Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: My lungs are dirty, and I can't get them clean!  (Read 9940 times)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Re: My lungs are dirty, and I can't get them clean!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 03:07:16 am »

Have him inhale magma mist. Burns the blood right off.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 04:16:35 am »

Vaporize some soap
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 08:18:36 am »

Threads like these are what made me play DF in the first place.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 08:21:42 am »

The fort needs a resident Necromancer/Chief medical dwarf for these issues.

KHALIMAAA! KHALIMAAAA! *Scrub scrub scrub* AAAAAAMILAHK! AAAAAAMILAHK! Good as new Urist McTraumatised
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 08:58:15 am »

Arguably, lungs should clean themselves, by coughing and/or the action of the cilia lining the airways.  The DF raws appear to have a provision for this. Maybe if you add something like:

Code: [Select]
[BP_RELATION:BY_TOKEN:RLUNG:CLEANS:RLUNG:100]
[BP_RELATION:BY_TOKEN:LLUNG:CLEANS:LLUNG:100]

to one of the appropriate BODY_DETAIL_PLAN entries then this problem would resolve itself?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 09:04:58 am »

go to raw, remove the lug from dwarf creature definition. Turn on the game, load and move by one turn. Save and add that lung back in. He suddenly and magically has a new pair of healthy lung.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:23 am »

go to raw, remove the lug from dwarf creature definition. Turn on the game, load and move by one turn. Save and add that lung back in. He suddenly and magically has a new pair of healthy lung.

Wait, so mid fight I could suddenly make my Dwarves sprout massive blades on their noses?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 09:10:23 am »

Wait, so mid fight I could suddenly make my Dwarves sprout massive blades on their noses?

Adamantine beard, monofillament weapon.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 09:17:06 am »

Adamantine beard, monofillament weapon.

That weapon idea is made of win right there. TO BEARDS BROTHERS!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 09:37:16 am »

Hes a good Warrior. Brave and Strong. You should make Him a Noble, so He can be Useful!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 09:55:43 am »

Arguably, lungs should clean themselves, by coughing and/or the action of the cilia lining the airways.  The DF raws appear to have a provision for this. Maybe if you add something like:

Code: [Select]
[BP_RELATION:BY_TOKEN:RLUNG:CLEANS:RLUNG:100]
[BP_RELATION:BY_TOKEN:LLUNG:CLEANS:LLUNG:100]

to one of the appropriate BODY_DETAIL_PLAN entries then this problem would resolve itself?

I think the syndrome may also include CE_COUGH_BLOOD, which would refresh the blood coating in the lungs whenever it gets cleaned off, regardless of lung damage.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 01:18:52 pm »

I found it amusing that he is an ardent worshipper of Ebsas Smilejuggle the Girlish Dress.

tivec

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 01:26:04 pm »

A lot of creative ways of cleaning his lungs, I must say. Posts like this makes my day complete :) Question is, can a Dwarf live if you sever a lung? It is technically possible but I don't know what the raws say here...
Urist McDoctor recommends a healthy magma bath to minimize the risk for infection.

In one fort I had war elephants riding camels into battle. I can imagine the war elephants taming them simply by picking them up and dropping them in a coral. I still don't understand how you can fit a few ton elephant onto camel though.

Check out my Let's Play on my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/thetivec

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 01:43:04 pm »

ive been reminded of the bit in a discworld book where the mad guy is trying to clean the blod off after he murders the king, and he cant seem to get it off. he then gets files and sandpaper, etc. does df have files?
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 01:45:20 pm »

ive been reminded of the bit in a discworld book where the mad guy is trying to clean the blod off after he murders the king, and he cant seem to get it off. he then gets files and sandpaper, etc. does df have files?

How does he get the file into his lung though?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4