Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 958566 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #5595 on: February 14, 2013, 11:59:43 pm »

You could try the Steam print screen. Works in most game, even when the usual print screen doesn't work. I don't remember they key though, F12 maybe ?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: February 15, 2013, 12:02:27 am »

It is indeed F12. Kindof annoying for the occasional game where F12 does something else.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: February 15, 2013, 12:17:02 am »

You could always rebind the key, either for the game or for Steam. Can't remember exactly where the menu is for Steam, but I'm pretty sure that you can easily assess it from the Shift+Tab thing.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: February 15, 2013, 01:13:44 am »

Greenshot is another good tool for taking screenshots.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: February 16, 2013, 03:26:46 am »

greenshot is useful

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: March 01, 2013, 06:11:20 pm »

I'm doing an Ironman Classic (with 3 of the first Second Wave options).

So far, the 3 first missions have been a success (even the 2 sectoids that spawned in the middle of my team didn't hurt them), with 2 wounded (10 days), and no death. I'm afraid that the god RNG will utterly fuck me now, it's been too kind to be honest. And I've met only sectoids too.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #5601 on: March 01, 2013, 11:38:32 pm »

You don't meet Thinmen until the 23rd of March (The first Council mission always happens on that day and it always has Thinmen.). Floaters don't show up until the 2nd month.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: March 23, 2013, 12:33:32 pm »

OK, I can confirm that 2 substantial expansion sized DLC are in testing with the first one expected to release in May and the next in July(if all goes well). There are also some less significant DLC that will drop around the same time but are more optional in nature. I will also say that the first big one is pretty impressive and the second one, if it doesn't change too much due to feedback and performance issues, will be the real game changer.

There should be a public statement in the next week or so which may or may not give even more information than this. If you can't wait that long, Jake is in Boston and has a laptop(one of two) with some super cool info on it. It's in his room while he goes out for dinner and drinks every night. Just saying.  ;)
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: March 23, 2013, 12:43:22 pm »

It'll be interesting to see what they're coming up with!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: March 23, 2013, 12:52:24 pm »

I think I just had my first run in with the teleporting enemies.  I was af an abductor ufo, and a beserker charged out from the evac zone.  My sniler double tapped him with a headshot and regular shot, so it didnt matter much thou.  I,also managed to take my firsf beserker alive.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: March 23, 2013, 12:56:46 pm »

If there is going to be DLC, I sincerely hope it includes Base Attack. I was very disappointed that the Ant Hill never got attacked by alliums, even after X-Com drags several transmissive artifacts back to it. Plus, it would be fun to fight inside a base you built up. 
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: March 24, 2013, 07:24:05 am »

I've been thinking about doing an Insane/Ironman run lately but if the numerous bugstm are still in the game I'll wait some more. I barely finished my last playthrough due to bug rage. So someone who has played it more recently, have they fixed the most annoying ones yet? Like the Line of Sight issues and panic due to a mind controlled alien being seen as a team member when dieing?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: March 24, 2013, 12:27:47 pm »

I've completed a few insane ironman runs. It's generally not too bad. Bugs aren't really an issue since if you were going to die to any of the relatively minor problems the bugs present, then you were going to lose anyway.

For example, the teleporting enemies glitch is actually useful in insane. Because what happens in insane is your team will always be moving a super slow snail's pace from cover to cover, staying as far away from everything as possible. So when enemies teleport into the middle of your squad, you will cut them down before they even get anywhere thanks to reaction fire, the proximity, as well as their lack of cover. It's kinda like the missions where thin men drop from the sky, except in sets of 3.

So yeah, as someone who's done them quite a few times. It's not the biggest deal and you can easily circumvent the issues. Though of course I might not recommend it if you don't take trial and error well as the problems with insane come from the crazy buffs the enemies get... not really the bugs.

I also highly recommend you rush for laser and plasma weapons above all else. Armour is useless in insane unless you're in full titan or something like that. Carapace still gets you killed in one shot. If you manage to get a good sniper with laser or better, he alone is going to carry you to victory.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: March 24, 2013, 06:26:39 pm »

They also just announced that there will be a straight port of XCOM enemy unknown for IOS
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/23/xcom-enemy-unknown-iOS/
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: March 24, 2013, 06:43:45 pm »

OK, I can confirm that 2 substantial expansion sized DLC are in testing with the first one expected to release in May and the next in July(if all goes well). There are also some less significant DLC that will drop around the same time but are more optional in nature. I will also say that the first big one is pretty impressive and the second one, if it doesn't change too much due to feedback and performance issues, will be the real game changer.

There should be a public statement in the next week or so which may or may not give even more information than this. If you can't wait that long, Jake is in Boston and has a laptop(one of two) with some super cool info on it. It's in his room while he goes out for dinner and drinks every night. Just saying.  ;)

How do you know these things?

...Are you a wizard?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 625