Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64285 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #435 on: January 25, 2012, 10:01:02 am »

Can you combine seeds like that?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 25, 2012, 10:22:16 am »

Thanks for keeping track of the turn list, Eric.  Would you mind putting me on there?  I asked a while ago (page 21).
At last, she is done.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 25, 2012, 01:05:19 pm »

You are on the list, at number 40. :P

Also, Spish, that's actually a good idea and I'll see if I can do it, but civilization placement and developement is directly affected by biomes, so the same civ/history seed will not result in the same disbursement of sites and populations when coupled with a different terrain seed.

Also, does anyone have a clue why I'm unable to get this reaction to work?

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ACQUIRE_GIVING_TREE_WOOD]
[NAME:Aqcuire Wood]
[BUILDING:GIVING_TREE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:100:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:FEATHER]
[SKILL:HERBALIST]

Once that's sorted out, elves will be elfy. they still get axes and picks and at least one job from each category so you can atleast assign them later on though for players' sakes.

Generated another world to upload, but first, a picture of one of the interesting features I noticed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That highlighted blue line is a river named Dinedear the Bird of Amazing.

Anyway, save coming as soon as I've uploaded it. Then the testing could begin.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:14:21 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 25, 2012, 04:49:17 pm »

Once that's sorted out, elves will be elfy. they still get axes and picks and at least one job from each category so you can atleast assign them later on though for players' sakes.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that it's because you used NO_SUBTYPE instead of NONE.
Also, I'd like to point out that you misspelled acquire in the name of the reaction but not the actual tag.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 25, 2012, 05:56:55 pm »

but civilization placement and development is directly affected by biomes, so the same civ/history seed will not result in the same dispersement of sites and populations when coupled with a different terrain seed.
In that case, we'll just have to gather up the seeds one by one, starting with the terrain vote.

If you want kobolds to be able to mine, you're going to have to mod picks to be single-grasp at kobold size. I doubt it would have much of an impact on anyone else.

Assuming elves are to remain a stone-free society, they'll need to be able to make wooden mechanisms for traps. Give them the ability to make highwood as well, it's sufficiently elfy and it would make a much better arrow material than featherwood. Not to mention it's brown, unlike featherwood. Considered the idea of allowing them to make one wood type of every color, but that doesn't mesh with their above-groundedness.

Going to need to make the exotic pets tameable in Elf Mode (well, all modes, but especially Elf), because elves just aren't elves without war animals.

Civ leader deaths will be a much bigger problem with goblin players, since the dwarves will be sieging with their generals and etcetera (and we sure don't want those guys dying). In those cases, I recommend the player just forbid all entrances until they leave, or catch the leader in a cage trap and set 'im free.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:44:35 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 25, 2012, 08:27:16 pm »

If by that, you mean choosing one particular civilization of each race that we will use, then it's an excellent idea, but we couldn't really expect to mandate it and be able to enforce it.

Yeah, that's what I mean.  Enforcing it would likely be difficult, especially with this many people, but it would still be a nice touch to the project. 
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 25, 2012, 10:16:58 pm »

Put me in for 51!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 26, 2012, 03:10:09 am »

You are on the list, at number 40. :P

Also, Spish, that's actually a good idea and I'll see if I can do it, but civilization placement and developement is directly affected by biomes, so the same civ/history seed will not result in the same disbursement of sites and populations when coupled with a different terrain seed.

Generated another world to upload, but first, a picture of one of the interesting features I noticed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That highlighted blue line is a river named Dinedear the Bird of Amazing.

Anyway, save coming as soon as I've uploaded it. Then the testing could begin.
actually, moments after i posted, i quick genned a little pocket world and started a fort. around midnight tomorrow night, I'll be posting it up for whoever's next to rock. shoulda mentioned that. sorry.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 26, 2012, 03:50:37 am »

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that it's because you used NO_SUBTYPE instead of NONE.
Also, I'd like to point out that you misspelled acquire in the name of the reaction but not the actual tag.

Thanks for catching that typo before it became a feral monster bent on our destruction. I also tried the reaction with NONE instead of NO_SUBTYPE, along with various other combinations. Still didn't work. I replaced the product string with 100:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON and it successfully produced 90 logs of pure iron. That was interesting, to say the least. No idea why it produced 90 at once, though.
---------
Not really a concern anymore; I've figured it out, but not in time to correct the uploaded file. If you don't want to wait between 10 hours and 10 days for me to reupload it yet again, then open 'reaction_elves.txt' in the objects folder of the save and replace the reaction with this one:

[PRODUCT:60:1:WOOD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:HIGHWOOD:WOOD]

Oh, and Spish, I don't think kobolds will be available anyway, since they aren't playable in fortress mode unless they have their default site changed from cave to something else.
I changed the wood elves produce to highwood, though. Making all animals tameable will probably also happen, depending on whether Toady One fixes the bugs with the dungeon master position.

Put me in for 51!

done.

Anyway, the current save;
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5342
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Veetor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 26, 2012, 02:02:16 pm »

i just had one of those flashes of inspiration! in preperation for this thing, how's about we get 5 people, each with 2 day turns on a pocket world?
y'know, just to test out the logistics of posting saves and alerting people. sorta run a micro-version of this monster we're planning to iron out some kinks?
anyone down?

EDIT: i remember DS having an issue with the weatherwires save when an adventurer would approach, it would crash, due to having issue loading that many things all at once or something. that's the reason for my desire to run a test world, among others.

I also can help with this

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 27, 2012, 12:35:48 am »

ok, im as done as im gonna be with this fort, so i may as well hand it off, since it's almost midnight. Elifre? you called it first, so you're number 2. If you havent picked it up by the time i get to work tomorrow, it moves to terra_inc, and then someone else i'll figure out if those events should come to pass.

ummmm...

can someone walk me through posting the save somewhere?

heheheh
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 27, 2012, 12:40:21 am »

Sorry, move me to #3 for the test world. I'm going to be busy today (Friday), so I won't have the time to give it a proper run.

The delay doesn't stop me from thinking of how to best destroy the world in the given amount of time, though. ^^
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 27, 2012, 12:52:33 am »

Sorry, move me to #3 for the test world. I'm going to be busy today (Friday), so I won't have the time to give it a proper run.

The delay doesn't stop me from thinking of how to best destroy the world in the given amount of time, though. ^^
please dont do that

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 27, 2012, 12:53:03 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/
This site holds the answers you seek. Look to the Community Games sections.
Edit: In retrospect, this project could also fall under Pregenerated Worlds.

If no one else'll take his spot, I offer to be #2. But this is on pretty short notice, so it'll have to wait.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:57:15 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 27, 2012, 01:22:21 am »

please dont do that
ETHIC:FUN:MANDATORY

Must blow up the world... Armok demands it...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54