Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 373732 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #1695 on: October 05, 2012, 11:38:05 pm »

I wish we could too, but that doesn't mean I hate it. Even the final boss is powerless against it! :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: October 06, 2012, 12:02:02 am »

Screw the federation cruiser. It's nice to be back to the reliable and enjoyable stealth ship.

Well, except for the part where I run out of fuel in section 3 and get trashed by the rebels before I can escape... >_<

Can't believe I forgot to buy out that shop.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: October 06, 2012, 05:30:59 am »

Just got my first Crystal crewman. Anyone got some creative ideas for using this? Perhaps I could teleport them into the enemies oxygen system and knock it out for the crew to suffocate (Crystals have reduced suffocation damage).
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 06, 2012, 05:34:37 am »

Just got my first Crystal crewman. Anyone got some creative ideas for using this? Perhaps I could teleport them into the enemies oxygen system and knock it out for the crew to suffocate (Crystals have reduced suffocation damage).
Teleport your crystal and another boarder to any important system, like weapons, or shields, or even medbay then use the lockdown ability to keep the enemy out while you sabotage it. You can also use it to pick off isolated enemies.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: October 06, 2012, 05:55:02 am »

Quick and simple advice/guide for stealth ship.

Sector 1/2 :: Most ships will only have one shield use your laser to hit the shielda and the beamto mainly target weapons first and formost. Them not being able to hit you is much more important then them not being able to block. Another note is that weapons and cockpit are normally in rang of one another. Target those first...

UPGRADING :: Cloak to level two will give you time to charge to full if you use it straight away. But its best to use it just after they fire letting you dodge their first salvo. Putting at least two points into engies should give you 100% dodge when cloaked...

BUYING :: Alway look for another gun. Try not to upgrade your weapons if you can help it...

Whem you get the haang of it you can get to sector 5 without shields...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: October 06, 2012, 06:53:38 am »

Well that was a fun run-though. Started with the Engi ship type B and thought, "This ship sucks, I'm gonna die before I get out of the sector." I ended up getting a crystal crewman and had a huge streak of amazing luck which ended with me unlocking two new ships (one of which was the crystal ship) and getting to sector 8 with the most badass ship I've ever had. I was totally ready for the flagship, so I went and tried to tackle it. I think nI lasted just under two minutes against the thing, it's missiles just kept knocking out all my weapons.

Anyone offer some advice on how to beat the thing? I tried using the teleporter, but I can only take out one weapon at a time with that and the other three destroyed me before I could get the team back.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: October 06, 2012, 06:56:41 am »

Well that was a fun run-though. Started with the Engi ship type B and thought, "This ship sucks, I'm gonna die before I get out of the sector." I ended up getting a crystal crewman and had a huge streak of amazing luck which ended with me unlocking two new ships (one of which was the crystal ship) and getting to sector 8 with the most badass ship I've ever had. I was totally ready for the flagship, so I went and tried to tackle it. I think nI lasted just under two minutes against the thing, it's missiles just kept knocking out all my weapons.

Anyone offer some advice on how to beat the thing? I tried using the teleporter, but I can only take out one weapon at a time with that and the other three destroyed me before I could get the team back.
Get a cloak, lvl 3 shields and a teleporter, and you win. First take down the missiles with your boarders, then the ion, then the beam. Leave the blaster alone.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: October 06, 2012, 07:00:52 am »

Spoiler: Dammit. (click to show/hide)

The Engi Cruiser A is an amazing ship.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: October 06, 2012, 07:01:39 am »

Ah, I didn't have the cloak. I've never been able to see much use in it, what makes it worth the 150 scrap?
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 06, 2012, 07:10:04 am »

Ah, I didn't have the cloak. I've never been able to see much use in it, what makes it worth the 150 scrap?
It gives a +60% to your dodge when online, prevents the enemy from targetting and charging their weapons, and prevents enemy teleports.

For the boss it allows you to dodge the first attacks long enough to take down 1 or 2 weapons.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: October 06, 2012, 08:33:58 am »

But you don't actually need it IF you have... a defense drone and high shields/evasion. Having maxed out evasion and max trained engine and helm crew can sometimes mean you don't need that, but it's a gamble.

But yeah, either defense drone or cloak is really important to surviving the initial salvo. If you can time it, it's often worth dropping your shields and letting the ion hit as well, since they usually splatter harmlessly against a systemless room.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1706 on: October 06, 2012, 01:29:51 pm »

Spoiler: Dammit. (click to show/hide)

The Engi Cruiser A is an amazing ship.

Its not bad... but you need to find some real weapons along the way.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: October 06, 2012, 02:10:02 pm »

Is there a bad end to the Mantis escape pod event. For me it has always given a crewmember.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 06, 2012, 02:16:05 pm »

The mantis can lash out and kill a crewmember.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: October 06, 2012, 02:35:56 pm »

Arg, just got to the flagship again, with the Crystal ship this time. My main method of attack was using a Crystal and a Mantis to teleport over and kill their crew, but that didn't work against the flagship because after I'd taken out their weapons they would just use their cloaking to stop me from getting my crew back out of the flagship and I ended up losing both of my warriors.

I'm gonna go for some cheevos in the Zoltan ship I guess.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 243