Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: No plot. No sanity. Just dice. SEMI-HIATUS.  (Read 21008 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: No plot. No sanity. Just dice.
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2012, 10:22:36 pm »

TURN TEN

As they continued to travel, Luin polished his/her (gender-ambiguous name!) weapon.
"Sorry for leading them away, wrong spell."

As they travel, Orlin attempts to devise a runic formula for stone golem animation.
Time seems to slow as Vanitas raises his sword, the late afternoon light dancing along the fresh coat of blood.
He gently runs a gauntleted finger down the blade, savoring every engraving and tiny scratch as romantic music seems to play from nowhere in particular.
"I shall name you Soulsunder, and we shall be together forever."

As quickly as the moment comes, it is over, and the Death Knight continues onwards.

Roll:6 As you travel, you begin to see signs of violence. Great swaths of land razed clean of trees, towns destroyed, and castles crumbled. Orlin begins work on a new rune, and scribbles it idly on a pile of stone. The rune glows a deep, crimson red, and the rock around it begins to rumble. Hastily you retreat to a safe distance to see what happens. Before your eyes, a great golem of stone assembles itself, shifting and rumbling. You feel a great malovence seep from the cracks in its body, as though the rock itself was bleeding.(Loyalty roll:3, sentience roll:4) The golem turns to its creator and speaks in a deep baritone, "You have given me life, and for that I an grateful. I shall accompany you on your journey, but you are not my master, and I will not be ordered around by you." Ally gained! Greater Stone Golem, Neutral Evil alignment, uncontrolable.

>Seeing as the fire is kind-of discouraging, leave and pursue my second goal: find the Bi-pedal Ice-dragon known as Kyurem in the Great chasm, and tame it.

Roll:1 You feel an irresistible pull towards the entrance of the fortress. Against your better judgment, you cross the threshold. The air is hazy with a mixture of smoke, dust, and heat. A foul stench envelops you as you desend deeper into the depths. Piles of bones are strewn haphazardly on the floor, while the walls are engraved with tales of great suffering and violence. As you enter a room, horrifiying screams echo around you! The darkness seems to grow and absorb all light, throwing the room into pitch black! Shadows dance on the walls, taunting you. This bodes not well.

>Develop fire boost: shoot fire backwards for a sudden burst of speed!

Roll:5  You focus on your flames, fanning them into a roaring blaze! The magma bubbles all around you, and you catch a glimpse of a scaly body swimming around you. You try to blast your flames behind you, but to no avail! The monster in the depths swims closer, and closer, when all of a sudden, PPTHHHHBBBBBBBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbt! A great bout of flatulence erupts from you, propelling you through the air! You feel you should say something, but the only thing that comes to mind is "BEAN BURRITOOOOSSSSSSSS!" You land on your feet at the shore. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2012, 10:33:09 pm »

"Golem, you have been here since the dawn of this world. Are you able to briefly recount what has transpired here?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2012, 11:29:20 pm »

"I have only existed a few minutes, but the stone that is my body remembers. It remembers blood, and death. So much violence it seeped into the very earth itself, corrupting it, warping it. Be careful where you tread here. You may become another victim of the land."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2012, 11:31:13 pm »

>Ride on the golem's back as I travel.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2012, 11:34:44 pm »

Continue travelling.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2012, 10:52:12 am »

Hurray, an evil being with nebulous loyalty and motives is now following us. This is a good day for me.

As we travel, I begin planning my future tower on a piece of paper. With the right runic combinations, I can hopefully create an Orlin's Instant Wizard Tower spell. I'd rather not summon a tower, as hilarious as a living wizard's tower from a doubtlessly evil plane in a land of great evil would be.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2012, 06:40:06 pm »

>(>.<)

>Supernova.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2012, 06:41:05 pm »

>(>.<)

>Supernova.

What? You wanted a speed boost. You got one.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2012, 05:57:03 pm »

Freeze the walls, then run out of the castle.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2012, 06:01:12 pm »

Turn tommorow, as right now I feel like shit and am not in a storytelling mood. Sorry 'bout the wait.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2012, 05:28:21 pm »

TURN 11

Continue travelling.
>Ride on the golem's back as I travel.
Hurray, an evil being with nebulous loyalty and motives is now following us. This is a good day for me.

As we travel, I begin planning my future tower on a piece of paper. With the right runic combinations, I can hopefully create an Orlin's Instant Wizard Tower spell. I'd rather not summon a tower, as hilarious as a living wizard's tower from a doubtlessly evil plane in a land of great evil would be.

Roll:3 As you continue onward, Luin tries to ride on the golems back. He isn't amused. (Roll:4) He grabs you off his back and throws you a short distance.(Roll:6) You hit the dirt face first, (Roll:1) and get right back up. Oriln starts to think about a instant tower spell. (Roll:3) Yes, combine that rune, that rune, and this rune. It should work. Maybe. Spell gained! Unknown Rune!

>(>.<)

>Supernova.

Roll:4 You explode again! (Roll:6) The explosion is massive, destroying a chunk of the cavern! A Section of the cavern has collapsed! (Roll:4) Crushing whatever was in the magma! The cavern is still collapsing! (Roll:1) You are hit by falling debris! (Roll:3) The rock hits your head! You are barely consious! You exit the cavern and (Roll:2) Find yourself in another cavern.

Freeze the walls, then run out of the castle.

Roll:4 You coat the walls in ice, but the shadows are unaffected! (Roll:1) You try to run out the door, but the shadows block the exit! The room gets darker and darker.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FreeformSchooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: _DivideByZero_ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2012, 05:49:11 pm »

Bend time to fast-forward to the area of the land that is most corrupt.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2012, 06:15:20 pm »

I help whatever-his-name-is the death knight with his Skip Boring Journey spell.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2012, 10:41:14 pm »

>Develop increased toughness.

If I'm gonna go around causing stuff like that I'd better be ready.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2012, 10:10:29 pm »

Also help with Skip Boring Journey spell. Combine our powers!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13