Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 374058 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #900 on: September 22, 2012, 06:10:02 am »

I would like to note that their Kickstarter funding goal was initially set to $10,000 but people love the idea so much is the reason they got $200k
I am really enjoying this game.

But this game doesnt feel like its 180k dollars. It does feel like a 9k dollar game though.
Thank you for pointing that ...out? If you read my post, my complaint is that the game doesnt match the level of funds raised. I do go on to say that it does feel like a 9k game. (After you take out the 10% from kicksterarter. 10k-1k=9k.)

Also, Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!

And there are some oddities, like there fair amont of folks that experience slow fps. (As I do.) And other performance issues.

Really? I get ludicrously high FPS (way above my monitor refresh rate).
There an FAQ section on their site about performance issues.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:26:59 am by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 22, 2012, 06:11:35 am »

Offtopic: Honestly people, what's with your BBCode failures recently? Everytime I go I see mismatched tags, especially quotes >:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 22, 2012, 07:58:15 am »

Quote from: Ha[table
[tr]
[td]spen li[/td][/tr][/table]
Code: [Select]
nk=[sub]topic=99102.msg3630491#msg3630491 date=1348312295]
Offtopic: Honestly p[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]eo[spoiler]ple, what's
with your [/sub]BBCode failures recently? Everytime I go I see mism
  • atched tags, especially quote
s >:
[/spoiler]
Well...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 22, 2012, 12:11:14 pm »

Crystal B ship is best boarder ship. The Best. Teleport in 3 crystals and mantis. Lockdown #1 to kill all dudes. Lockdown #2 to destroy the room (usually weapons), then lockdown three to keep them out while your guys heal, then everyone goes back in, whoo!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 22, 2012, 12:37:51 pm »

T_T I HATE THIS GAME SOMETIMES!!!!
Get an awesome Sector 1/2 Got me a nice BLmII and both Tele and Drone Control with 2 Defense Drones...
Enter Sector 3.....
THREE 2 Shield AUTO SHIPS WITH FUCKING HULL MISSILES AND DODGE LIKE FUCKING CRAZY!!! I couldn't get a single hit on the first one for a long time, the second fired its hull missile in the direction the Defense drone wasn't at so it hit my Weapons slot. The THIRD KEPT IONING MY SHIELDS AND ITS BURST LASER KEPT KILLING MY WEAPONS!!! BLAGH!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 22, 2012, 04:58:40 pm »

The Good RNG gods giveth,; The Good RNG gods taketh away.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 22, 2012, 05:01:15 pm »

I would like to note that their Kickstarter funding goal was initially set to $10,000 but people love the idea so much is the reason they got $200k
I am really enjoying this game.

But this game doesnt feel like its 180k dollars. It does feel like a 9k dollar game though.
Thank you for pointing that ...out? If you read my post, my complaint is that the game doesnt match the level of funds raised. I do go on to say that it does feel like a 9k game. (After you take out the 10% from kicksterarter. 10k-1k=9k.)
Point im making was that the developers posted $10k as their needs to create the game, the rest after that was literally profit.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 22, 2012, 06:07:59 pm »

The Good RNG gods giveth,; The Good RNG gods taketh away.

And how. My last run, I got two "Holy crap, a weapon floating in space!" events, netting me a Hermes launcher and a Glaive Beam. What I didn't get was enough scrap to max out shields, and when you're flying the Federation Cruiser (read: no cloak, apparently), the flagship's final form tore me to shreds.  :(

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 22, 2012, 06:12:39 pm »

I keep dying to stupidly NOT waiting for my stuff to recharge before jumping.

It's weird how some stuff auto-recharges after battle, but for some stuff it punishes you for not wanting to sit around watching numbers go down.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 22, 2012, 06:15:09 pm »

It's weird how some stuff auto-recharges after battle, but for some stuff it punishes you for not wanting to sit around watching numbers go down.
It's to simulate the times when you have to decide whether to jump out of a battle you don't want to fight.

For example:
1. Fighting enemy ship, he tears you apart leaving only the engines running. Shits on fire. Cloak is down.
2. If you jump, you run the risk of running into something even worse, except now your ship is not at 100%.

That kind of thing.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 22, 2012, 06:21:19 pm »

No, I understand that. But when the battles are /over/, that's what I don't understand. Teleports, Ion Damage, Crew abilities, Jump Drive, etc. all reset so long as the battle is over (exception being if your in a hazardous area, which makes sense, since it's not really over until you escape).

Stealth is the only thing that keeps going.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 22, 2012, 06:38:47 pm »

For example:
1. Fighting enemy ship, he tears you apart leaving only the engines running. Shits on fire. Cloak is down.
2. If you jump, you run the risk of running into something even worse, except now your ship is not at 100%.

That kind of thing.

The long range scanner is so very useful when you're losing a battle, since you can see where there's not a ship, and have a reasonable expectation that it'll be safer. (Without it, the only known safe places are stores)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 22, 2012, 06:58:47 pm »

Agreed...  having to wait for cooldown after battle... all subsystems normal and no fire.  I just want to move on and not wait for numbers.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 22, 2012, 07:01:12 pm »

Yea. I dont get why cloak doesnt reset when the battle is over.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #914 on: September 22, 2012, 08:24:14 pm »

Just got my first win (on normal, haven't played easy). Kestrel A, had been aiming for a stealth system after the stealth ship showed me how awesome it was, but I still prefer shields and kestrel weapons to start. Stealth system did prove pretty useful, but the recharge time is pretty long so wasn't quite as good as I hoped, I couldn't dodge using stealth both missile shots and power surges even with targeting the missile room. Ended up with a lower

I thought I wouldn't be able to do it since my weaponry was rather improvised, I was using a burst laser mk 1 and hull laser as well as my starting mk II since that was all I'd found and had bought a small bomb in sector 7 to swap out the Artemis for in the second stage. Probably was just a bit lucky, my missiles and bombs did a good job of hitting and I dodge a lot of hits. Went much better than the last time I reached the final stage, where I had an ion and drone engi ship with few crew and no ability to kill the crew of other ships what with ion doing no crew damage and drones targeting randomly and not at injured crew or at important systems (which since crew flock to so they can repair often results in killing them). They managed to damage and teleport into vital systems and with only 4 crew there wasn't much I could do about it. They didn't even teleport anyone onboard in my successful fight.

I now want to try out the new ship I've unlocked, and want to actually try to get some kestrel achievements. They seem a lot harder than the engi or zolton ones which I have two of each, and the achievements for the stealth ship and federation cruiser seem doable even if I haven't got any yet.

Beating the boss doesn't appear to do much to your score, it is over 300 points less than a run which didn't even beat stage two, and the one other time I beat stage two isn't even in the top five. I think it should be more important in the score really.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 243