Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85699 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, yes. I am more worried about incredibly bad town than I am about good scum.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

JAT: Would you rather be a doctor or a roleblocker?
First, please call me Jack A T, or at least Jack.  JAT doesn't really catch my attention as well when I'm searching for questions to answer.

Second, as a townie, I'd prefer being a doctor.  Less risk of collateral damage.  As a mafioso, I'd prefer roleblocker, largely to be able to stop inspects and vigs without any pesky doctor interference.

Unvote, vote Shakerag: I find it interesting that you're throwing so many jokes around all of a sudden.  Are you still serious about the Toaster vote?  If not, is there a reason it's still on?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

First, please call me Jack A T, or at least Jack.  JAT doesn't really catch my attention as well when I'm searching for questions to answer.
But I was going for people with acronyms D:

Anyways, off for exam now :/

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Wuba, how long will you last ? Wich faction do you believe will try to remove you the soonest ?
I'm assuming one Day, after which I will have been murdered by the mafia, all vigilantes, and all third parties. Luckily, I'll dodge every kill but one.

By the way, we're totally massclaiming. And, I'm honestly just... whatever right now. So, ignore my curtness.

I'm the 14th player.
I ignore 50% of actions, can make a target immune to blocks, redirects, and randomisations during the Night, and...
And my last ability shall remain a secret for now. If we need it, it'll be revealed. If not, no one gets hurt by it. Promise. And you know you can trust my promises.

I sent in tcidabew. I'm kinda interested in what my role would make.

Pre-post edit: Woo. Thought I sent this post in already. My bad.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Unvote, vote Shakerag: I find it interesting that you're throwing so many jokes around all of a sudden.  Are you still serious about the Toaster vote?  If not, is there a reason it's still on?

What exactly is your definition of "so many"?  Looking at the posts of the other players so far, I'm hardly the first person to crack a joke.  Also: vodka.  Puts a smile on my face.

Re: Toaster - I was contemplating keeping my vote there for one more post from Toaster just to see if being called on the whole you/Urist mixup was going to cause any significant reaction, but I think that's unlikely now.  Unvote.

I find it interesting that you're so concerned about my vote being on Toaster.  Any particular reason why?

webadict: This isn't a bastard game, so what's with the early massclaim? 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because I said so.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like how your "claim" is a mash-up of your role and Think's role from the last BYOP. I'm willing to bet that your last ability will tell us the number of remaining scum, like Powder Miner's last role.
How incredibly fakeconvenient.
Because I said so.
No.
Just...
No.
My Sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like how your "claim" is a mash-up of your role and Think's role from the last BYOP. I'm willing to bet that your last ability will tell us the number of remaining scum, like Powder Miner's last role.
How incredibly fakeconvenient.
Yep. Don't worry. If you thought THOSE two were blatant rip-offs, then you're in for an awesome surprise. Though, to be fair, my new ability actually lets me dodge kills, too. I might live to see tomorrow.

Also, my abilities are fairly easy to prove.

Because I said so.
No.
Just...
No.
No, we're massclaiming. I'm proving that it beats RVS. In fact, not mass claiming makes it look like you can't come up with a good fakeclaim.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What exactly is your definition of "so many"?  Looking at the posts of the other players so far, I'm hardly the first person to crack a joke.  Also: vodka.  Puts a smile on my face.

Re: Toaster - I was contemplating keeping my vote there for one more post from Toaster just to see if being called on the whole you/Urist mixup was going to cause any significant reaction, but I think that's unlikely now.  Unvote.

I find it interesting that you're so concerned about my vote being on Toaster.  Any particular reason why?
"So many": Yes, other people (including me) have made jokes so far.  You had almost as much in the way of jokes as you did content, though.

On the vodka thing, I've never really liked seeing people play under the influence, but it makes your behaviour make more sense.

My reason for my concern about your vote has nothing to do with Toaster.  I was concerned about your vote because you didn't seem to be taking it seriously anymore.  This was due to your response to Toaster's response.  You seemed to be undermining your own pressure via self-deprecation.

Webadict: Ah, good, an actual reason.  I'm not a huge fan of the strategy, mostly because it just doesn't sound very fun, but I'm willing to try it.

I am Egregious.  Specifically, I'm it, as used in TVTropes.
*I have an auto ability, called Take a Shot.  Anybody who uses an action on me drinks a full bottle of vodka, and their obvious hangovers will allow me to know who used actions on me during the night.
*I have a night ability, Shockingly Bad Performance.  I protect my target from NKs by forcing attempted killers to make egregious mistakes.
*I have a one-shot ability, Egregious is not Gregarious.  Basically, I lock myself up during the night, making all actions against me fail.

I sent in a Canadian political party called the Western Block Party.  They're a minor federal party that wants BC, Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan to separate from the rest of Canada.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Alright, let's do this thing.

Everyone's here... except for Leafsnail, Dariush, and Ottofar. So Leafsnail, what are your preferred teams to play on? Also, to Dariush and Ottofar, who would be your N1 kill if you were a vig or an SK?

Imik, I'd like a scumteam that doesn't include Godfather or similar roles, too much WIFOM when a cop's involved. A roleblocker isn't that bad to deal with, they target so they have the possibility of some kind of tracker. But a Godfather is just plain passive gameplay. Beyond that, it's not that bad, really. Other than a second kill, but those are fairly rare.

Webadict, I don't even... Why?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When did NUKE hack Webadict's account?

