Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85159 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41
« Reply #840 on: September 21, 2012, 12:41:06 pm »

My subhive will move towards an undisclosed location near the main hive, preferably down in an old magma tube. A lid will be constructed on it to keep it safe, and inside a large open chamber(sort of like a large underground dome) will be constructed, with four corridors leading away from it. One will lead to the labratories(Tech lab), opposite of which reside the Higher Kai in their quarters. To the West(labs are north) one finds the power generation and any industrial systems, and to the East the habitation of the workers.  The level below will feature a small cargo network for the transport of bulk goods, most importantly towards the testing grounds, quite a distance away.

A few levels below that there should be a connection to the rail networks/ corridors of the main hive, to allow supplies to come in.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:59:33 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 21, 2012, 12:55:05 pm »

If I can choose what commanders I'll get, then I ask for 5 TT commanders and make them lead construction of cyberware laboratory and cloning center in\near human med center, while most of hive population do try that brute force attempt to get chimeras

As for general actions - I'd say we should focus on increasing power generation and bots, bots, bots many flying bots, we need them for the war. And simple artillery. Raw firepower is my approach for any war
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:28 pm »

>>:Setup a farm / biolab (READ: Flowers and general testing)

>>:If have use royal jelly to startup some more tech-drones and assign them to the generator project

>>:Have spare drones continue reinforcing the base.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 21, 2012, 08:27:21 pm »

I will:
Attempt to duplicate our arrival vessel's power supply.
Establish a new subhive in the northern region at a depth sufficient to prevent the coherent propagation of sonic signals to the surface.
Establish a testing chamber at a depth sufficient to prevent precise location based upon surface vibration sensors.
Construct the most effective computational device that we are able beneath the subhive.

The bipeds possess a distinct culture and any of us derived from bipeds are likely to become foreigners. Additionally, the bipeds represent one of many potential threats to us, adapting specifically to the bipeds will weaken us relative to other threats. It also seems likely that adapting us to the bipeds will enhance the biped ability to learn about us. The idea of incorporating biped physiology into our own seems far too dangerous to contemplate.

We should focus some effort into developing the surface flowers to a point at which they will be capable of self-perpetuation.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 22, 2012, 01:32:32 am »

PTW, and this should be made a game :)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 23, 2012, 03:45:41 pm »

It might be beneficial if we keep Main hive actions and sub hive actions seperated. (As well as a little summary on each of the hives and their locations.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 23, 2012, 08:19:57 pm »

We should probably do that...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #847 on: October 24, 2012, 08:21:24 pm »

I will:
Attempt to duplicate our arrival vessel's power supply.
Establish a new subhive in the northern region at a depth sufficient to prevent the coherent propagation of sonic signals to the surface.
Establish a testing chamber at a depth sufficient to prevent precise location based upon surface vibration sensors.
Construct the most effective computational device that we are able beneath the subhive.

The bipeds possess a distinct culture and any of us derived from bipeds are likely to become foreigners. Additionally, the bipeds represent one of many potential threats to us, adapting specifically to the bipeds will weaken us relative to other threats. It also seems likely that adapting us to the bipeds will enhance the biped ability to learn about us. The idea of incorporating biped physiology into our own seems far too dangerous to contemplate.

We should focus some effort into developing the surface flowers to a point at which they will be capable of self-perpetuation.

i agree on this.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:48 am »

That was, I believe, a subhive action.

Doesn't really matter though. The game's pretty much dead.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 25, 2012, 09:04:00 pm »

The bolded bit is subhive, the less bolded bit is hive-mind consideration.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]