Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: New version out!  (Read 21314 times)

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New version out!
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »

I like to think that the moment the patch was used, every dwarf had a collective realization that they were naked and needed to do something about it post-haste.

"OK, who ate that goddamn apple?"
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2012, 09:51:33 pm »

I like to think that the moment the patch was used, every dwarf had a collective realization that they were naked and needed to do something about it post-haste.

"OK, who ate that goddamn apple?"

I was going to make that joke, but it seemed like low-hanging fruit

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2012, 09:54:18 pm »

I was going to make that joke, but it seemed like low-hanging fruit

Sounds like you've got a case of sour grapes.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:05 pm »

I like to think that the moment the patch was used, every dwarf had a collective realization that they were naked and needed to do something about it post-haste.  Of course, this means if an insane dwarf runs naked through the fortress it'll upset the others even more. It's a win-win situation!
So what your saying is The Great Toady One made them realize they were nude and thus they demanded clothes but had none and went insane. Should of grown more fygg trees.

Toady has given them souls when you delete that world you destroyed thousands of souls what have you done?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2012, 08:27:35 am »

Nice try but we'd be killing them manually if we weren't deleting the world.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2012, 08:35:32 am »

My new fortress layout:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jachim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2012, 09:01:33 am »

Is that ronald mcdonald's hair on the left?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2012, 10:25:39 am »

No XD
Dragonfire.
Im waiting for somebody to sig this.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2012, 10:51:33 am »

No XD
Dragonfire.

Oh miauw62.  Sigs aren't created, they're hewn from pure madness into gems of definitive dwarfdom.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2012, 11:42:13 am »

No XD
Dragonfire.

Oh miauw62.  Sigs aren't created, they're hewn from pure madness into socks of definitive dwarfdom.

ftfy
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:51:26 am by miauw62 »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2012, 02:21:04 am »

This is just great:
(X) Had a wolverine bite off my woodcutters hand, and shortly after the woodcutter picked up his glove and placed it within the stockpile!
(X) I caged another wolverine and trained it. Not found a good use for it just yet... but it's trained. Wondering if there's a stage between 'trained' and 'domesticated' and now to get to 'domesticated.'
(X) My novice dwarf actually made cow bone crafts fairly quickly, wasn't cluttered with the larger bones.
(X) Don't know if this was actually fix or just my fortress, but migrate waves tad more reasonable and they are not a boat-load of children.

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2012, 06:27:39 pm »

I have decided I am not entirely fond of the dwarves wearing clothes. They now seem to own 3x the amount of clothes. I believe they should de-own the scruffy clothes and let them go to the needy. Aka Urist McShirtless over there who's been waiting for a shirt, but the last 30 have been nabbed by those poor dwarves who only have xshirtx. >:L

I think my fps in this version shall take an arrow to the knee.

j -> m -> cloth shi -> 30
x4million

EDIT:

I've had this just happen; I had a wild Draltha in a cage that had babies. So all were wild. So I thought "s**t i better train these and butcher appropriately" So trained all of them. The babies are now <tame> even though they were wild to begin with. SO I guess they take on the mothers' training status(even the changes) after they're born?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:38:20 pm by lemmily »
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2012, 06:56:39 pm »

I love the new animal system, as great as bugfixes are there's nothing I love more than something that will suddenly and without warning fuck up your day.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »

Oh, and carving forks are hilariously awesome. Contact area 1 for the win. I did an arena match of 50 steel-clad unskilled hammerdwarves vs 50 steel-clad unskilled forkdwarves. Forkdwarves won with 34 survivors, and only a couple of the remainder were on the ground due to broken limbs. Trading with the humans for all the iron carving forks they bring, anyone?
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]