Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85420 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Not Quite Day 20
« Reply #810 on: August 14, 2012, 10:29:52 am »

We can also a system similair to the V-3. That's much cheaper but has zero mobility. Excellent for a one shot system. Also, since most of it is underground, it's harder to destroy and detect, meaning the enemy has to send more forces to clean the site.

Also, there's quite a lot pirate activity around, so they might blame it on pirates rather then a race no'one has ever encountered or heard of.

Also, fun fact. We might try to fabricate a sort of virus that can after some time cause mad cows disease. Having serious problems with their main food supply is going to hurt them way more than us, because we can still eat the diseased meat.)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 15, 2012, 03:27:45 pm »

We need more biomass, experience, and understanding of human behavior. Attack something with cows!
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 15, 2012, 08:26:13 pm »

Bold means high priority
Italics means low priority

This seems valid, although geothermal seems redundant with the potential to replicate our generator, but the knowledge derived concerning matters of ventilation and geological stability might be valuable.

Losing battles is unacceptable at this stage. Providing an opportunity for us or our technology to be studied would be potentially catastrophic. situations that require holding territory should be avoided.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 18, 2012, 11:59:47 am »

We have bad multi-personality disorder.  Some of our self want sentient cheese!?

We might want to think about expanding our capabilities to a spaceship to go to the other planet we saw on the way to our planet that appeared to have a lot of bipeds on it and conduct simple espionage missions with it.  If we take the lightly inhabited planet we are on, then the heavily populated planet below will have potential to react.  We should aim to spread to that planet soon before the invasion of this one so we can harass the trade between both planets.  This is why we should make a ship/disc to travel in between the two planets.  We should make it stealth. 

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 18, 2012, 12:53:28 pm »

Sadly, things are realistic here. Meaning that Earth-Mars travel takes at least 1.5 years(Unless we don't care about fuel nor stealth, and fire full thrust for the entire Journey).

For absolute stealth we should use the planetary transport network, and such a thing takes years.

I prefer getting the satkiller online before we make other orbital things. Also, why bring our own spysat in orbit. Just crack a human Earth Mars relay and gather information from there. Watch the BBC or something.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 01, 2012, 04:34:50 pm »

ARISE, THREAD! LIVE! CONTINUE TO BE AWESOME AND STUFF!
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 17, 2012, 01:20:44 pm »

A three-week time skip will occur in the next update. I've been busy, and will likely remain so, but an update is coming.

Don't unspoil if you don't want to know some details! And no, the big attack is not launched.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's just... a lot of writing and math, and I am busy. xD
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:41:30 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 17, 2012, 02:14:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:21:07 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 17, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »

No picks yet, but I am thinking you, RAM, ebbor, Zecro, and whomever else that has posted who shows enough initiative calls dibs.

Morrigi, likely. I don't anticipate a hell of a lot of volunteers, but fortunately, there are extra Commanders around.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 17, 2012, 06:49:43 pm »

Meine own sub-hive? Sounds like I'll just waste time on building WMDS and then end up nuking up mars, if there is one available I'd like it please.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:55:46 pm by Zecro_The_Scourge »
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 17, 2012, 08:39:52 pm »

Dibs!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 17, 2012, 10:05:50 pm »

It is harder to classify 2440 Kai than one would expect, as well as trying to figure out what the plant breed cycle is.

If you'd want a specific hive and parent!Queen you should let me know; otherwise it will be assigned at random.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:05:55 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Not Quite Day 41 [What hiatus?]
« Reply #822 on: September 18, 2012, 03:02:11 am »

I'd like to have commander that is Techqueen's spawn  and interacts closely with humans. TN would be ideal
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:36:01 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 18, 2012, 07:51:33 pm »

Queen of EDIT: Mind, hive located near a volcano if possible.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:44 pm »

I would like a mind queen somewhere with a low chance of biped interaction.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57