Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40257 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

You could always abandon my save and use that to start a fort. I'm sure my fortress won't do anything to start migrants

Actually been thinking of doing that a bit, or at least taking the history seed and using it in a Masterwork setting, although I'm not sure if it'll reproduce the same results or not.  It'd be an interesting venture, to say the least.
I'm not familiar with masterwork too much... Anyway, sorry about the lack of updates, worked all weekend and today is my birthday, so I went out for dinner with my family. Going to give a sort of a role-play kind of update since its been dead boring, giving an explination of what named dwarf is doing what (just to give an idea).

6th of Timber, 138: Auttumn Updates
I walked down by the new bedrooms and had a chat with Neblime, whos been hard at work engraving the floors. Many of them are influenced by Karkov's stories. I guess SOMEONE likes listening to them at least... Or that's all the material that she can come up with. Lordlemonpie, the pack lord, was rushing about, placing furniture for the new bedrooms that are fully engraved; they've been distributed to the soldiers other then myself as a kind of reward and thank you to them for protecting the place. My wife makes excellent beds, and Chucker and Sarrak now sleep in masterwork beds and splint's bed is not that far from masterwork at all. The cabinets and coffers will be placed soon, and then we'll have offices and dining halls for them in there as well, so everyone can work and eat at their own leisure... Excluding the children who are too young to have those things.

Speaking of the soldiers, everyone has been hard at work practicing their skills. Chucker claims to be legendary at ten arts, mostly combat but also legendary at observing, which will be great against thieves if we ever open the gates again. Sarrak holds the highest kill count of us all, holding a whopping 92 kills. I swear, if anyone will battle the Jotun and slay many, it will be her.

Karkov was tinkering with the coliseum mechanics, which is strange since it is Cmega's job. I joked and asked if he was finished with reading on histories and he yelled back, saying there can never be too much to know. I asked him afterwards why he's doing Cmega's job and he told me that he was busy sleeping. Well then, carry on Karkov with your tinkering.

Hissingwalnuts, our cook, has been busy storing stuff in our new copper bins. Mostly because we're running low on storage space. And I also noticed; where are Timeless Bob and Fishybang? I haven't seen them I-

LATER:
I just stopped Timeless Bob telling Fishybang to shoot him with a crossbow for "dodging practice". While this is a brilliant idea, children shouldn't be doing this. I almost had to block one of them until timeless dodged it by a hair. I swear, they're so reckless, but they're my sons after all...

Bombur and Lidku have been playing together quite a bit, and Bombur joins Lidku as Karkov tells him the stories that he must learn. Pottie has been joining them as well, now that he can stand on his own two feet. Gammaflux has also seemed to be able to walk on her own for a bit, but she's going to be able to in a few months at the most, walking and talking just like Pottie. Everyone seems to be quite busy, but hopefully, things die down a little... We don't want to be TOO busy for so long...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

You could always abandon my save and use that to start a fort. I'm sure my fortress won't do anything to start migrants

Actually been thinking of doing that a bit, or at least taking the history seed and using it in a Masterwork setting, although I'm not sure if it'll reproduce the same results or not.  It'd be an interesting venture, to say the least.
I'm not familiar with masterwork too much... Anyway, sorry about the lack of updates, worked all weekend and today is my birthday, so I went out for dinner with my family. Going to give a sort of a role-play kind of update since its been dead boring, giving an explination of what named dwarf is doing what (just to give an idea).

Masterwork's a pretty interesting mod that adds quite a bit to the game, especially the end-game.  Also makes mining and smelting dangerous, go figure!  So it's definitely something if you're looking for difficulty and depth.  You can turn off the harmful mining and smelting if you really want to, I usually do solely because I keep losing my legendary miners when I'm not paying attention.

And about the Role-playing, go ahead man.  We're always happy when it updates and anything that keeps you sane (are any DF players truly sane?) is a good thing.

Edit:  I read it, said to myself I was gonna say something about it, and then promptly became an idiot again.  Happy birthday dude.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:26:50 pm by Karkov »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, wow.  I missed it too.

Better Nate than lever I suppose.
http://youtu.be/SiXCZ-Ew0b0
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about long waits guys, I've been too busy with Steelhold, real life and now Necrochambers might be taking my time away. I'll update regularly once classes die down on work, etc.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2nd of Moonstone, 138: Strangeness in Bloody Age of Artifice
Well, just as I was all happy with Gammaflux finally walking on her own two feet, I heard Chucker making nibbling noises and beckoning me to follow. I told him countless times to talk normally, but he kept shaking his head. I followed him and went towards the caverns where his wife passed by with the most blank look on her face. I walked by but Chucker grabbed me and kept pointing to his wife. I followed her and tried to stop her but she walked right by me. She kept walking by and I think I've heard these foul things before... I think Karkov said something about "Strange Moods" dwarves have when they get a great idea and then create something strange or even amazing. We may never know what it is until she finishes it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She claimed a carpenter's workshop and grabbed a few odds and ends. Its rather strange but I don't dare stop her. I told Karkov to come since this is the first time this is happening, and I do believe that he's been wanting to record much about our triumphs and our glorious battles. And what better to do as we watch one of his "strange moods" he told us so much about? She grabbed quite a few tower caps and then a gem and began smacking them together in the most bizarre ways that I didn't think you could even HIT something. I couldn't tell you what the hell she was doing even if I could understand it. Once she stopped, she tured to us and beheld a strange and yet beautiful oddity; a tower cap chair.

