Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: What's the last funny/random/utterly absurd moment that happened in a game?  (Read 18137 times)

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last funny, random, and utterly absurd moment you've had in a game
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 10:30:28 pm »

I'm playing Nethack.

Malumium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 07:11:10 am »

I was on WoW, leveling up ( a while ago, I'm 85 now) and I wanted to look cool, so I waited till my hunter was about to shoot, put the camera in front of him, and removed the interface. Just as I took the screenshot I got back stabbed.

The result was a legendary pic of a rogue in mid jump-backstab.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 02:00:27 pm »

We need a pic of that. Heck, it sounds like a good avatar to have as well.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 02:06:03 pm »

Similar to some mentioned, once when walking through a town in Skyrim my companion suddenly fell from the sky in front of me. Then he just stood there in the 'too wounded to fight' pose, looking at me.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 02:15:52 pm »

Similar to some mentioned, once when walking through a town in Skyrim my companion suddenly fell from the sky in front of me. Then he just stood there in the 'too wounded to fight' pose, looking at me.

Was your companion a bear, by any chance? :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 04:34:47 pm »

Goddammit skyrim, all I wanted to do was jump on a bucket! Why did it launch and kill a gua...

I'm cool with this.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »

I was playing L4D2 on versus yesterday. No mercy campaing, was on survivor team. All my team but the guy playing francis are incapped, as he managed to get in the Safe House. Then, somehow, a jockey jumps through the door and starts riding the poor bastard. You can imagine the rest.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 06:17:02 pm »

Any moment of Dead Space.

I got one from back in time when i was playing Red Faction: Guerilla, i was in dust, heading home from a raid when i get back i hear a weird sound "AAAEEEEEE OEEEEEE" "AEEEEEEEE OEEEEE"
"AARRRGGH!" and it keeps going on. Then i see a revolutionary stuck in a cliff spinning around at jump speed in a falling animation, i bump into him and he pops out of the ground like a headcrab. His first words? "Ah, too much whisky"
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 06:24:37 pm »

Playing Glitch yesterday, I was squeezing grain out of chickens and massaging milk out of butterflies, so that I could make more Lemburgers for Lem. Then suddenly my Magic Rock Guide shrunk me down and teleported me to a childs playpen, so that a talking rattle could ask me riddles that I would spell out the answers to with building blocks. My reward was a music box.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 07:31:25 pm »

When playing Terraria with my brother; we already dug out a rather deep pit, heading our way towards the underworld, and naturally, the both of us died playing Hardcore Mode characters. Anyway, we made this pit a one way passage with a pit of water at the bottom to catch our fall. I dove in first. ~5 seconds of falling later, I am now piranha food (along with my backup equipment) and my brother follows up a second later catching himself with a cobweb laughing at my plight as he runs for his equipment with my ghostly guidance.

Mind you, we've died a number of times using this access shaft, and moments after using the cobweb trick to prevent hitting the wood planks we had as previous breakpoints (for climbing out, which quickly became deadly fall checkpoints), and this completely blind-sided me after the downward path was cleared of platforms. Out of frustration, and being really late into the night, I stayed in ghost mode to help the recovery effort of the lost equipment. Needless to say, we recovered everything.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:37:52 pm by Itnetlolor »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 09:44:53 pm »

Playing Fallout 3. Walk into a subway maintainence room. Filled with about twenty ghouls (MMM to balance out Enclave Commander. Most of the ghouls die in short order as I kite them to flashy green death but when I go back in one is still moving.
Lying on the ground.
Just twitching.
Suddenly reality decides I'm too sane and the corse begins floating and spinning. The physics engine decides this is completely legit and everyone starts taking impact damage. A couple die. One is knocked into the next room and is followed back in by uncountable ghouls.
I'm slowly dying in a maelstrom of limbs so I pause to quit and there's a blurred, silent, screaming, disembodied face staring back at me.

Accidental nightmare fuel.

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 09:49:26 pm »

Playing Starbase Orion. Went to a red planet, which supposedly has planets with little life support, only to have the best planet that I had scouted in the entire game. And something was guarding it. I built a small military force to deal with it (it was a crystal, 400 health all up) and I had 3 ships take it on, one with nuclear missiles, and the other two with laser beams. My entire force was destroyed and the crystal survived with more than 50 percent of its health remaining. Only then to have the easy AI shoot one ship at my planet, instantly taking it. It was over at that point. It was around that point I realized that Starbase Orion is awesome.
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »

<offtopic>
I thought you had misspelled Master of, but then you did it again. So what is this "Starbase Orion"?
</offtopic>

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 11:37:28 pm »

<offtopic>
I thought you had misspelled Master of, but then you did it again. So what is this "Starbase Orion"?
</offtopic>

<offtopic>
Starbase Orion is a 4x space game, similar to Master of Orion II. The catch?
1. It is for iOS devices only
2. It is designed with multiplayer in mind

That said, the AI is very VERY good. The developer claims their AI got recognition in a worldwide AI competition. The game is designed with iOS in mind as well, it is not a port, it is a game built from the ground up to work well on iOS devices. It has great production values for an iOS game as well. The price is the only off putting thing I have found about it so far, it is 8USD. But I haven't regretted the purchase yet, still having a lot of fun
</offtopic>

In other news, I am now playing Assassins Creed Revelations. Just won a game of corruption, and got into some intense chases towards the end. Lots of fun.
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 03:10:37 am »

I shot a wolf with a fireball and it went flying. Not just knocked back, it just took off to the northwest.

Later when I was at Chorrol I saw an object falling from the sky. It took me a while to realize it was the wolf I smote earlier.

Oblivion
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9