Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 329014 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #1710 on: January 07, 2013, 09:36:30 am »

Oh! I was just reading back, and apparently cutie marks show on the shoulder, so we should check Subject TWs shoulders. Also, maybe Sasha could help with the mental problems of being used as a processor core for a computing system? And we have made references to various gods, like the 31st god of krogoth or something, at various points in the story. What are those?

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 07, 2013, 11:25:32 am »

Right, the 32 gods are a quick joke i made but then i decided to keep the gods in as very vague religion.
Alternative universe, alternative religion. I can't really explain it as i really just make jokes about gods whenever i find it to be appropriate.
Also, I'm retconning the cutie marks thing. I didn't remember that i did that and it seems like a very stupid idea. Though i will use MLP characters here and there i want to prevent people who dislike the show to be annoyed by constant references.

Looking back, I am almost ashamed at how bad this thing was in the beginning, and I really acted like a dick multiple times.
Sorry about that.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 08, 2013, 03:38:53 pm »

You shoot the speaker the computer voice was coming out of, and the alarms that came from it dies with it.
Diane looks positively enraged and then tells you to give it to Snowflake for safe-keeping. It takes a surprising amount of trouble to find him amidst the horde.
You give him the orders to hold on to the girl and to keep her safe. He looks at her for a bit, then handles her with a surprising amount of care for a huge skinless brute. He stays at the back the horde.
You get to the front of the horde again, and you and Diane continue through the base. The lights flicker for a bit, and lots of the technological things here seem to work on backup computers and generators. at least, they don't work quite as well.

Eventually, you arrive to the biological labs. You open the door and get greeted with a barricade, and multiple guards and scientists.
You jump back in surprise, and manage to avoid damage. This is most certainly a problem. You close the electronic doors before too many of your zombies die.
You lose more then you'd like. Around 15.
How to deal with this?

Health:Alright.
Energy:that point where you are yawning but aren't really sleepy yet.
Armor: Bulletproof vest, strong pants, good stompin' boots.
Infectivity 31%
Hunger: Fed.
Durability level 2.5
Inventory:5 Biobombs. 28 worms.Smith & Wesson Model 500 (loaded), 10 .50 caliber bullets,  4 ammo boxes of .50 cal ammo. MP5SFA3,  3 clips.
Gun experience: Can hit stuff.
Safe-house security:None.
Rage: Used for today.

90-ish normals ,30 armored,10 actors,Snowflake, One Banshee, one Giggleman. Blood-wing. 1 brute.
Closest Friend: Diane
Friend:Bennie
Paternal relationship: Katey.
Broken hostages:Sasha Kriloff.(away)
I think.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 08, 2013, 03:42:42 pm »

Open, throw a bio bomb, close.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 08, 2013, 04:06:25 pm »

Sounds good.

I noticed that Blood Wing is back on our horde list too, was he gone before?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 08, 2013, 06:42:04 pm »

Open the door a crack, then stick MP5 barrel in and spray. Hope to hit something. Or throw a biobomb, duck behind the door and wait for it to go off, then have zombies run in and infect while they are still dealing with the skellies and suchlike created.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 08, 2013, 06:45:16 pm »

Open the door a crack, then stick MP5 barrel in and spray. Hope to hit something. Or throw a biobomb, duck behind the door and wait for it to go off, then have zombies run in and infect while they are still dealing with the skellies and suchlike created.
It's an electric controlled door, so it pretty much is either shut or open, no partial opening.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1717 on: January 09, 2013, 04:21:28 am »

Tell the zombies to stand near the walls of the hallway. Don't want to loose more.

