Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 374075 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #885 on: September 21, 2012, 11:29:18 pm »

I've nearly unlocked the Zolton ship twice now. I get to the Rebel I'm supposed to talk down, but I can't figure out the right sequence of phrases and he attacks me every time <_<;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 21, 2012, 11:56:55 pm »

I've nearly unlocked the Zolton ship twice now. I get to the Rebel I'm supposed to talk down, but I can't figure out the right sequence of phrases and he attacks me every time <_<;

I didn't even realize what I was doing when I talked him down :p
My tip, think hippy.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 21, 2012, 11:57:34 pm »

If you want to know the correct sequence:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 21, 2012, 11:58:58 pm »

I just unlocked the crystal ship :o , it works like a buffed up kestrel that doesn't need to rely on missiles basicaly, pretty powerful ship all around. Doesnt come with drones, stealth or anything fancy, just an all around good ship, and the crystal vengeance thing only makes it better, specialy against people using burst lasers :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 22, 2012, 12:03:54 am »

I just got the Redtail.  Pretty kickass ship, and a nice crew for getting other ships too.
Shoes...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 22, 2012, 12:49:57 am »

A little tidbit for handling Boarders...

To drag boarders to a Medbay for an easier fight. Prevent all side rooms leading to the Medbay from their current room so that there is at least a two room gap of airless rooms. In other words. If you are using the Kestral
http://puu.sh/17qQ5
If the boarders arrive at the O. They will automatically attack your Bridge. Abandon your pilot to the Medbay and vent all the rooms with the X. The Boarders will remain in the airfilled rooms and go straight to the medbay for an easy fight...

Of course it would not be wise to leave any opponent's weapons running while your bridge is down/unmanned so I hope you have taken that out...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 22, 2012, 12:58:19 am »

I just vent EVERYTHING but the medbay unless I've invested in doors for some reason.
Hello Hunam

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 22, 2012, 01:11:38 am »

You vent everything but medbay? Then what about your guys outside of medbay once medbay fills up?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 22, 2012, 01:12:27 am »

*snicker* What guys out of medbay?

I usually lock them in a room that the AI is too stupid to storm.
Hello Hunam

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 22, 2012, 02:14:13 am »

has anyone tested if venting the medbay along with everything esle while fighting intruders works if it is fully upgraded?  I am only asking this because I know from experience that lvl 1 medbays will heal at the same rate your guys are suffocating at.  Also, would engi gel + fully upgraded medbay allow you to keep ship vented 24/7?
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 22, 2012, 02:34:41 am »

It is time, son, for you to do science.
Hello Hunam

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 22, 2012, 02:39:06 am »

has anyone tested if venting the medbay along with everything esle while fighting intruders works if it is fully upgraded?  I am only asking this because I know from experience that lvl 1 medbays will heal at the same rate your guys are suffocating at.  Also, would engi gel + fully upgraded medbay allow you to keep ship vented 24/7?
With the fully upgraded medbay doing 3x the healing rate, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to just vent everything, as long as you don't have more than 3 non-Crystal crewmembers. I haven't checked the exact healing rate of the spread healing thing, but if it's any lower than 1/3rd the normal medbay's healing, keeping the ship always vented won't work well. Again, unless your crew is Crystal. But it will definitely work short-term, if you have non-droid boarder problems.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 22, 2012, 04:04:30 am »

It's 5AM so don't trust me but I think the spread healing healed a flat rate regardless of medbay level (as long as the medbay had any power at all).  And that it was less than the suffocation rate.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 22, 2012, 04:19:17 am »

It's 5AM so don't trust me but I think the spread healing healed a flat rate regardless of medbay level (as long as the medbay had any power at all).  And that it was less than the suffocation rate.
The wiki says otherwise.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 22, 2012, 04:24:44 am »

Well, it doesn't really matter as the amount of spread healing on medbay 3 isn't enough to heal against oxygen loss. Only in Medbay are they able to survive without oxygen.

Edit: I don't think I see any difference between level 1 healing spread and level 3 healing spread. If there is a difference, it's nothing noticeable anyway.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:46:05 am by Shadowgandor »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 243