Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29104 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2014, 08:04:36 pm »

I think my main problem with Majesty 2 was the fact that there were no randomly generated maps.  You could take scenario maps and randomize the locations of things that spawned, but not "Here is the enemy lair, here is where you start, go forth."  I think a lot of that though is because of how they decided to do trading posts and temples.

Otherwise it was definitely playable, I've sunken quite a few hours into it actually.

Strange... i'm sure you can randomize maps in Majesty 2.

I kinda like both but Majesty 2 is hard.

Basically:
Majesty 1 - Somewhat easy aside of 2 last missions (i blazed through the campaigh only getting block on the ultimate mission).
Majesty 1 expansion - ROCK HARD (couldn't beat any mission)
I must be super good at Majesty then. Only stuck on the Apocalypse mission for the first campaign, and only two or four impossible missions on the expansion.

I don't remember the name of the mission i got stuck on but i remember it had 3 wraiths coming at you right at the beginning and it only got worse from there but i know for a fact that it was the very last mission in the camapaign.

In the expansion i couldn't really complete anything but i didn't try all that much either.... i only remember the missiun that sounded easy... eliminate the rouges from your uncles town... it always ended up with dozens of rouges atttacking my castle... they would start infighting or even destroy their own buildings for a small bounty but there was just too many of them for my abused treasury.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2014, 08:15:05 pm »

I think my main problem with Majesty 2 was the fact that there were no randomly generated maps.  You could take scenario maps and randomize the locations of things that spawned, but not "Here is the enemy lair, here is where you start, go forth."  I think a lot of that though is because of how they decided to do trading posts and temples.

Otherwise it was definitely playable, I've sunken quite a few hours into it actually.

You can randomize them, yes, there's an option to move everything around.  There's no "plug this seed into the box and we'll generate a new map for you," option.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2014, 09:54:57 pm »

You can randomize them, yes, there's an option to move everything around.  There's no "plug this seed into the box and we'll generate a new map for you," option.
Wait, what do you mean? If you mean this then I don't even think that was a thing back then. Unless you just mean having options prior to level generation like in games like Civ, in which case that is indeed strange, because I'm pretty sure Majesty Mk1 had at least some limited options before playing Freestyle.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2014, 10:00:43 pm »

Wait, what do you mean? If you mean this then I don't even think that was a thing back then. Unless you just mean having options prior to level generation like in games like Civ, in which case that is indeed strange, because I'm pretty sure Majesty Mk1 had at least some limited options before playing Freestyle.
I should've said Freestyle in the first place.  Freestyle allows you to plug seeds in for randomly generated maps that are basically "kill the lair and survive while you're at it."  Majesty 2 has a bunch of scenarios that you can tell to randomize locations of lairs and crystals and stuff like that.

I miss freestyle mode and should've said that to begin with. >_>

C-SH4M4N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2014, 08:10:13 am »

Some games have popularized the whole notion that not micromanaging a lot of small units can be fun.
AI implementation however, didn't keep up so units often do stupid things.

LPs have come to document all the crazy shit that happens. It's kinda like a developer's diary.
I like it.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]