Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile  (Read 8537 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2016, 01:52:40 pm »

Varin stands up amidst the chaos and begins reading off of a list in a monotone voice.

"We've created several dozen bone trinkets, a large number of stone trinkets, several wood carvings, and we've stockpiled it all safely in the correct place. All of my bevies are currently healthy and happy. I've nothing further to report."

He takes his seat again.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2016, 04:23:17 pm »

"I agree with our Master of Tales.  A show of strength is useless if strength is not used wisely.  A diplomatic meeting would give us a better idea of what we're dealing with.  Once we gain all the knowledge we can, we can mobilise our warriors to deal with the situation directly.  Any advantage that the enemy would have would only be doubled if we don't know what they are capable of, or what their intentions are."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2016, 04:28:20 pm »

"Still. I will not repeat the exact words I heard unless asked, but the clans demand a strong leader. Whatever you do, it cannot seem indecisive, cannot seem soft.

And about the concerns of the clan. . . A show of faith in the gods is needed from you, I think. Already we are being challenged by the gods of this land, and the people think the old ones have abandoned us. I have seen with my own eyes this is true, but not all have had the privilege."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 11:17:00 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2016, 11:15:31 pm »

"What if we just make them think they have the upper-hand in the exchange?? We go there appropriately armed, but not to heavy. My men and some others will be watching from the forest and with the displacer beast cloaks we recently acquired, we ambush and confuse them. Allowing us to escape if things go wrong."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2016, 08:49:33 am »

"It seams this land is fertile soil for traitors, I have already dealt with a number of thieves. We must remember that this is the land of the strangers and they probably see us as an invading army, is that what we wish to be?
They are probably scared and are using any means to find our motives. A show of force will only turn them against us"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2016, 09:28:45 am »

Varin sighs.

"If you have to do something, do it peacefully. I'd like to leave the possibility of trade open with as many people as possible."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2016, 11:43:16 am »

The Master of Mystics had spent the entirety of this debate listening to his fellows argue among themselves. There seemed to be two or three options, but no points as to why one was better than another, only verbose rhetoric designed to trick others into believing some point had been made.

These squabbles tire me and many words are without merit or meaning. There is no good conclusion to be drawn for likening our warriors to bandits when we all know that's not what they are or will do. Nor would we send an armed party into an unknown land against an enemy of unknown strength. It doesn't take the Master of War to see that we have a disadvantage in size, a disadvantage in knowledge of the terrain, and a disadvantage in favor of the local gods. A show of strength? Decisive action? Cowards hidden in the woods? Is this what we are? Is this what we choose to be? No wonder the gods of this land already dislike us so.

I would take none of these actions. Ha, I would rather walk there alone than send a show of force. I've seen first hand one of their god's, spoken to him directly. These people are not savages. The best course of action is to send three people. Armed or not, it doesn't matter. One the members should be determined by the Master of War. One by the master of Mystics. And one by the Master of Polity. If our three chosen emissaries cannot together discover the truth behind this, then no group of soldiers ever will.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2016, 01:12:50 pm »

Varin raises a finger, volunteering. He does not know why.

"I'll do it. Makes sense for the master of trade to analyze potential future trade partners, no?"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2016, 04:26:34 pm »

"Send someone you can trust, if you go yourself, Master of Trade, you will not be adequately protected.  I would send one of my own personal thanes.  He is clever of sight and judgement, and will be able to discern things about these people in my place.  And if necessary, he will fight and die for the sake of this Clan."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2016, 04:31:43 pm »

Varin, Master of Trade, draws himself up and looks proud.

"I can handle myself in a scuffle. I've tussled with many a wild animal before. Besides, this meeting will be diplomatic."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2016, 04:50:04 pm »

Layleth frowns at the Master of Mystics. "You would do well to not insult the other ring members. I have only said what the people are thinking; they are the ones we must keep happy, not some foreigner city and their strange gods. The clans do not trust us as a whole - though they may respect individual ring members - and they think the Khan, and that us by extension, are soft and weak. We cannot continue to appear so."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2016, 04:56:04 pm »

"If she has betrayed the Clan we must make an example of hero no other members betray us. I will send a scouting party to scout out the area around the settlement."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2016, 12:05:56 am »

If I have insulted a member of this ring, that was not my meaning. I simply said what I believed and what the gods would have me say. To do otherwise would be more of an insult than any I could possibly say aloud. Onto the issue at hand. I believe there to be a difference between being strong and being brutish. Strength means to be able in the realms of body and spirit. Sending an army or flashing what weapons we can, that is not strength. Nor is it wise. We know nothing of the enemy's numbers or capabilities. Nor of their culture or demeanor. One thing is for certain however. If we send an army as an embassy, we will receive an invader's welcome. A diplomatic group would be best. These foreigners also know not of our capabilities, and would not risk starting a war by killing our diplomats. In addition, our diplomats can learn the true nature of the treachery in question, dispel any wisp-craft if there is wisp-craft to dispel, and learn more of our new neighbors. And even if they fail, that still gives us the option of decisive military action against an unknown enemy in an unknown land.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2016, 12:56:33 am »

"Perhaps we arrive with a gift that represents our strength. Though I hate to give it away, we have an extra displacer beast pelt. These people know these beasts strength better then anyone, a gift of a pelt would be good sign of our strength."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2016, 01:10:35 am »

That is a good idea. My only concern is that the indigenous people may believe these strange beasts to be sacred or be omens in the same way we revere foxes. Bringing them a pelt of a beast they may respect could damage relations. We know nothing about them really, so it could go over very well or go poorly.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10