Not really, no. That would require everybody not targeting you night one.

No, we're massclaiming. I'm proving that it beats RVS. In fact, not mass claiming makes it look like you can't come up with a good fakeclaim.
I spent a good twenty minutes laughing my ass off at this. I was the last remaining scum in the last game, because of my fakeclaiming.
My gut is telling me that you're a jester, which is the only thing keeping me from voting you right now.
My Sig

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Approximately December 25th.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because I said so, it's better than any question I've seen so far, and it stops fakeclaims later. Come up with a reason why not, and we'll talk.

Not really, no. That would require everybody not targeting you night one.

I spent a good twenty minutes laughing my ass off at this. I was the last remaining scum in the last game, because of my fakeclaiming.
My gut is telling me that you're a jester, which is the only thing keeping me from voting you right now.
Well, if everyone wanted to use their actions on me, there'd be a significant amount of failure. It is still provable through failed attempts, though your abysmal tries to discredit me are noted.

While my night action is not necessarily provable, my one-shot is very provable, and my auto ability is half-provable.

However, Orangebottle, seeing as how you have just proven that fakeclaims are better to have earlier in the game, as then you cannot change your role to fit other people's actions, your twenty minutes go completely counter to your message. Explain how hiding your pathetic role makes sense. Is it because you're mafia, and incredibly unintelligent? I mean, I remember it taking you a good amount of time for you to fakeclaim in BYOP, so I can understand the need to buy time.

Also, please recall that you were one of two remaining scum at claim time, and that your partner, Andrew, was lynched for his fakeclaim, so I wouldn't necessarily consider your fakeclaiming to be exceptional. Merely average.

This way, the most information is shared to the most number of players. And seeing as how I may or may not be dead tomorrow, I'm going to order a massclaim today, because I think RVS is one of the most useless pieces of garbage that has ever existed.

Also, NUKE isn't smart enough to do this. He'd just vote for himself or something equally dumb. My plan is much better.

So, fell free to claim any time now, and I'll consider unvoting you. (I won't actually consider unvoting you because you're acting far too sly too allow to live. Especially with passive attacks.)

Also, consider your own words: You think I'm a jester. Why? If I WERE a jester, explain how NOT lynching me would be more beneficial to anyone. If you lynch a jester, nothing happens except them winning. So, why are you purposefully avoiding being suspicious of me? It's really just a lazy attempt to ignore me. Not only that, but you're worried far too much about third party roles, rather than scum.

Anything else you'd like to add as evidence against yourself? Opening your mouth works well for me.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because I said so, it's better than any question I've seen so far, and it stops fakeclaims later. Come up with a reason why not, and we'll talk.
"Because I said so" is a terrible reason. So is,"It's better than any question I've seen so far".
Finally, it doesn't prevent fakeclaims now. Fakeclaiming now actually makes it easier for one to continue fakeclaiming as the game progresses.

A massclaim at this point will cause one of three things to happen:
A)It will expose all of our roles, and we'll get to watch as the more powerful ones get picked off by scum.
B)It'll cause everybody to scramble for safe fakeclaims, causing a bunch of mislynches when these fakeclaims are found out.
C)There's a small chance of a scum slipping up on their fakeclaim and getting lynched.
The risks of an early massclaim far outweigh the benefits.

However, Orangebottle, seeing as how you have just proven that fakeclaims are better to have earlier in the game, as then you cannot change your role to fit other people's actions, your twenty minutes go completely counter to your message. Explain how hiding your pathetic role makes sense. Is it because you're mafia, and incredibly unintelligent? I mean, I remember it taking you a good amount of time for you to fakeclaim in BYOP, so I can understand the need to buy time.
Nice job, implying that scum are the only people who want to hide their roles on day one. I'm only buying time for everybody by opposing the massclaim. Cops, trackers, watchers, etc. need time to do their thing. If I wanted to fakeclaim, I would've done it already. I'd need even less time on day one, because I wouldn't need to claim actions and make sure everything fits.

This way, the most information is shared to the most number of players. And seeing as how I may or may not be dead tomorrow, I'm going to order a massclaim today, because I think RVS is one of the most useless pieces of garbage that has ever existed.
I have never seen you say that before. Ever.

So, fell free to claim any time now, and I'll consider unvoting you. (I won't actually consider unvoting you because you're acting far too sly too allow to live. Especially with passive attacks.)
Passive attacks? I don't see any.

Also, consider your own words: You think I'm a jester. Why? If I WERE a jester, explain how NOT lynching me would be more beneficial to anyone. If you lynch a jester, nothing happens except them winning. So, why are you purposefully avoiding being suspicious of me? It's really just a lazy attempt to ignore me. Not only that, but you're worried far too much about third party roles, rather than scum.
As I said, it was mostly a gut feeling. One that's definitely changed over the course of this post. Not lynching a jester means you have a vote you can use to potentially lynch scum. And yes, I'm worried about third party roles, for very good reasons. DEFCON is not a fun way to end a game at all.

Webadict. Trying to force through a massclaim for absolutely awful reasons is not a townie action. If you happen to actually be a jester, congratulations! You've earned my vote for the rest of your short life.
My Sig

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Jack, is it a coincidence that your claim happens to be about vodka?

Also, egregious is the most egregiously abused adjective on the entire page. Just throwing out some trivia.

Also, wuba's gonna wub. Wait until MBP replies so I can take my vote off him with a clear conscience.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61