Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the Mod, 2 Questions, 1 Vote each.

1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (General content)
1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (New Race, eg Humans or Elves)
1) Don't do another fundraiser. (Same general developement, but much slower)
2) Focus on user-friendlieness (tutorials, manual, hints, ingame announcements)
2) Focus on clean-up (bugfixing, balancing, deleting unused content, clean up raws)
2) Focus on new content (all kinds of stuff possible)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...  (Read 13507 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »

I am not quite sure where to download the latest version. :-[ Do I need to download the Windows version or is there a current Linux version somewhere else?
the most up to date version is here(for masterwork 4i). if you need an older version you'll have to look through the commits to find a suitable one.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2014, 05:59:25 pm »

It seems to work, but every time a tooltip closes the whole screen is redrawn, button for button. I actually see the individual buttons appear.
Also Dwarf Fortress here seems to be less responsive. I think I'll just go with the FPS mod instead.
Taste my Paci-Fist

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2014, 06:14:19 pm »

More stuff = more processing power required. Same goes for running dfhack.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2014, 06:52:38 pm »

It seems to work, but every time a tooltip closes the whole screen is redrawn, button for button. I actually see the individual buttons appear.
Also Dwarf Fortress here seems to be less responsive. I think I'll just go with the FPS mod instead.
for the settings exe, try changing the theme to the white/blue one. the original theme with the transparencies doesn't play well on every system.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2014, 01:37:20 am »

It seems to work, but every time a tooltip closes the whole screen is redrawn, button for button.
You need to execute it in a virtual desktop (I think the GUI is having trouble accerssing its environment otherwise. Possibly, because it's not allowed to :3)

Also Dwarf Fortress here seems to be less responsive.
And I guess that means 2 things:
1) You are executing dwarf fortress through wine instead of using the native version.
2) You didn't turn debug messages in wine off and it's spamming 200 lines per second or fixmeeees or something into a virtual terminal somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:39:14 am by yaymeh »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2014, 03:57:51 am »

And I guess that means 2 things:
1) You are executing dwarf fortress through wine instead of using the native version.
2) You didn't turn debug messages in wine off and it's spamming 200 lines per second or fixmeeees or something into a virtual terminal somewhere.
1) Yes. :-[ This probably means I cannot play DF through the Masterwork Launcher, right?
2) Yes. But switching to the blue theme helped. Executing in the virtual desktop alone didn't help.
Taste my Paci-Fist
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]