Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85882 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D2 - TODO: Witty Reference [11/13]
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2012, 12:11:20 am »

...wait a second.

Toaster, why the fuck are YOU still alive?  You were supposed to protect Orangebottle.  You didn't.  Your claimed role means you should have died in his place.  You're not dead.

Explain yousrself, now.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2012, 12:13:25 am »

So I guess we need explanations from Jack AT and CoF.

EBWODP: What ability did you gain this morning from OB?
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2012, 12:16:04 am »

Urist:
I have no idea what happened.  From what I can tell from the PM, the guard was successful, but I have no idea why OB is dead now, unless OB is indeed some sort of adv dopp.  Time to read back and see who wanted to keep him alive.

Jack:  Did anyone not target you that was supposed to do so?  Or the other way?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2012, 12:38:27 am »

I've got information.  Unfortunately, it's not the kind I wanted.

Someone destroyed my auto ability.  Permanently.  I have no knowledge of who targeted me.

This means we've either got fakeclaiming scum or Webadict is scum.

Toaster: Could you please give some more idea of the flavour for each of your powers?  I find your names, at least, somewhat unfitting for a tiny, rather peaceful separatist party.

ECrownofFire: So, why claim vig?  Also, I'd like names and flavour explanations for your newly claimed powers, please.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2012, 01:01:46 am »

Night ability is Keen Authorial Instinct, it says I have a keen insight into people. Tells me town or anti-town.

1-shot is Open For Review, something about reading them like a book.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2012, 01:02:26 am »

Also, vig has about the same consequences as a role-cop. So I figured it's a safe enough claim to make so that I don't end up N1 killed/blocked.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2012, 01:05:01 am »

Unvote for now.  We have a pretty messy situation, it seems.

Looks like Leafsnail was wrong about having the scum kill locked down; I knew it wouldn't be THAT easy.
On the Nature of Dwarves

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2012, 06:02:26 am »

ECrown: Are you able to tell us Darvi's full role? It should have 3 actions.

Jack: Did you action last Night?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2012, 06:10:34 am »

That is his full role. It's an Auto ability. All it says is that when he dies, he revives as the WoF. Beyond that, nothing else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2012, 06:17:53 am »

That is his full role. It's an Auto ability. All it says is that when he dies, he revives as the WoF. Beyond that, nothing else.
Here's a really good question, Crown:

Also, vig has about the same consequences as a role-cop. So I figured it's a safe enough claim to make so that I don't end up N1 killed/blocked.
How would claiming Vigilante stop you from being killed and blocked?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2012, 06:23:36 am »

Because a cop is somebody the scum want to get rid of immediately.

And I claimed 1-shot vig, not a full vig.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2012, 06:43:55 am »

Right. So, instead of killing Darvi, like you were supposed to, you DIDN'T kill Darvi. And told us that we have to kill him. Possibly twice. And instead of telling us you could inspect, which would have been more useful, you fakeclaim and waste your one-shot on a dead man.

Wow. That has got to be the WORST plan I have ever heard of. Am I actually awake?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2012, 07:57:33 am »

Actually, I believe ECF. If he was scum, claiming about the fakeclaiming would be stupid. Besides, this way the scum team would be throwing his life in exchange for a possible Darvi lynch. Nah, Darvi it is.

Also my head hurts right now and I had a busy as fuck week. I'll reread later, but for now let's see what Darvi has to say.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2012, 08:25:58 am »

Right. So, instead of killing Darvi, like you were supposed to, you DIDN'T kill Darvi. And told us that we have to kill him. Possibly twice. And instead of telling us you could inspect, which would have been more useful, you fakeclaim and waste your one-shot on a dead man.

Wow. That has got to be the WORST plan I have ever heard of. Am I actually awake?
Admittedly, having to kill Darvi twice does fuck things up a bit.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2012, 08:39:05 am »

I targeted Jack AT with a random dead player's night action (obviously it was Powder Miner's).  It said I successfully delayed him.

Ok, theories, not necessarily mutually exclusive:
1. Orangebottle is an advanced dopp.  As such Toaster's protection against him was useless since noone attacked him.  That's why Orangebottle was so desparate to survive to N1.

2. ECrown was planning to pass off his mafiakill as a one-shot, but unfortunately for him we demanded he use it in the same night that Orangebottle had to use his advanced doppelganger or die.  Possibly the scum decided that Orangebottle's doppelsnatching was more valuable than ECrown, so they decided to just give him a horrible claim and throw him under the bus.  ECrown could also be responsible for destroying Jack AT's auto ability.

3. Toaster is scum, and someone on the scum team has the ability to hide bodies.  While someone else on the scumteam has the ability to destroy auto abilities, and they hit Jack AT.  I'm not sure if I like this theory since it'd involve the scum taking quite a big risk to kill a horrible player whose one-shot could be waited out in the night anyway.

4. Jack AT is scum and lied about his ability, not expecting people to test it, or maybe planning to say that someone permanently destroyed his auto as soon as it happened.

5. All of you guys are in a big chat together and this game was designed specifically to troll me.  Seriously, I can think of no other reason why Dariush would believe ECrown's roleclaim.  Other than absolute, catastrophic stupidity.

Guys, we are lynching ECrown today.  There is literally no way he is telling the truth.

...wait a second.

Toaster, why the fuck are YOU still alive?  You were supposed to protect Orangebottle.  You didn't.  Your claimed role means you should have died in his place.  You're not dead.

Explain yousrself, now.
This seems reallllyyyy scummy.  Like you were planning to blame Toaster for Orangebottle's "death" when he used his dopplesnatch.  There's no way you'd attack Toaster before ECrown after recent events.

Actually, I believe ECF. If he was scum, claiming about the fakeclaiming would be stupid. Besides, this way the scum team would be throwing his life in exchange for a possible Darvi lynch. Nah, Darvi it is.
You're allowing RiA to pass?  And the scum could easily have a rolecop, they might genuinely know that Darvi is an SK.  But you know what?  ECrown is still scum, even if he's now telling the truth about his role.  Again, there was no reason at all for him to lie about his role and his talk of a gambit makes no sense.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 61