Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 329283 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #2310 on: May 23, 2013, 10:14:44 pm »

MARCH ON WASHINGTON! APPEAL FOR ZOMBIE RIGHTS!

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 23, 2013, 11:27:00 pm »

Yeah, +1 to all zombie roll call ideas.
I...don't think marching on washington would be the best idea right now.
Diplomacy tends to work best when you have a bigger force than the other person's.
We also need to get logistics done (sigh.)  How many zombies can a human population of a certain size keep alive, sustainibly?  And all that jazz.
It's probably not going to go this far, but...  Zombie space fleet.  Colonizing alien worlds.
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 24, 2013, 05:14:01 am »

I agree. Let's get a head count.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 26, 2013, 01:57:10 pm »

Recording one:
My name is lieutenant Diane Mcgunnery, and due to a new policy from Small Horse Healthcare, I am forced to keep a record while we attempt to counter-attack the undead menace. I must gather up any intel I can find, save as many survivors as possible and attempt to capture the leader and accomplices alive. Currently, I am still on the way to the battlefield, and to be frank, I don't believe these reports about the different zombies. Brutes with muscles larger then their skin allows? Sentient undead children? Projectile vomit that functions like acid? All of this seems wild. And my collage degree says that all of it it impossible. Still, I get paid for this...

Recording two:
Boy, don't I feel like a fool. As it turns out, all of those reports are true. The spitting things are rare, but the brutes most certainly exist. They can take up quite some gunfire, too. Fortunately, they go down when their head pops like everything else. Currently, we are on the move and-
Please stop talking when we're *huff* running... I'm tired enough as is!
That's your problem, private, don't interrupt me! Anyways, we are still on the move, utilizing our main advantage against these hordes. Speed. holding your ground may seem effective, but once they get overrun, the loss of life isn't really worth it, running and shooting both kills and allows us to - shit!
A loud roar, and gunfire follows. After the tape falls quiet again, the luitenant sounds more annoyed if anything.
Private Redfield didn't get the memo on running and shooting at the same time. Dumbass...
Fall back to the mansion over there!

Recording three
Hello, Small Horse Healthcare. Good to see you got a little faster with reacting. Sadly, they picked the wrong place to bunker down. I tore them apart, just like you tore me apart inside. I'll do you a favor, as much as it makes me gag, and still give you your precious "intel". I am currently walking through a conquered town, and see your little army crushed. The reports about the zombies are just as you think, and worse. The leader is smart, and lucky. And I am breaking free of your indoctrination, you bitch. Even if it is slow. I'll be sending this back with a survivor. You'll find his arm taped to his back.

You, meanwhile, managed to level up, and took over the town. You have a pretty fukkin' huge horde now, but there is the trouble of many survivors remaining.
The amount of zombies you have causes you to not give a rat's ass about it though. Your main issue is commanding these chumps.

Level up, wooptiedoo

Perks:

Release the Beast: Turn into a badass mutant whenever you rage, increasing your attack power and resistance to harm majorly.
Claws: Self-explanitory
Increased general muscle-mass: again, self-explanitory.
Bone armor: Makes your bones function as armor, but removes all credibility with looking human.
Twitchy: You gain the ability to move very fast, but you can't really control the direction when doing so.
magic resistance: what do you think?

Horde perks
Faster: Everthing is faster, meaning the shambling hordes are now at brisk walking pace instead.
Horde tactics: Your hordes do strategies such as surrounding them or blocking off exits automatically, now.
Claws: Everything gains shard little claws, except for brutes, who basically gain organic knuckle-dusters, and Banshees, who already have claws.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 26, 2013, 02:34:46 pm »

I think that went well. I say you guys should take extra muscle mass and horde tactics, also you should find a megaphone to make controlling the horde really easy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: May 26, 2013, 02:44:35 pm »

I'd say Release the Beast(been playing Kreig huh? :P) and horde tactics
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: May 26, 2013, 03:39:15 pm »

MAGIC RESISTANCE. LIKE, ASAP. Theresa still has her outbursts of mind control and we don't want none of that. But does the perk also prevent healing? Or is it against stuff we don't want only? If it's against everything then it might be a bad idea, but the benefits at the moment would be massive.
Also, faster. Apparently running and gunning is still viable. That needs to be fixed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2317 on: May 26, 2013, 03:42:00 pm »

