Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Wait, fuck the what, I don't even know.  (Read 16146 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Wait, fuck the what, I don't even know.
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2012, 05:54:02 am »

I recall someone ‼sciencing‼ this...
I miss that thread.
Yeah. I know 9 z lvls is the fatal height, but I still make them 26 z lvls high for glorious gravity splosions :3

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2012, 11:17:31 am »

Falls that can wound can potentially kill if the victim falls on their head. Even more likely if there's an upright spike trap at the bottom of the fall.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Yag Alone

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumpy old fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 05:51:58 am »

Not enough control. I specifically choose which item I want decorated and I specifically choose which species' bones to decorate them with. The latter could be done using burrows with a somewhat tedious "one species per pile" bone stockpile system but there is no way to filter for e.g. "only statues of this deity" in stockpiles.
you can set the fixed stockpile burrow on the precise items you want to use, and it is still faster and easier than the garbage chute business...

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2012, 06:36:58 am »

Not enough control. I specifically choose which item I want decorated and I specifically choose which species' bones to decorate them with. The latter could be done using burrows with a somewhat tedious "one species per pile" bone stockpile system but there is no way to filter for e.g. "only statues of this deity" in stockpiles.
you can set the fixed stockpile burrow on the precise items you want to use, and it is still faster and easier than the garbage chute business...
The advantage of the drop chute way is that I can loo'k' at an item's description and then immediately order it into the drop chute and move onto the next item. With burrows I'd have to leave the 'k' view, switch to burrow mode, set one tile to be included in the burrow and remember to remove that tile after the dwarf picks up the item. That's for one item. What if I had to look through 80 statues and there were 17 that had a motif I wanted to develop further? Should the player memorise 17 separate 1x1 locations to include in the burrow and then remove afterwards, hoping that no further statues get put into the stockpile (i.e. in the burrow) in the meantime?
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Yag Alone

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumpy old fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2012, 08:34:52 am »

The advantage of the drop chute way is that I can loo'k' at an item's description and then immediately order it into the drop chute and move onto the next item. With burrows I'd have to leave the 'k' view, switch to burrow mode, set one tile to be included in the burrow and remember to remove that tile after the dwarf picks up the item. That's for one item. What if I had to look through 80 statues and there were 17 that had a motif I wanted to develop further? Should the player memorise 17 separate 1x1 locations to include in the burrow and then remove afterwards, hoping that no further statues get put into the stockpile (i.e. in the burrow) in the meantime?
Indeed, in this very special case, it's more convenient, you are right...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:16 am »

you are right...

And this makes bay12 such a nice forum and place to be. Thank you Yag

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2012, 10:05:44 am »

Indeed, in this very special case, it's more convenient, you are right...
I do acknowledge my obsessions don't match with the 'normal' obsessions of megaprojects, dwarven terminator soldiers and elaborate FUN machines.

Yag Alone

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumpy old fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2012, 10:49:28 am »

I do acknowledge my obsessions don't match with the 'normal' obsessions of megaprojects, dwarven terminator soldiers and elaborate FUN machines.
Well... As I'm myself selecting the dwarves with weird fetishes in order to get the most disturbing kind of statues possible... I guess I can understand the feeling. ;)

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2012, 05:17:27 pm »

Check this out:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's up to 1270 dorfbucks.  I think I'll leave it there, actually.  I'm kind of curious to see just how many bones they'll stick on that thing.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »

Check this out:

It's up to 1270 dorfbucks.  I think I'll leave it there, actually.  I'm kind of curious to see just how many bones they'll stick on that thing.

Damn... damn.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2012, 05:26:18 pm »

Sell it to Elves.

Now, can anyone tell me what mistake has been made here...?
He is offering it in trade to the elves, rather than exterminating the vermin?
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2012, 05:28:41 pm »

Check this out:

Hmm yes, that it's bone (and shell) is indeed impressive.

This is what I like to get up to. My first squad leaders all used that one training sword.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:31:05 pm by Psieye »

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 06:25:33 pm »

Damn... damn.

Gotta love how much of that is masterwork too.

Hmm yes, that it's bone (and shell) is indeed impressive.

One man's trash is another dorf's treasure.  :D

Mountainhome has been asking me to make figurines for them too.  Would be fun to see if I could get that to sell for 5 digits to a dwarf caravan.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:28:28 pm by orius »

Fortressdeath

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2012, 04:14:42 am »

And here's the finished product, how much it's worth, and how much the dorfs wanted for it:

I didn't get as much stuck on there as I wanted, the bin it was stored in got moved around, and the bone carver didn't want to put much more on it.  Maybe he got sick of looking at the thing.

Fortressdeath

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2012, 06:48:45 am »

Sell it to Elves.

Now, can anyone tell me what mistake has been made here...?
He is offering it in trade to the elves, rather than exterminating the vermin?
Why offer something so valuable?
Just cut down a tree right infront of their face and throw it into their wagon.

Watch a single tear roll down their cannibalistic faces.
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6