Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: Ahhh I can not take it anymore! I would like the new DF release!  (Read 94569 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Ahhh I can not take it anymore! I would like the new DF release!
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2012, 12:04:14 am »

It is set in stone. There will be a mass suicide via self-immolation by magma at midnight on Wednesday if the next version isn't released by then.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2012, 12:04:35 am »

If people are predicting Wednesday for an initial release does that mean it's possible to have the next stable release finished before March comes?  I know there were a few waves of bug fixes between the last major release and the current version (0.31.19? and 0.31.25) but I wasn't around enough back then to know how long those updates took.

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2012, 12:28:36 am »

Sure, for certain values of "stable". Based on the last wave of releases, I see the schedule going like this:

1) DF 2012 released.
2) A week or so of daily or bidaily releases, fixing major bugs (that render the game unplayable) that popped up with the new version
3) 1 or 2 weeks of weekly releases fixing more minor bugs from DF 2012.
4) 1 or 2 weeks of weekly releases fixing long-standing bugs from the current version and before (clothing bugs? I hope so!)
5) Work begins on Release 2, which hopefully will take a month or two, not ten(?) like this one.

So, by the end of February, most of the crash bugs should be ironed out, but it'll probably still be fairly buggy. I wouldn't look for a version with the stability of .31.25 before April.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:30:29 am by Silophant »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2012, 02:22:52 am »

Also, holy damn i successfully trolled, IM'A SO HAPPEH.

And you managed to alienate the community.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2012, 02:28:44 am »

Please, merciful Toad,
Release it on my Birthday,
Eighth of Febu'ry. :D

I would shout, loudly,
Jump up and down in delight,
At such a great gift!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Squidpalace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2012, 02:47:06 am »

I was just reading through old devlogs as a lot of us must be doing when I came across Toady's link to this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2525.0 It is a real gem, somewhat similar to this one but from almost 8 years ago.

I haven't finished reading through it, but it chronicles the 2 year wait leading up to the original release. Toady makes some pretty funny predictions concerning release date like "it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able..." and even guesses wildly at 8 years, which will be this September lol. It's also nice to see the younger Toady so active on the forums, cracking jokes and taking part in the thread banter.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:31:55 pm by Squidpalace »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 06, 2012, 06:24:01 am »

I was just reading through old devlogs as a lot of us must be doing when I came across Toady's link to this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2525.0 It is a real gem, somewhat similar to this one but from almost 8 years ago.

I haven't finished reading through it, but it chronicles the 2 year wait leading up to the original release. Toady makes some pretty funny predictions concerning release date like "it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able..." and even guesses wildly at 8 years, which will be this august lol. It's also nice to see the younger Toady so active on the forums, cracking jokes and taking part in the thread banter.

Heh, good old times. I was a lurker in this forum for a long time. I can't believe I missed that.

Check this out for more nostalgia.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_single.html

I hope we can do it all in the end.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:25:55 am by Leatra »

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2012, 12:21:20 pm »

In a stroke of amazing coincidence, I am ordering my new computer this week.

It would be great if I got my fancy new gaming computer on the same day the DF release came out. :D

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2012, 12:46:30 pm »

In a stroke of amazing coincidence, I am ordering my new computer this week.

It would be great if I got my fancy new gaming computer on the same day the DF release came out. :D
The first thing I did when I got my new comp was to dl df and test my 250+ dwarf fort as benchmark. From 9fps to 39fps. You simply must play df as the first thing you do when you get it all set!

It is set in stone. There will be a mass suicide via self-immolation by magma at midnight on Wednesday if the next version isn't released by then.
It's a deal!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2012, 01:05:02 pm »

Good luck finding magma. Lava is relatively common, but one can't find magma anywhere.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2012, 04:15:43 pm »

For next realease I propose a friendly pool. Everyone guesses a day of the month it's supposed to come out. Half the pot goes to the winner, the other half to donations. Maybe like five dollars each? Then again that's only as long as Toady would promise not to play favorites. Would anyone be interested?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2012, 04:26:44 pm »

You mean for the next major release? I'd probably be in.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2012, 05:24:22 pm »

Good luck finding magma. Lava is relatively common, but one can't find magma anywhere.

We could always find some tetrahedrite, make a limestone forge and begin making copper picks.

Then, we dig.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2012, 05:33:25 pm »

We could always find some tetrahedrite, make a limestone forge and begin making copper picks.

Then, we dig.

And on the 21st of December the demons devour the last human being.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2012, 05:51:26 pm »

Then, we dig.

And on the 21st of December the demons devour the last human being.

I'd say it's a successful mass suicide if we take the human civilisation down with us!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43