Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 328808 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #3555 on: December 29, 2013, 11:12:56 am »

Now you are talking some sense. People would still be reluctant but we could gain a few humans, probably low quality trash types though.
Still leaving my vote where it is.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:16:08 am by Cain12 »

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: December 29, 2013, 11:37:51 am »

We need to get people soon. We publicly announced that we are undead Hitler and we want to eat everyone, the sooner we start recruiting the more effective that will be.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: December 29, 2013, 12:32:42 pm »

You are using meta/outsider knowledge to justify the action. That doesn't counter anything, I still disagree with the action regardless for reasons stated.
And since you have chose to fall back on meta/outsider knowledge I presume you ran out of ways to actually justify the action.
If it's stated before the spoiler tag, it's stuff that the character knows.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: December 29, 2013, 12:34:15 pm »

I was referring to "The knit wants us to save her part" Am aware we know we can safe her, that has no bearing. Which admittedly isn't meta,
Edit: So refer to outside knowledge, that:
I don't think he would have said that or even let her live if he didn't want us to spare her.
That isn't something Zero knows, I would think.
Edit:Sorry, should have been clearer about that.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:48:32 pm by Cain12 »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: December 29, 2013, 12:45:26 pm »

I was referring to "The knit wants us to save her part" Am aware we know we can safe her, that has no bearing. Which admittedly isn't meta,
Edit: So refer to outside knowledge, that:
I don't think he would have said that or even let her live if he didn't want us to spare her.
That isn't something Zero knows, I would think.
Ah okay, you meant the motive, not the means.
Yeah, there's no real reason to save her, unless it's to make Paco look bad. Even then we could just kill her and let whoever would care that Paco did it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: December 29, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »

I'm sorry but I find the prospect of the girl actually hanging around us instead of fleeing at the first chance possible to be incredibly unlikely.

Imaginary scenario:
Pirates take over your ship and kill almost everyone on it but keep some alive to use as slaves and to guard the ship. At some point, you get hurt and the pirates give you medical attention.

Now be honest and picture yourself in that situation. Would you seriously forgive the pirates for kidnapping you and killing off a large number of people who had been on the boat with you, many of which could have been your friends, just because they gave you medical attention? That's like forgiving them just because they've been feeding you. Barring Stockholm syndrome, it doesn't really make sense and most people would see that it's just because the captors need them for something. As such, I'm pretty sure that most people would attempt to escape as soon as possible regardless of having been given medical attention.

Now that aside, I actually agree that we need to recruit people but now is not the time. We have no base of operations to hold prisoners and no one here who has any sanity would want to stick around and work for us willingly without trying to escape.

The only reason we might want to keep her alive is if we need her to do something on the ship. Even then, I'd recommend infection for everyone when the ship docks.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: December 29, 2013, 01:54:10 pm »

Compliance =/= forgiveness.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: December 29, 2013, 02:11:28 pm »

True but barring that little tiny aspect of my argument, would you stick around with the kidnappers if you had a chance to escape?

Even if she acts like she's compliant with Zero, there's already been a situation like this before where a prisoner feigned cooperation and then made away because there was too much trust put in her.
Sure thing peanut man!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: December 29, 2013, 02:44:46 pm »

Actually a ship would be a pretty good base. No one can get to it on land or with land vehicles. And unless I missed something zombies don't really need to breath so the only one we need to keep precautions for the boat sinking is TW. (Again I may have missed a bit that disproved that theory.)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: December 29, 2013, 02:50:44 pm »

I'm almost certain that at some point we found we need to breathe. Most zombies don't but Zero does.
Sure thing peanut man!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: December 29, 2013, 02:56:51 pm »

So just as long as we keep lifeboats around and any other on board defenses we can get we'll be golden on the base thing.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: December 29, 2013, 05:43:53 pm »

True but barring that little tiny aspect of my argument, would you stick around with the kidnappers if you had a chance to escape? When there are thousands of guards how would you get a chance to escape?

Even if she acts like she's compliant with Zero, there's already been a situation like this before where a prisoner feigned cooperation and then made away because there was too much trust put in her. The kidnappers made the mistake of trusting her, we aren't that stupid.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: December 29, 2013, 05:55:30 pm »

Actually, we have been that stupid. Multiple times. Sasha was one, and the other was the scientist at one of the SHM facilities.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: December 29, 2013, 06:05:36 pm »

Hopefully we have learned from our mistakes, even if we didn't we have several advantages.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: December 29, 2013, 09:01:47 pm »

Yeah a ship would be an alright base, zombies can go a year/a while without food (IIRC, not ideal but they can at least go a while like that if food gets low) apparently so we wouldn't even need to stock more than enough to feed our self and others that need to eat to stay sane and alive.

But once that ship is found it will be blown sky high, and we will be in the ocean.
Would rather have a land base, underground or moving even.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 257