Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?!?!?!  (Read 25656 times)

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - NEEDS OVERSEERS!!!
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2012, 07:01:44 pm »

They're not just in the living quarters, they're all over the place.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2012, 07:00:46 pm »

Damn, this fort is intense :D

Our good friend Stalkeb died due to the fact that the caves are flooded with magma :'(
Can't find his body....he might have been encased in obsidian...

These dwarves are the definition of idiots...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
or we simply have a good marketing-crew back in the mountain homes ;)

Some tree-huggers and bout 50-60 gobbos and trolls
I let the gobbos do my dirty work and get rid of the elves :D

Well though situation really, alot of trolls and archers...Can't stay inside cause the trolls can simply just break one of the million floorhatches we got leading into the fort...Don't want to charge them straight on cause of the archers...
Luckily the two elves survivors split up and starting running seperate ways, resulting in the trolls going one way and the archers going the other.
I saw my chance for victory and charged the trolls with all of our forces!

"Our forces" is basically just the elite-squad "the violent whips", the meele-squad "the rough limbs", the crossbow-squad "the oily ancients" and the migrant-squad "The soaked labors"

The violent whips, the rough limbs, the oily ancients and the soaked labors led by the fierce militia commander Slowpoke is a force not to be reckoned with.
Slowpoke, armed with a legendary axe and wielding a legendary shield charges into battle closely followed by his trusted dwarves.
They fight for days but as the goblin pike-master falls so does their morale and the remaing warriors fled the battle-field.
We manage to get all dwarves inside the fort before the crossbow-gobbos arrive. They are quickly annihilated by our traps.
But we started to celebrate a bit too early!

A single troll managed to survive and proceeded to break all the workshops...He was easily dispatched of but managed to take a good 20 workshops or so with him ::)

Some kid gets a mood - I forget about him - about 3 months later he makes:
Legendary crossbow... not bad :D, gave it to the squadleader of the oily ancients.
Also got a picture of slowpokes axe on it :)

This guy ifeno...
...is such a bastard!
Keeps breaking things, scaring people and most of all he likes to posses people and kick baby-lambs. Thats just sick man.

Badger-dudes riding horses ???
Can't be that hard...
Tiger-men decides to siege aswell...This could get tricky
Goblins decide to show up...uhhh...
more goblins...
more goblins...
trolls...
more goblins...
ffs!
After a while there where around 15 badgers riding horses, 20 tigermen with axes, 45 gobbos, 20 trolls.
-All dwarves outside are instantly killed
-Some trolls find a secret entrence tunnel
-I send some cannon fodder into the tunnel while walling it off...
-The guy making the wall makes the ultimate sacrifice: he walls himself out together with the trolls to save the fort.
-The trolls punch a hole in the roof (made of hatches)
-The military did their best. Everyone fought like true dwarves killing multiple enemies. But for every troll they killed two new took it's place. The soldiers died off one by one until Slowpoke was the only one left. Knowing his fate, Slowpoke did the one thing a dwarf can do in this situation. He took a zip from his rum-bottle and raised his legendary axe Dredgedschoolar the Trade of Fathers as he was surrounded by dozens of bloodthirsty invaders.
He fought bravely and took down more enemise then anyone else could have, but soon the brute force eight trolls managed to push him into a corner-

Hes death was not beautiful, as the moment he missed a single strike a horde of trolls ripped him into shreads...

Now that the military had been crushed it was up to the mayor Edem Iridoddom to come up with a plan, and fast cause there is a small army of siegers on the doorstep.
And so she did - She recruited every able-bodied dwarf to her side and charged at the siegers! Ripping the armor off dead dwarves as they rushed forward. Apart from this she made a small squad of masons wich proceeded too wall off parts of the fortress in strategical places.
The lye-makers and wood-burners where no match for a big horde of angry trolls and tigermen but when a dwarf fell there was always someone ready to take his place(and armor)
This way we managed to slow down the invaders long enough for the mason-team to devide the fortress into two parts. The trolls part and the dwarves part.
Edem smiled as she saw how her plan had suceeded only to realise that the trolls hadn't killed her yet.She decided to follow in Slowpokes footsteps even though she lacked a weaopon, jumping into a large cluster of trolls-
Here I thought she died so I didn't see what happned from this point until- "the siege has been broken"-Wut?
Apparantly she had killed a troll and a bunch of tigermen completly unarmed, she was really badly beaten and had multiple axewounds...
After I had checked for surviving siegers I took down the walls again. I'm still confused over how the mayor and a fish-cleaner could do what my military of legendary dwarves couldn't ???
Everything's back to normal apart from the fact that 70% of the forts population is dead...

Ok guys I need some help ???
This is slowpokes tomb, complete with magmapools, discolight with magma inside, lots of skulls, gold coffin etc. but why are all the animals in there?
cause it warm?
they want to honor Slowpokes memory?
Cause the floor is drenched in blood?

The blood comes from the unfortunate miner "Gravedigger"(Name cause she handles funerals) who was choosen as a sacrifice to build the tomb.
She had her baby with her down there and when the magma came flowing they both drowned...
or so i thought...