The image of the forgotten beasts that roam our caverns scare the hell out of me however... I think that Chucker and his wife should get the chair placed in their room once the rooms are completed.

Speaking of which, the rooms are almost finished! All we have to deal with after the engraving is the cleanup of the ores and rocks that litter the halls and rooms. A time consuming, yet easy job for us. I hope the rest of the year goes on without problems; I cannot take another scare like that "strange mood"...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Oh good!  The first strange mood went off without a hitch.  Hopefully we'll either have some useful ones or some extremely easy ones in the future.  I'd hate to lose any more of these little buggers.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh good!  The first strange mood went off without a hitch.  Hopefully we'll either have some useful ones or some extremely easy ones in the future.  I'd hate to lose any more of these little buggers.
Could you imagine the tantrum spiral that would ensue afterwards since everyone is almost everyone's friend? It'd be disastrous!

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile

Could you imagine the tantrum spiral that would ensue afterwards since everyone is almost everyone's friend? It'd be disastrous!
I think that since your military consists of nothing but Legendary soldiers and you're sealed off in a vault then this is the only way your fortress can fall at this point. Even a Forgotten Beast doesn't have much chance of beating you at this point.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I think that since your military consists of nothing but Legendary soldiers and you're sealed off in a vault then this is the only way your fortress can fall at this point. Even a Forgotten Beast doesn't have much chance of beating you at this point.

Unless it's a tough inorganic. spits webs/has some form of dangerous toxin spewing from it or its blood.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless it's a tough inorganic. spits webs/has some form of dangerous toxin spewing from it or its blood.
Or deadly dust as we had in the past that induced what I think is necrosis...

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

So, how goes the repopulation of dwarven race? Any ridiculous threats to endager endangered species even further?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st of Felsite, 139: The Seperation
You can call me a madman for doing it, but I took it. I know it was the last piece to finding out the remains of our past, but I took it. It is a symbol now; a symbol of leadership. Her majesty Fightquake is on it and she was the last leader of the dwarves. The helmet has become a crown of sorts now, but I will not give it to my son.

No, this is no war king's crown. This is possibly the last artifact of the old world. From now on, the old world will cease to be, where fightquake and her armies fought the Jotun and the goblins for many years before they fell... And it was not long after we left to settle these lands. But because I took the leather helm, there were accusations of theft; some said I took it for my son, others say Karkov took it for history's sake. Some say Hissingwalnuts hid it somewhere (mostly Cmega and his family) and some even say Pot Chucker has it hidden in the pot he carries on him. But now everyone is divided, mostly into the four larger families; mine, Karkov's, Cmega's and Chucker's, and the majority support Cmega. The children take no part, but they are kind of their own, thinking Armok took it after we saw the last stand of the queen.

If it isn't obvious enough, the helmet adorns the story of her majesty's ascension, but with a goblin overlooking it. It fortrells the goblin's idea of sacking the place, and leaving us to abandon all hope. It'll be four years until Timeless Bob will become an adult and then become a soldier into our forces. But this divide must be overcome; Karkov has taken the lower bowels of the fortress, wher the forges hold. Cmega has taken the dining hall and the old bedrooms, and CHucker has claimed the barracks and the farms. I myself, being a kind of mediator in this conflict, control the stockpiles and the new and finished bedrooms. I could easily starve out the others, but I wouldn't; its my fault we're in this situation, and I plan to right it... But I can only do so if I give up the crown... But I will not... There has to be another way... By the last light of the fortress, there HAS to be a way... I even hear rumors of some of the other families, specifically Cmega's, that they should open the gates and leave this place for good and starting their own city. I call them fools; we have to stay together and survive... Or we're all going to die in this hell hole...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3rd of Limestone, 139: Civil War?
I had to fight my own allies today; and for good reason. No one was killed, but I still harmed my race... Cmega got bold and tried to charge the gates, and splint led them out. I knew every one of her tricks but she knew all of mine, and we ended in a stalemate. They were trying to get to the lever to open the gates, but I sealed it off; no one is going out there... Not while the beak wolves are besieging us. Chucker came up after awhile and held them back, but they swore they would see the lgiht of day again. Only the soldiers knew what life was like out there after the gates closed; a land of blood, death and ash. The jotun came and burned half the countryside, but they didn't beleive us. The beak wolves would tear them apart, but I don't DARE let them out while the Jotun live... I had no choice... I locked everyone away from the main gates, and only soldiers were allowed, splint being one closely monitored. Needless to say during our next sparring session, she wasn't happy and almost cleaved my head if I didn't duck in time. If we all fought one another in battle, I doubt any of us would live or any of us would die. If one is wounded, the other too, one killed, the other die in a few minutes from blood-loss.

I still held the helmet close; my wife hasn't found it yet, and neither have my sons and daughters. I'll have to keep it safe... Or destroy it...

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow.  I really love this.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]