Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43

Author Topic: Ahhh I can not take it anymore! I would like the new DF release!  (Read 94534 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Ahhh I can not take it anymore! I would like the new DF release!
« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2012, 04:46:03 pm »

Where can I find out what the new release will have?

Here's the unofficial list that most people refer to: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u8jibE1TV7BAwAI2b4TzRkWFlBboLiXMrVBhYmDYPhI&pli=1

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 09, 2012, 05:18:19 pm »

I have 42 bucks lined up in my paypal for when he releases it.

twichyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 09, 2012, 08:36:10 pm »

Only 7 left! at this rate it could be released as early as Saturday! but that's probably just wishful thinking lol

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 09, 2012, 08:43:16 pm »

Only 7 left! at this rate it could be released as early as Saturday! but that's probably just wishful thinking lol
I bet on sunday

right when fucking uni starts again
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 09, 2012, 08:44:06 pm »

Since ToadyOne considered 3 a lot of bugs to be completed in a single day, I expect that 2 for a single day is the average. I will also guess that every other day a new bug will be discovered. If we use these assumptions, than every day ToadyOne will fix 1.5 bugs.
Finally, we must consider that there will be at least a day where ToadyOne takes a break.

With these assumptions, we can attempt too conclude that

1+(1.5/7)= 5.666...

In which case, the DF release will come out on Wednesday next week.

I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

twichyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2012, 08:48:56 pm »

Since ToadyOne considered 3 a lot of bugs to be completed in a single day, I expect that 2 for a single day is the average. I will also guess that every other day a new bug will be discovered. If we use these assumptions, than every day ToadyOne will fix 1.5 bugs.
Finally, we must consider that there will be at least a day where ToadyOne takes a break.

With these assumptions, we can attempt too conclude that

1+(1.5/7)= 5.666...

In which case, the DF release will come out on Wednesday next week.

Dang you and your fancy math!

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2012, 09:32:38 pm »

Indeed.  It is my secret hope to kick a chunk of its ass tonight.  Then there will be like 7.
and somehow that got us to seven.
As the Toad prophecied, so did it come to pass.

kingofthescots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2012, 09:35:11 pm »

I actually hope he does release it on Wednesday. 2 midterms and a paper due this week, and it'll all be over by Wednesday, giving me lots of time to do horrible horrible things to Goblins, Elves, Humans, Dwarves and now the undead versions of them!

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2012, 09:38:16 pm »

1+(1.5/7)= 5.666...
I think you mean 1+7/1.5 = 5.666...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 09, 2012, 09:54:00 pm »

If Toady manages to squash bugs at 3/day then we might actually have the release by Sunday, assuming ThreeToe doesn't find more (which he will :()

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 09, 2012, 09:57:31 pm »

At this rate we'll be down to 12 things on the list by next tuesday!

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 09, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »

Going by the devlog, the number of issues solved by day in the last week or so is as follows:
3 - 02
4 - 03
1 - 04
2 - 05
(0) - 06 -- tested TTF this day; I'm ignoring it.
3 - 07
6 - 08
3 - 09

That's an average of a little over 3 per day... Of course that doesn't include the rate that issues are added. Asrsuming ThreeToe doesn't find more than 2 issues in three days, the release is on track to be released Sunday. Monday is probably a safe bet, given how these estimates tend to underestimate more than overestimate.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:27 pm »

I think you guys and gals are not giving ThreeToe enough credit with his ability to find new bugs.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 09, 2012, 11:14:12 pm »

Its kind of annoying since new bugs will come out even after the version is released(and it won't include fixing dungeon master), so now it feels like I'm being tortured  :( Dang obsessions/addictions...

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 09, 2012, 11:22:58 pm »

There will always be bug fixes and minor changes to follow a critical release but by stomping down as many bugs as possible it will help keep reporting on known issues to a minimum.  If the release hits with too many known bugs the bug tracker would just get swamped by people with duplicate reports and that will just create more work sorting and deleting redundancies.

Trying to be a productive member of society while the release is on its way is difficult but that will just mean more time to throw away once it hits.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43