I'll soon be done guys :P
But hey afterall i'm "Slowpoke" 8)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2012, 09:35:25 pm »

Heh, epic update
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2012, 10:12:56 pm »

... I am amazed. Where did the trolls etc get it? I thought I'd caught all the holes in the walls, or else I'd have been killed before you were.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2012, 11:23:18 pm »

Congratulations. This is my new go-to thread for Nightmare Fuel thanks to that last picture.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2012, 01:22:01 am »

i love the pics.  Keep em comin!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2012, 05:51:24 am »

Thx everyone for the feedback :D

... I am amazed. Where did the trolls etc get it? I thought I'd caught all the holes in the walls, or else I'd have been killed before you were.
Well the fort was breached in multiple places such as:

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2012, 07:56:56 am »

Oh god... your probably going to leave a trap on top of the mass destruction... harry is doomed, also I've got plenty of free time for now so if Harry's quick/doesn't take the turn can I go immediately after?
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2012, 12:03:05 pm »

This is acually a spoiler.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2012, 01:10:17 pm »

Now that almost everyone is dead stuff got really hectic, having trouble assaigning dwarves to my projects since they are all out burying the fallen. Also we are farming too much...We got enough food froduction for maybe...100 dorfs but right now we are 15 who can walk! sigh...

Lol
Nice spot you got urself into there son :P

Do you remeber who the forts guardian is? You know the little puppy who fought the forgotten beast? Well, he's back!
When I were gonna try to stop the magma in the cave (which I never did btw.) the old forgotten beast had been hiding underwater all this time waiting, but when I breached the cave once again it saw it's opportunity to get out of this flaming hell-hole! But as it rushed to the surface someone recognized a  smell from the past....
Guardian-dog was the only one who realised the danger the fort was in and sprinted out of the fort! There they met again... On the bloodsoaked fields of Touchedbells. Guardian-dog had now grown to full size but he was still only a fragment of the massive beast standing before him. Guardian-dog howled one last howl before he leaped onto his intimmidating opponent. Guardian-dog stuck his claws in the slippery flesh on the creatures back and proceeded to bite off large chunk of flesh while blood sprayed the already red-soaked landscape even more red. The creature, confused by the bright beams of the sun and the crazed dog on it's back began throwing himself across the ground. In its attempt to claw off the pesky parasite on his back it rips large bleeding wounds all over it's body. Guardian-dog seems to have the upper hand until the beasts get a lucky hit and manage to get a lucky grab on guardian-dog...

Meanwhile a lonely axeman has heard Guardain-dogs ferocious howl and quickly rushes to the scene!
Upon seeing the broken and bleeding pile of meat and teeth wich used to be the beast from the caves crush the head of the forts hero guardian-dog he goes into a berserk state.
When it's all over he stands there with his axe in the beast and the still bleeding corpse of Guardian dog in his arms...
And this is how the second legend of Touchedbells meets his end...
(Slowpoke being the first :P

(Sidenote- I thought dwarves went into martial trance and animals had berserk-mode? ??? Guess I was wrong... ::)

Ok, you know the unlucky dwarf "Gravedigger"? Who drowned in magma where she lost her kid and had her face melted off? Well belive it or not...
And to make things even worse, guess who took some time off from flying around breaking beds and punching lambs? Yes ur probably right! It was fckn Ifeno again who possessed the poor metal-smith and forced her to murder another dwarf.
Such a bastard...

I love how all the merchants and siegers always run around on the walls for a few minutes before they can get to the forts entrance
Dworfy design decision! :D

Err....I'll just leave this here
I don't know how this happned, all i know is that I blame Ifeno.

Ifeno has done ALOT of things to crush this fort and has caused almost as many kills as the massive troll-goblin-tiger-slaughter-siege...And if you also count all the time he has delayed production and all the beds he has destroyed I think you could easily say that he is the biggest threat to the survival of the fort.
I recommend that the next overseer takes care of him...fast...
But this is only the tip of a massive iceberg.
The result of Ifeno's latest mischief...
How could he possibly cause something like that you might ask? He simply lodged himself in a floodgate at the worst of times like a monarch butterfly.

Conclusion:There's magma in the caverns, there's magma outside and there magma in the fort...It's quite dwarfy :D
Also Ifeno's a bastard

I'll post the save soon :)
Btw I have taken care of the magmaleak so don't worry bout that. Also my main-trap was burned in the fire :'(
But it should be enough of a challange anyways ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:14:12 pm by slowpokez »

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2012, 01:56:16 pm »

lmao!!!! i picked the most awesome dwarf ever!!!!  8)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2012, 03:54:11 pm »

I just had a realization - out of all the individual butterflies in the world the one that opened the gates to boatmurderd is most likely the most famous to ever have existed.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2012, 09:36:42 pm »

I don't know if it was my secondary trap or not which ended up flooding the bedrooms, but I'm stealing credit for it anyway. I guess it wasn't completely broken after all.
Live bait.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2012, 10:47:05 am »

Harry has been pm'ed =)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20