It's an electric controlled door, so it pretty much is either shut or open, no partial opening.
You can always smash the controls or something and then use brute force to operate it.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 09, 2013, 06:01:52 am »

You can always smash the controls or something and then use brute force to operate it.
Or you could smash the controls and lock youreself out, metal doors are heavy.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 09, 2013, 10:14:01 am »

Hmm. OOH! Jam the door shut, then use the magic cut-everything knife to cut a firing slit. Then, get shooting!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 09, 2013, 11:04:37 am »

I like cutting a firing slit (through the wall, if possible) but throw a biobomb through first.  I'm wary of breaking the door mechanism even though we have the knife.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 09, 2013, 04:22:03 pm »

You tell the zombies to get back and you pull out one of your bombs. Diane is smart enough to go hide as well.
The button is pressed, and before you can even throw your bomb, machine gun fire launches through damaging the hell out of the walls and, thankfully, nothing else.
This continues for a bit and then they fall quiet. They don't say anything, and you then throw a bomb. You take another shot to the arm (god-damn, that stings) but manage to get the biobomb in there.
It bursts, and some screaming is soon followed. your horde rushes from around the corner, into the door.
Multiple gunshots sound, and more screaming before a loud female voice screams for them to fall back. A look grants you the sight of a small fire team of 4 people making a strategic retreat.

Four players? That will be trouble. Four survivors are ALWAYS a problem for zombies. You look around the lab for a bit, and manage to find the jackpot!
A glass tube containing two worms of the same kind that bit your hand and gave you a minor case of dead! You can't help but smile, but notice there's a sort of lock on it.
A coughing from behind you causes you to turn around and see that "Subject TW" is awake. She's being held up by Snowflake and she's shaking from the aftereffects of the drugs.
S-subject Zero-T-two. Y-You shouldn't try to...She seems to fase out for a bit.Break that... It'll kill specimens 159 through a sort of acid.
...How do you know this, why are you helping me, and what's your name while we're at it?
My name's.... Subject TW for as far as they let me remember. I know who you are because they used me as the central computer here. They made me compute and power everything in this complex. There's an over-ride terminal in the admini..adminihhh... She collapses with a gasp.
Snowflake quickly grabs her, looking about as worried a skinless brute can look like. He carries her in his arms again. It's strangely heartwarming.

Fuckers.... You jump back in surprise to the sudden voice from behind you.
How could they do this!? They will suffer for as long as I capable of! Diane yells at nothing in particular.
What now?

Health:Alright.
Energy:that point where you are yawning but aren't really sleepy yet.
Armor: Bulletproof vest, strong pants, good stompin' boots.
Infectivity 31%
Hunger: Fed.
Durability level 2.5
Inventory:4 Biobombs. 28 worms.Smith & Wesson Model 500 (loaded), 10 .50 caliber bullets,  4 ammo boxes of .50 cal ammo. MP5SFA3,  3 clips.
Gun experience: Can hit stuff.
Safe-house security:None.
Rage: Used for today.

90-ish normals ,30 armored,10 actors,Snowflake, One Banshee, one Giggleman. Blood-wing. 1 brute.
Closest Friend: Diane
Friend:Bennie
Paternal relationship: Katey.
Broken hostages:Sasha Kriloff.(away)

EDIT: Made it a bit more clear that Snowflake wasn't talking.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:11:06 am by Kitten Snot »
I think.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 09, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »

Get Diane to get away with the worms, we cant risk them breaking.
So how are you today?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 09, 2013, 05:16:50 pm »

Why not giggleman? He's less useful, and is also annoying.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 09, 2013, 05:22:17 pm »

Froim the sound of it, we need to access the admin terminal to override the lock they have on the worms(otherwise attempting to get them now makes them go poof). So, try to get elf girl coherent and talking so we can get info on where it is and the override commands(and take her with us afterwards).

Oh, and we should leave a significant portion of the horde behind to guard the worms so they don't get any "bright" ideas of simply destroying them while we get to the terminal(if it's not in the same room as the worms ofc).

After that, well, we make their suffering legendary, even in he-woops, wrong show, but seriously, we make them suffer while asking "Forcing an innocent girl to be a living computer?! And you call US the monsters!"

BTW, this plot twist has me going "Bravo!" KS
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 257