Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945142 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5220 on: December 11, 2013, 02:30:58 pm »

What happened to the server? :(

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: December 11, 2013, 02:40:27 pm »

I was just thinking. with all this procedurally generated stuff. What are the odds I will find a gun that shoots knives?
That's the holy grail of FPS guns, since typically a knife does far more damage than even an assault rifle, so a gun that shoots knives would be the best thing ever! Combining the range and rate of fire of a gun, with the obscene damage of a knife ...
I believe that'd be called a "repeating crossbow".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: December 11, 2013, 02:41:02 pm »

Yeah I can't rejoin either.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: December 11, 2013, 02:48:09 pm »

I'm planning to make an "Artisan's Table" to craft all the various blocks instead off looting everything including the building to build it. Anyone know what good item already existing in the game to use as it's crafting station?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: December 11, 2013, 02:49:14 pm »

The bot builder?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: December 11, 2013, 02:52:32 pm »

Give me a picture or atleast it's name in the asset file so I can look at it.

Edit. Looked at the Meat folder and planning to make a Genetic station as well.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:54:08 pm by majikero »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: December 11, 2013, 03:21:13 pm »

I was just thinking. with all this procedurally generated stuff. What are the odds I will find a gun that shoots knives?
That's the holy grail of FPS guns, since typically a knife does far more damage than even an assault rifle, so a gun that shoots knives would be the best thing ever! Combining the range and rate of fire of a gun, with the obscene damage of a knife ...
Crossbow bolts are hardly knifelike, I'm talking like, Bowie knives. A crossbow bolt usually has a small to non-existent arrowhead. And arrowheads are more like spear-tips than knives.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: December 11, 2013, 03:22:29 pm »

Welp, Forsaken's Starbound server is down, as is the SS13 server. NOW WHAT AM I TO DO WITH MY LIFE.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: December 11, 2013, 03:24:45 pm »

Welp, Forsaken's Starbound server is down, as is the SS13 server. NOW WHAT AM I TO DO WITH MY LIFE.
WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T GO OUTSIDE. IT IS AN AWFUL, BRIGHT, BURNING PLACE.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: December 11, 2013, 03:27:06 pm »

I think this moon I'm one may have been bombarded from orbit or something. There are vertical columns of some dark stone cutting through the ice and snow, the tooltip for the stone says that it is created through intense heat, there are abandoned settlements scattered here and there, and the next moon over has a small group of avians hiding in a natural cave. I think they were the survivors  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: December 11, 2013, 03:32:54 pm »

Really hoping the "all planet difficulties are the same in a sector" change is temporary. It's completely killed exploration on the multiplayer server I play on, and has turned the game into a very linear resource grind in order to get to the next sector.

Additionally or alternatively, I hope that the whole sector concept is moddable. I'm not sure if I like the idea of sectors being locked by quests or grind items.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:36:26 pm by PrimusRibbus »
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: December 11, 2013, 03:40:43 pm »

Really hoping the "all planet difficulties are the same in a sector" change is temporary. It's completely killed exploration on the multiplayer server I play on, and has turned the game into a very linear resource grind in order to get to the next sector.

Additionally or alternatively, I hope that the whole sector concept is moddable. I'm not sure if I like the idea of sectors being locked by quests or grind items.
*sigh*

The difficulty curve is exactly the same, the only difference is that there are fewer groups. All of the difficulties between level 1-10 are now encompassed by level 1; you can find mobs that would have previously been classified as "level 10" on level one worlds just as much as ones that would have been "level one". I've seen a wide range of mobs from ones to barely hurt me up to ones that take a third of my life with one hit (not counting birds) in the same sector, and occasionally even on the same planet.

Crossbow bolts are hardly knifelike, I'm talking like, Bowie knives. A crossbow bolt usually has a small to non-existent arrowhead. And arrowheads are more like spear-tips than knives.
I found a pistol that shoots cannonballs at some Beta-sector skypirate ship's QM, so it's within the realm of possibility.  ;)

@Sirus: I found a massive Avian village with a market district and ~15 vendors, but only four of them actually had merchandise, that's why I asked. I'm assuming that the others are just shop types that aren't implemented yet. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: December 11, 2013, 03:41:27 pm »

Made throwing daggers and javelin craftable but they hit 15 and 20 respectively. A bit OP for tier 1 equips. Right now, 5 daggers cost 1 iron and 25 pix and 5 javelin cost 1 iron and 5 wood blocks and 50 pix.

What do you think?

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: December 11, 2013, 03:46:25 pm »

*sigh*

The difficulty curve is exactly the same, the only difference is that there are fewer groups. All of the difficulties between level 1-10 are now encompassed by level 1; you can find mobs that would have previously been classified as "level 10" on level one worlds just as much as ones that would have been "level one". I've seen a wide range of mobs from ones to barely hurt me up to ones that take a third of my life with one hit (not counting birds) in the same sector, and occasionally even on the same planet.

I have really not found this to be the case. The actual difficulty of planets that I've explored is fairly homogeneous in each non-end game sector, particularly since I've found weapon drops on my starting planet with every character I've made that easily deal with any monster in the sector.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: December 11, 2013, 03:47:17 pm »

Awww.. No SB for me tonite... server seems down :(
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 565