Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))  (Read 6926 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2016, 02:12:48 pm »

He already explained that to the gm.
photosynthesising sea slug. Terrestrial version would be a giant photosynthesising slug.
Yes? I know what they are, but why is he making them. I can't see any real use they could offer to the mantids, and Micelus' god is supposed to be focused on civilization building.

Maybe he's just making them a new livestock animal? If so, okay, but I don't really see why slugs would be superior livestock to whatever generic thing the Mantids already have. Guess I can dig slug livestock though.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:16:36 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2016, 09:10:01 pm »

Minor Act: create the land elsyia, a terrestrial version of the eastern emerald elysia complete with symbiotic chloroplasts. Spread them around the various mantid societies.
Micelus, I find myself confused about what you're trying to do/accomplish with this action.  ???  Please explain? Did you just feel like making land plantslugs?

Way more efficient than other livestock. With livestock, you'd either need to remain nomadic, trade with nomads for meat or produce a huge amount of crops to feed livestock. With these slugs you can just hoard slugs into a pen and keep them there until they're all nice and full of sugars. As these slugs would be cared and pampered for by the mantids, much of this sugar would be converted into fat, which the mantids can then eat. In the wild, a grossly fat slug would be at risk to predators but with mantid guards, they can grow as big as they want.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:13:25 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2016, 09:31:41 pm »

Everyone, the Update for Turn Three will come up sometime this weekend. Thanks for Posting.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2016, 11:52:37 am »

Everyone, the Update for Turn Three will come up sometime this weekend. Thanks for Posting.
Update when?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2016, 12:21:08 pm »

Update when?

I've been having some computer problems recently, but I'll try to get an update by the end of the Week. This Thread isn't dead.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]