Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the Mod, 2 Questions, 1 Vote each.

1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (General content)
1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (New Race, eg Humans or Elves)
1) Don't do another fundraiser. (Same general developement, but much slower)
2) Focus on user-friendlieness (tutorials, manual, hints, ingame announcements)
2) Focus on clean-up (bugfixing, balancing, deleting unused content, clean up raws)
2) Focus on new content (all kinds of stuff possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...  (Read 13512 times)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2014, 03:47:21 am »

Ah, I wasn't aware I needed to start it with wine. Wine was telling me I needed Mono for Windows to run .NET applications so I assumed Mono would be fine to use.

I tried
Code: [Select]
winetricks dlls dotnet40which installed fine, but running
wine ./Setting.exereturns
err:module:import_dll Library mscoree.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe" failed, status c0000135
err:service:service_send_start_message service L"clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32" failed to start
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32" failed to start: 1053
err:module:import_dll Library mscoree.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\thomas\\Downloads\\DF\\MasterworkDF_v2f_Linux_Patched_2013-01-13\\Settings.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\thomas\\Downloads\\DF\\MasterworkDF_v2f_Linux_Patched_2013-01-13\\Settings.exe" failed, status c0000135
What am I missing?
Are there installation instructions somewhere?
Taste my Paci-Fist

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2014, 04:36:32 am »

Did you try that in a new/clean 32bit wine prefix?

Dementia wrote a guide here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.msg5039159#msg5039159

I began writing an install script here:
(untested / potentially dangerous - but you might find some pointers as to what needs to be done if you just look at the script )
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136827.0

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2014, 05:14:32 am »

I followed the instructions there (made a new wineprefix, installed dotnet40 and corefonts in there, made a script that starts the terminal with the correct environment variables).
Still doesn't work.
When I run
wine ./Settingsin the Masterwork folder I get the following in the Terminal (this seems to be not unique for Settings.exe):
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
and an error
Setting.exe - .Net Framework Initialization Error
Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application
I checked in the same terminal I use to run this command that dotnet40 and corefonts actually are installed.
Taste my Paci-Fist

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2014, 06:38:28 am »

That's weird... did you try in a terminal?

echo $WINEPREFIX $WINEARCH
(to make sure you're in the right one)

wine --version
( If I remember correctly, some of DOTNET4 started working around wine 1.6... most of the rest started working with 1.7.5.something )

also doublecheck (manually) that the prefix you're in has DOTNET4 installed by doing
winetricks list-installed

You can try forcing a reinstall
winetricks -q --force DOTNET4
( DOTNET installation is rather glitchy even on windows from what I hear if parts are already installed... also it might clash with mono if that's installed in the wineprefix, so using another fresh wineprefix might be preferable )

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2014, 07:11:08 am »

Ah, I've got wine-1.6.2, so this might be a problem. Will look whether there is a debian package for wine1.7.5+ available.
[edit]urgh, there are packages available, but their use is discouraged... I'm not quite sure, maybe I should download he sources, compile and install in ~/.local/[/edit]

This already is a fresh wine prefix, so stuff installed beforehand is definitely not a problem.

also doublecheck (manually) that the prefix you're in has DOTNET4 installed by doing
winetricks list-installed
Did that, it lists corefonts and dotnet40 (and nothing else).
What I can install (and what is installed) is called "dotnet40" in winetricks. "DOTNET4" is not in the list, the same goes for "DOTNET40", so I guess this might be just a rename in another version of winetricks.

A forced reinstall didn't help.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:15:52 am by Antsan »
Taste my Paci-Fist

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2014, 07:35:58 am »

Hmm... I think with wine 1.6.2 I had trouble getting dotnet even installed propperly because of mono... just not sure if it was version 4 or only the lower ones that actually replace all of mono...

You can try removing mono from the prefix manually before installing dotnet in a fresh prefix though
wine uninstaller --remove '{E45D8920-A758-4088-B6C6-31DBB276992E}'

If you don't want to install a current version of wine on your system, you can also try one of those wine-deployment applications... never tried them, but I hear many people use those on debian + ubuntu. There's a free one, I think it was called "playonlinux" and a commercial one (can't remember the name) which some claim works better. One of those ought to be able to get you a current version of wine on your HD without the need to build it yourself.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2014, 07:41:52 am »

Mono wasn't installed under wine. It asked whether I wanted to install mono and I declined, so I am pretty sure it is not present.

I am currently compiling the latest wine version. ~/.local/bin/ is in my path, so after configuring via
./configure --prefix=/home/<username>/.local/it should prefer this version when I am logged in as that user.
Will report on success. If it doesn't work I'll use playonlinux. I think I used that once.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:53:47 am by Antsan »
Taste my Paci-Fist

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2014, 10:04:07 am »

It doesn't work with wine-1.7.14 (no matter whether I am using playonlinux or not).
Which version of wine are you using?

The error is still the same.

Just seen: The same error occurs with rundll32.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:07:39 am by Antsan »
Taste my Paci-Fist

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2014, 10:26:04 am »

Mono wasn't installed under wine. It asked whether I wanted to install mono and I declined, so I am pretty sure it is not present
Oh right, I remember that dialogue - think it has been dropped from recent versions a whole while ago - in newer versions mono just gets installed automatically (it's sort of obligatory unless you want to absolutely use dotnet only). You tried with mono AND dotnet4 installed first though, right? While mono can interfere, I think dotnet4 isn't a total replacement for mono - it's more of an addition to [mono or dotnet3]...

And you used one of the semi-new versions of winetricks that have all the necessary workarounds to install dotnet40? (should be from around last year, june or something)

edit: just doublechecked. The settings.exe works without mono.
75cbe8cd1700b46c9b4c05fc195f6bbd  Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe
153383a6d1a0eb1ad9f070696ee9fd0b  /usr/bin/winetricks
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 607K  8. Jul 2013  /usr/bin/winetricks
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:38:24 am by yaymeh »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2014, 11:12:02 am »

My winetricks version is 20130919, so that seems to match with
(should be from around last year, june or something)

I tried without Mono and with dotnet40.
Taste my Paci-Fist

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2014, 11:28:52 am »

Uhm, I think you might have downloaded an older / obsolete version of the Settings GUI that uses dotnet35sp1

Can you check if the md5sum matches the one I posted?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2014, 12:13:18 pm »

Do you mean this one?
75cbe8cd1700b46c9b4c05fc195f6bbd  Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exeThis is not my md5sum.
It looks like this:
<>@<>:~/Downloads/DF/Masterwork$ md5sum Settings.exe
e2c24160b5f51d3944a7e959b021b78f  Settings.exe
I downloaded from here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6278
Taste my Paci-Fist

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2014, 12:31:58 pm »

That's a rather old release... not sure what the old GUI needed, but my guess would be dotnet35sp1. It might be a better approach to grab the new version instead though.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2014, 12:42:26 pm »

I am not quite sure where to download the latest version. :-[ Do I need to download the Windows version or is there a current Linux version somewhere else?
Taste my Paci-Fist

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2014, 01:26:41 pm »

You can grab the windows version and tinker with it until it works or take the old linux version and update it with the new raws + GUI etc or you can wait and hope that Urmame uploads a linux bundle for the new version. I made mine work as described in the script I linked earlier... I think Urmame had a less messy approach, but I don't know what that was.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5