Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What the cloth.  (Read 3601 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: What the cloth.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 10:51:52 am »

Make cloaks. Those can sometimes block freaking WARHAMMERS.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 12:29:18 pm »

this, however beware if a BC manages to grab that cloak *shudders*

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »

Looms are a liability unless you immediately order up one of each type of job and suspend it so more jobs can't be auto-generated. Otherwise, they use up all the thread for the hospital and weavers go on suicide missions to the caverns to collect webs.

Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 01:15:16 pm »

don't process pig tails or rope read at the workshop, end of problem
I dont have either of those things. Thats why Im confoozled :P

No thread of any kind?  Loom not set to autoweave the thread?  If not, I am as confuzzled as you are.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 01:20:37 pm »

Cloth Crafts - insane value.

Or red cloaks.

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 02:37:23 pm »

It sounds like it's auto-gathering silk and making that into cloth. An easy way to fix this is to either turn off auto-collecting, or set it to use dyed cloth / thread only. Hit 'o' and play around with the settings.
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 04:12:00 pm »

Pro-tipsauce - Go into the (o)rders menu and set the loom to auto-loom dyed thread only. Then have your laziest dorf dye it up

As for disposal of cloth, Set custom cloth only stockpiles, custom crappy clothing stockpiles, and some clothesmakers workshops near your entrance/trade depot. Mass decorate everything and trade away.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 04:34:54 pm »

Wasn't the ‼solution‼ already mentioned?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »

Bags, ropes for wells, cat bait, and traction benches, and make the rest into socks so dwarves leave their dirty damn socks all over the fortress.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 06:47:58 pm »

Make cloaks, give every militia dwarf six cloaks to wear on top of their armor.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 07:52:50 pm »

Aye, twas My first thought. But this is meant to be a Brewing Fort, not a bloody clothes factory :D
It never hurts to have a couple of sidelines just in case. And if you really don't want to sell it you could always use it to give your militia proper uniforms.
Theyre wearing Leather and Metal :P

I already had Cloaks before I had to build a massive bloody Cloth Storage Room :P

Looms are a liability unless you immediately order up one of each type of job and suspend it so more jobs can't be auto-generated. Otherwise, they use up all the thread for the hospital and weavers go on suicide missions to the caverns to collect webs.
Hospital has its own Thread Supply from the Farmers Market, but in future, I shall be Suspending Work.

don't process pig tails or rope read at the workshop, end of problem
I dont have either of those things. Thats why Im confoozled :P

No thread of any kind?  Loom not set to autoweave the thread?  If not, I am as confuzzled as you are.
I presume its Cave Spider Silk, found in some deep Cavern I dont even know exists. It may have been set to Autoweave it, though Im sure I told it not to. I was polite!

Cloth Crafts - insane value.

Or red cloaks.
Yeah, but theyre not the center of Industry :D

It sounds like it's auto-gathering silk and making that into cloth. An easy way to fix this is to either turn off auto-collecting, or set it to use dyed cloth / thread only. Hit 'o' and play around with the settings.
Aye :)

Pro-tipsauce - Go into the (o)rders menu and set the loom to auto-loom dyed thread only. Then have your laziest dorf dye it up

As for disposal of cloth, Set custom cloth only stockpiles, custom crappy clothing stockpiles, and some clothesmakers workshops near your entrance/trade depot. Mass decorate everything and trade away.
So, to make sure I understand: Go to the (o)rders menu, set the loom to only loom dyed Thread, assign the Mayor to do all the work, and go build a Custom Stockpile?

Wasn't the ‼solution‼ already mentioned?
Whats funny about this, is that Ive already burnt it all, and three Dwarfs.  8)

Bags, ropes for wells, cat bait, and traction benches, and make the rest into socks so dwarves leave their dirty damn socks all over the fortress.
While a Fort full of Socks would be better than a Fort full of Cloth, then Id just be replacing the Cloth Storage Rooms with Finished Good Storage Rooms.

Make cloaks, give every militia dwarf six cloaks to wear on top of their armor.
But thatd take, like, time and effort.   ::)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Kylarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 12:41:51 am »

Make bags from it so to hold seeds for crops and sand for glassmaking. Issue to each macabre or fell dorf a cloth bag and crude goat bone shiv and then set them into the caverns to chase elves you've caught. Film it and then present it as entertainment to your dorfs.
You mean the ability to have endless training dummies, a carpet of eyestalks and tendrills, and a plant that both makes for some good grizzled sea man hard liquor AND the ability to turn your dwarves into the Night´s Watch...not reward enough?

Daskinor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 07:21:59 am »

I like decorating with cloth, it adds extra layers to a fortress when you have socks with the illustrated history of every major goblin incursion being the heirloom of your favored sons and daughters of the fortress. Even the zero quality rubbish cloth the elves bring is still suitable when dyed appropriately, and given that food and masterwork meals become so easy to produce in vast towering quantities, you can certainly divert the output of many farms away from agriculture and into industry (dyes and cloth crops) instead.

Plus then you have excuses to build monstrous, over-engineered, gargantuan water-reactors to power your millstones that are prone to exploding and flooding the fortress! Whats not to like.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 02:14:48 pm »

Perhaps you could mod the game so that it's possible to build walls from cloth...
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Kelenyche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 04:28:39 pm »

OR... You could make bags.  Then fill them with sand.  Then melt that into glass, turn that into pots, and fill the pots with BOOZE
Pages: 1 [2] 3