Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What the cloth.  (Read 3592 times)

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What the cloth.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 04:57:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You want to lay down a cloth stock pile (use the (t)ake command to stock it)and disable thread. Set down a finished goods. Disable everything but clothing Disable all material except for cloth and leather. Enable armor, disable all materials except for cloth and leather. Disable shields. Use the (t)ake command to move prestored clothing to it. Plop a few clothemakers shops down and put sew image on repeat. If you want to use up the stock quickly you'll want specialized processors, miller, dyers, weavers, clothiers, and haulers.(You'll want to assembly line it)

Also, like the others said, bags are always a great choice. Can never have too many bags for flour and sand. Have custom stockpiles for your pots, bags, barrels etc. so you know your stock and have enough haulers to keep everything in its place.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 09:13:04 pm »

It never hurts to have a couple of sidelines just in case. And if you really don't want to sell it you could always use it to give your militia proper uniforms.
Theyre wearing Leather and Metal :P

Not quite what I meant. Once I get my clothing industry up and running I dress my sentries up as proper soldiers; red coat or tunic, white undershirt and blue trousers, with their breastplate and helmet on top. Doesn't really achieve much, but I like to imagine it makes a good first impression for merchants and migrants.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 01:17:44 am »

It never hurts to have a couple of sidelines just in case. And if you really don't want to sell it you could always use it to give your militia proper uniforms.
Theyre wearing Leather and Metal :P

Not quite what I meant. Once I get my clothing industry up and running I dress my sentries up as proper soldiers; red coat or tunic, white undershirt and blue trousers, with their breastplate and helmet on top. Doesn't really achieve much, but I like to imagine it makes a good first impression for merchants and migrants.

You're doing it wrong. T'is supposed to be red cloaks only.

Piggy

• Bay Watcher
  • Th-That's easy! G-George W-Wash...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 06:40:16 am »

Pal, a dinnae ken how come ye'r talking Scots, bit ah will juist blether Scots tae fit in this weird environmental chaynge, whit tae dae wi' th' cloth? Wash some windaes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]