the ability to make more. 

"I do not think we can sacrifice the weapons either, we are in chaos still and every weapon or tool are still extremely valuable. Until we can produce more weapons we need to save the ones we already have."

Pausing again he thinks before speaking, "I'll start separating the hunters into smaller five man teams, and have them push out farther I just pray the game here is not any more determined then back home. I'll also ask a couple volunteers to test the food before we serve it to the tribe as a whole, as much I hate it I do not know what is safe to eat here. I was also thinking that we should try fishing while we're still near the ocean, I am not experienced with it but I'm sure at least some of our people are."

"And as for the third matter, if we lose the foxes the people will lose hope. More so then they already have and we cannot allow that, so we must do all we can".

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:57:38 am by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 12:53:33 am »

Ara Fox nods at Leon's words a small smile crossing her face and in a friendly voice almost like your the best of buddy's.
I agree wholeheartedly with you Leon.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 01:57:10 am »

Moreau had waited while the others spoke, taking what they said into great consideration before he spoke.
Before us lays one unifying question. What will lead us to salvation? Our bodies or our Gods? It is my position to offer guidance when it concerns the Gods, and it is through them that I believe our people will find the path forward. That path, the path, lays out there in this new wilderness obscured to our mortal eyes. Yet the god's have laid that path before us. If we cannot already see it, then perhaps we need a hint.

It is then in my opinion that we should pick either the weapons or the cattle, with my opinion being that the weapons are of a lesser sacrifice. Although, if we were to offer some weapons and some cattle, perhaps we may be better off than offering a large amount of either.

Of the hunting I know not. As a boy I mostly fished. However, what I do know is that to leave now means to leave a trail of bodies. Many of our people will need time to recover their strength. 

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 02:28:49 am »

Ara nods her head and then in a manner of fact tone clearly done to make her voice louder.
So for the first place issue you stand on reconnecting with the gods as soon as possible correct? For the third issue you suggest that instead of sacrificing a large amount of either we sacrifice a small amount of both I am also correct right? And your stance on the second issue is uncertain but you believe we shouldn't leave yet?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:30:26 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 06:18:10 pm »

I will speak clearly. I believe that we should chose to pursue issue one and three. Either or both may provide us guidance from the gods. However, I understand that choosing them both would be dangerous because they each limit our food and our perhaps endanger our lives in the long term.  What I'm suggesting is that, if we cannot bring ourselves to fully pursue these dangerous paths in search of the way forward, then perhaps we pursue each halfway. Offer half the weapons and half the cattle and see where that leads us.

That is of course, not ideal, as I would prefer to fully pursue both. But I understand that not everyone shares in that view.

As for moving our people, that is not a good idea. Food may be scarce here, but that doesn't mean it will be not be scarce wherever we go. And to move now means to lose some of our people. As such, I recommend staying for the time being and hunting more.

Moreau takes a moment.

This is my opinion on the matters at hand. I will pray to the Dark Fox for guidance and return shortly with news if Cauda chooses to answer me.

Moreau leaves to ask Cauda for guidance.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 06:21:47 pm »

May I come with you? Cauda is important to me.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 06:25:27 pm »

Moreau nods. Yes, that would be fine with me.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 06:26:31 pm »

Ara nods quietly getting up and following Moreau to help him ask cauda for guidance.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 08:50:28 pm »

"Well if there's nothing else i'll take my leave and get started on organizing everyone".

Organize the hunters into smaller five man teams and have them be less cautious we're bound to run into predators sooner or later.

Ask for a couple volunteers to test any of the new food we're unfamiliar with, to make sure its not poison or harmful.

Finally we're near the ocean lets make use of it while we can, and have all the foragers familiar with fishing to fish, search for clams and mussels, anything that can be harvested from it. 
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:34 pm »

Kron has been standing by leaning on his mace
"I know little of the stars or the will of the gods, that is the realm of the god-talkers but we do not know what strange beasts and men walk these lands. After all what hapened to this port?"

pausing to think he adjusts his weight on his mace

"Even if we did force the clan to march we would travel at a snails pace, better to move when we are more fit. On the foxes I do not know if their are any in this land and if we lose them they are lost forever. Perhaps we should sacrifice our sheep or trade goods, they  are little good to us without settled folk to trade with "

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 10:39:06 pm »

LESSER KHAN, Dula Goldcarp: "If you have said all you wish on the matters presented, and do not wish to bring forth any issues regarding your sphere, you may leave. But I must have everyone's input on the major issues at hand before I present the case to the Khan. Once he is informed of all the factors brought here today, he will ultimately decide how each issue should be addressed."

MASTER OF TRADE, Gitius Rico: "I agree with the others as far as the weapons are concerned. They are our greatest asset. When we find whoever inhabits these lands, we'll need something to barter with. Same with the foxes. The godi will come up with something, I'm sure. We needn't throw away what little we have. However, I disagree wit hthe others as far as the food crisis is concerned. We are nomads, and should move along as quickly as possible. Not only to find allies, but to understand our new home better."

MASTER OF TALES, Eiel Wellwish: "In this time of crisis, many have sought my advice. The people are afraid... terrified. We must do everything we can to protect them, and help them recoup. I say we stay here until we have a stable grasp on what has happened... Let the clan grieve without burden. Burn the weapons if it means we get guidance, burn the cattle if we can save the foxes. Even a token or mix as Moreau says would be sufficient. We need to show action. Desperation is dangerous, and a clan dissolved is a disgrace we cannot bear."

MASTER OF SCOUTS, Kenika Greatblood: "That's the chatter of a wind-blooded rat! We should pack up as soon as possible. My scouts are planning out possible routes as we speak. They say the plains to the east are more fertile. This clan should not die with the elderly and sick. If they are meant to live, they will survive. If not, let the gods have them back! But we will keep our weapons and cattle. The gods have done little to deserve our respect as of late..."

LESSER KHAN, Dula Goldcarp: "So... The majority is in favor of not sacrificing the weapons, of remaining here and doubling our gathering, and of sacrificing for the foxes. It seems most of you are unwilling to sacrifice a large portion of goods. As far as a mixed sacrifice... should we offer a mix of sheep, trade goods, and cattle as has been suggested?"

"Nix, what are your opinions on the other two issues?"

Bevy's will be submitted shortly...
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 01:42:02 am »

"The hunters are capable, if there are threats both man and beast in this place, we shall overcome.  As for the foxes...if it is necessary, sacrifice whatever is necessary."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10