I think that went well. I say you guys should take extra muscle mass and horde tactics, also you should find a megaphone to make controlling the horde really easy.
+1

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: May 26, 2013, 03:49:14 pm »

Horde speed, and muscle mass. Get rid of the ability to run and gun. Also, Theresa is PISSED OFF apparently. Removed arm? Ouch!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: May 26, 2013, 03:50:57 pm »

It may well be that he lost his arm anyway, and she just taped it on so they could reattach it later. After all, she seems to have a soft spot for the injured.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: May 26, 2013, 03:55:17 pm »

Magic resistance and faster horde. I'm not going to risk pissing off Theresa.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2321 on: May 26, 2013, 03:57:33 pm »

MAGIC RESISTANCE. LIKE, ASAP. Theresa still has her outbursts of mind control and we don't want none of that. But does the perk also prevent healing? Or is it against stuff we don't want only? If it's against everything then it might be a bad idea, but the benefits at the moment would be massive.
Also, faster. Apparently running and gunning is still viable. That needs to be fixed.
+1 for the magic resistance part.
For the horde, I say tactics. Large number of units will be easier to control if they have more brain. And more brain means they would be able to counteract all of their other disadvantages, not just the speed one.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: May 26, 2013, 04:11:10 pm »

Don't we have a megaphone already?  I think the OP mentioned it in an earlier post.
Oh, and OP-  you often ask for critique on your work.  Well, I think that we're missing sime information here.  I think now that we have a larger horde, we need an idea of the surrounding area-  some kind of map or description of... Stuff.  The lay of the land, the locations of towns and cities.  I mean, where are we even?  In america, that is.  (I assume we're in america :P)
Your dialogue and general writing is good, and the journal format is a nice perspective change.  Howeer, I think Diane and mrs.  Crazyelf deserve some more screentime talking to the protagonist.  Particularly Diane, she hasn't talked for pages.  I would suggest alternating between describing the grand movements of our horde and the personal !!Drama!!  and condition of our little, merry band of psychopaths at this point.  But that's just a suggestion.
I like this thread a lot and commend you for your good work so far ;) 

Back to our plans;  tactics for the horde!  Either release the beast or magic resist depending on whether magic resist blocks everything, or just negative effects.  Next, we need to find Bennie.  Check if he hasn't been hiding in plain sight all this time.
Are we in a new town now?  Or was this just a retelling of what happened last time?
It may be time to repeat our experiment with human livestock.  I suggest raiding a dairy ranch for some cows.  They'll give the humans (and maybe zeds) sustenance, and something to do.  Grab a group of maybe 20 humans next time we raid a town.  We should find a suitable location for them.  But don't reveal anything to mrs. Elfy, we can't trust her completely yet.  She'll probably just mind read it off of us anyway, but still.

Use google.  Where exactly are we in the world?  What's the biggest city in a 100 mile radius?  How much do people know about us?

Give an actor a mobile phone, and send them off to a far- away city.  Any one, doesn't matter.  We just need to remember to check up on them this time -_-
If my posts are eye-wateringly long, just say and I'll try to be more concise in future.
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 27, 2013, 01:01:50 am »

Magic Resistance if the resistance applies to enemy magic only (or at least, can be lowered at will).  If it will interfere with receiving magical aid, go for Release The Beast instead.  Any improvement in our ability to survive punishment is welcome, so long as it doesn't screw up our ability to pass for human when we need to.  We don't need increased brute strength all the time, that's not how we fight anyway.

The horde needs Horde Tactics.  It's already big enough to be hard to micromanage, and ideally it will only be getting bigger.  Giving them a semi-autonomous organization ability would make our existence easier.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: May 27, 2013, 05:55:54 am »

Well, I'd like to argue for the sake of increased muscle mass. Release the beast is nice and all but flying into a rage and becoming a super monster guy once a day is nice and most people won't see it coming, increasing muscle mass also add some things that are useful past bashing people about. What if we need to run away and there is only a wall preventing that, with increased muscle mass means we could knock it down or just jump over it. Release the beast is something probably would have been used while we were in a position to fight. Also going to immortal rage mode is really draining.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 257